Subject: Re: [TI994A] Found strange cartridge

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 23:49:34 EST

Actually, it was released in several forms and multiple versions. The  
Navarrone cartridge was one and there was also a disk version. I have the EPROM  
code and can burn an 8K EPROM as well. The manual should be available on 
the WHT  website. 
 
Any decent sector editor can do the same thing. All you need to know is the 
 structure of the disk and replace the damaged sector 0 with a good one. 
There  are some other capabilities as well.
 
A modified version was included in the Hunter Valley 99er Eprommer. I think 
 I have 3 or four versions of Disk-Fixer around somewhere.
 
Bob  Carmany

In a message dated 11/24/2009 10:33:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Actual info from Mainbyte...

<snip>
Unlocks  the secrets of the disk and lets you access hidden or "lost" 
information. Disk  Fixer is a must for the serious TI 99/4A user who has a "sick 
disk" which  suffers from a damaged directory. This program lets you recover 
unscathed  information by searching your disk by sector rather than file 
name. Disk Fixer  lets you diplay/print the actual binary contents with a 
single command. It  allows you to change any byte on any sector, even move data 
from one sector to  another.   

Owen Brand  
**Oprysoft**
_Opry99er.com_ (http://opry99er.com/) 

On Nov 24, 2009, at 10:10 PM, "Bryan Roppolo Boulder"  
<[email-masked] (mailto:[email-masked]) >  wrote:

Sounds like a Navarone cart from the ECPC  machine?

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] (mailto:[email-masked])   
[mailto:[email-masked] (mailto:[email-masked]) ]  On Behalf Of
Owen Brand
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 10:06  PM
To: [email-masked] (mailto:[email-masked]) 
Subject:  [TI994A] Found strange cartridge

Hey all... Recently picked up a  strange cartridge I've never seen 
before and don't have any info on...  It's a beige cart with a hand- 
written label that says "Disk Fixer 2.1".  Anyone have info on this 
cart? Know where a manual can be  found?

Owen Brand
**Oprysoft**
_Opry99er.com_ (http://opry99er.com/) 

------------------------------------

Yahoo!  Groups  Links