Subject: Monitor wanted

From: "atrax27407" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 22:43:46 -0000

Does anyone have a source for (or an excess) analog RGB monitor suitable for use with an 80-column system? Nothing critical but I would like to locate a spare.

---

From: fdos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 09:17:01 -0700

Unfortunately, I can't help you with your specific request as all my 
Analog RGB monitors are kaput pending repairs that I won't get around to 
until after I complete my current projects (2 x software & 2 x 
hardware).  However, I can tell you that sometime back (as much as a 
year ago) I had another Commodore 1084 going on the fritz rapidly, until 
I discovered that by leaving it powered up 24x7, even though we have 
frequent AC outages that cycle up and down rapidly, this monitor is 
still working flawlessly at this time.  Every time I switch on either my 
TI-99/4P (analog RGB) or TI-99/4A (composite) it's ready.  My Geneve is 
connected to an NEC Multisync.

Take it for what it's worth from someone who has 4 dead Analog RGB 
monitors out in his garage (hopefully all future repair projects).

Bill S

atrax27407 wrote:
>  
> 
> Does anyone have a source for (or an excess) analog RGB monitor suitable 
> for use with an 80-column system? Nothing critical but I would like to 
> locate a spare.
> 
>