Subject: file transfer via .wav file

From: R Halter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 12:53:06 -0600

Before I got my PEB, I had tried typing in a program via MESS and saving 
to CS1 (which creates a .wav file), then burning that to a CD, which I 
then tried to load as "OLD CS1" on my console, using my Discman.  It 
didn't work.

Just now, on the AtariAge forum, I read this:
"The text adventure games that go with the "Adventure" cart are some of 
my favorites. You can download them as audio them play them back via a 
MP3 player instead of the tape deck."

Now why didn't I think of that?  (facepalm)  I have 3 different mp3 
players I could try it with.  Of course, it may turn out the same as my 
experiment with the CD.  I'll try it on my next day off, when I have 
time to play around with it.  Has anyone else on the list tried 
transferring programs as audio files on an mp3 player?

If it works, it would certainly make entering BASIC/Extended BASIC 
programs much faster and easier -- type the program in on the PC, save 
it as a cassette file, load it on the console, save it to disk.

-- 
"Which key is the 'Any' key?"

---

From: Gregory McGill <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 11:04:32 -0800

Owen did/does this I think with his ipod..