Subject: Torrents question

From: Barry Peterson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 19:14:56 -0600

I have the URL http://tursilion.com/tor/ftp.whtech.com.torrent and VUSE is
installed but ... (Slight blush at admitting) I can't see how to DL the
"stuff"

HELP!

---

From: Barry Peterson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 19:17:39 -0600

> installed but ... (Slight blush at admitting) I can't see how to DL the

From MSIE I get a message;

"You don't have permission to access /tor/ftp.whtech.com.torrent on this
server."

Something/somebody doesn't like me.

---

From: "Tony Knerr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 01:25:51 -0000

> installed but ... (Slight blush at admitting) I can't see how to DL the

Barry,

I'm not sure how VUSE works, but go to the files section here on the group page and download the ftp.whtech.com.torrent file to your computer. There surely is a way to load that file into VUSE, but I don't know what it is. Maybe you'll get lucky, or someone else will provide more assistance.

Tony

---

From: ti99_forever <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 18:04:48 -0800 (PST)

Just dbl-clicking ought to do it, once you've downloaded the file.Or once in Vuse, just open it from there...

--- On Fri, 11/6/09, Tony Knerr <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: Tony Knerr <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TI994A] Re: Torrents question
To: [email-masked]
Date: Friday, November 6, 2009, 8:25 PM

  

      --- In TI994A@yahoogroups. com, Barry Peterson <barry.peterson@ ...> wrote:

> I have the URL http://tursilion. com/tor/ftp. whtech.com. torrent and VUSE is

Barry,

I'm not sure how VUSE works, but go to the files section here on the group page and download the ftp.whtech.com. torrent file to your computer. There surely is a way to load that file into VUSE, but I don't know what it is. Maybe you'll get lucky, or someone else will provide more assistance.

Tony

---

From: "Tursi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 22:43:37 -0500

> Something/somebody doesn't like me.

Hi Barry.. I checked my logs. If your IP ends with 227.146, you were 
blocked because your IP address was detected by honeypots as being 
infected, either with backdoors or viruses, that run around infecting 
web servers. This doesn't mean that YOU are necessarily infected, if 
someone had the IP address before you.

You can request removal from the list - this is a normal part of 
ModSecurity so other sites may also give you grief.

You can look up your address here: http://www.abuse.net/sbl.phtml

The one in my logs (which I am not sharing fully for privacy reasons) is 
listed in the CBL on this page: http://cbl.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi

It claims that the problem was detected just 4 and a half hours ago, and 
has been removed and relisted previously. Here is a copy of the text:

-----
IP Address xx.xx.227.146 is currently listed in the CBL.

It was detected at 2009-11-06 23:00 GMT (+/- 30 minutes), approximately 
4 hours, 30 minutes ago.

There will usually be a link to self-remove this IP from the CBL at the 
end of this page, but read the following text first

It has been relisted following a previous removal at 2006-07-28 02:39 
GMT

ATTENTION: At the time of detection, this IP was infected with, or 
NATting for a computer infected with a high volume spam sending trojan - 
it is participating or facilitating a botnet sending spam or spreading 
virus/spam trojans.

ATTENTION: If you simply repeatedly remove this IP address from the CBL 
without correcting the problem, the CBL WILL eventually stop letting you 
delist it and you will have to contact us directly.

This is the rustock spamBOT

You MUST patch your system and then fix/remove the trojan. Do this 
before delisting, or you're most likely to be listed again almost 
immediately.

If this IP is a NAT firewall/gateway, you MUST configure the NAT to 
prevent outbound port 25 connections to the Internet except from your 
real mail servers. Please see our recommendations on NAT firewalls

The Microsoft MSRT (Malicious Software Removal Tool) stands a good 
chance of being able to find/remove the malicious software. If you can 
find which machine[s] the malware is on.

---

From: Barry Peterson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 07:04:56 -0600

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 9:43 PM, Tursi <[email-masked]> wrote:

> infected

I don't know if that was me, but I retried and it worked the second time.
@8^)

But it'll take me a while, I have a wireless connection at an RV park in OKC
and I suspect that the server shuts me down after a while. The speed is OK
for a while, then I have to reboot and continue.