Subject: This day in history (OT)

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 18:46:05 -0500

January 6th 1983
The Winter Consumer Electronics Show (CES) is held January 6 – 9 in  
Las Vegas, Nevada. Several landmark computing advances are unveiled,  
including the Apple IIe. The event is attended by 1,056 exhibitors and  
78,126 guests.

At the Winter Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Apple Computer  
introduces theApple IIe, featuring 64KB RAM and the ProDOS operating  
system. Price: US$1,395

At the Winter Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Apple Computer  
introduces theLisa computer, which will ultimately prove to be a  
commercial flop. Of the fifty thousand units Apple hoped to sell in  
the first year, only about fifteen thousand will actually be sold. The  
system is based on the Xerox Star and was developed at a cost of  
approximately US$50 million. Price: US$9,995

At the Winter Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Mattel introduces the  
Intellivision IIvideo game system. The system features a 12K ROM, 10K  
RAM, a built-in voice synthesizer, stereo output, keypad controllers,  
an optional keyboard, optional joysticks, a redesigned Intellivoice  
and 2600 game adapter. The system is backwards compatible for use with  
existing Intellivision games. Mattel also introduces a 49-key music  
keyboard which converts the Intellivision to a music synthesizer.

At the Winter Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Texas Instruments (TI)  
introduces the Compact Computer 40 and the TI-99/2 Basic Computer.

At the Winter Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Unitronics unveils the  
Expander tape player for the Atari 2600 Video Computer System, which  
allows users to play 16K games and convers the system into a 16K  
computer with a 64-key keyboard.

Owen Brand
**Oprysoft**
Opry99er.com

---

From: "Bryan Roppolo Boulder" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 09:16:35 -0500

Well, let's not forget that the MBX made its debut appearance at the January
1983 CES as well. That was one good show!

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Owen Brand
Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 6:46 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [TI994A] This day in history (OT)

January 6th 1983

The Winter  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_Electronics_Show>
Consumer Electronics Show (CES) is held January 6 - 9 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Several landmark computing advances are unveiled, including the
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_IIe> Apple IIe. The event is attended by
1,056 exhibitors and 78,126 guests.

At the Winter  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_Electronics_Show>
Consumer Electronics Show (CES),  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Inc.>
Apple Computer introduces the <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_IIe> Apple
IIe, featuring 64KB RAM and the ProDOS operating system. Price: US$1,395

At the Winter  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_Electronics_Show>
Consumer Electronics Show (CES),  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Inc.>
Apple Computer introduces the <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Lisa> Lisa
computer, which will ultimately prove to be a commercial flop. Of the fifty
thousand units Apple hoped to sell in the first year, only about fifteen
thousand will actually be sold. The system is based on the Xerox Star and
was developed at a cost of approximately US$50 million. Price: US$9,995

At the Winter  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_Electronics_Show>
Consumer Electronics Show (CES),  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mattel>
Mattel introduces the  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellivision_II>
Intellivision IIvideo game system. The system features a 12K ROM, 10K RAM, a
built-in voice synthesizer, stereo output, keypad controllers, an optional
keyboard, optional joysticks, a redesigned Intellivoice and 2600 game
adapter. The system is backwards compatible for use with existing
Intellivision games. Mattel also introduces a 49-key music keyboard which
converts the Intellivision to a music synthesizer.

At the Winter  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_Electronics_Show>
Consumer Electronics Show (CES),
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Instruments> Texas Instruments (TI)
introduces the Compact Computer 40 and the TI-99/2 Basic Computer.

At the Winter  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_Electronics_Show>
Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Unitronics unveils the Expander tape player
for the Atari 2600 Video Computer System, which allows users to play 16K
games and convers the system into a 16K computer with a 64-key keyboard.

Owen Brand

**Oprysoft**

Opry99er.com

---

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 09:33:29 -0500

Sorry.   Forgot that one.  :). Very cool... I always wanted one of  
those systems...  Almost bought one one time from Keith on his eBay  
store...  But now that I have responsibilities and crap, I can't  
afford one.  Shame--- it would be a great addition to my system.  :)

Owen Brand
**Oprysoft**
Opry99er.com

On Jan 7, 2010, at 9:16 AM, "Bryan Roppolo Boulder"  
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> Well, let’s not forget that the MBX made its debut appearance at the 
>  January 1983 CES as well. That was one good show!
>
>
>
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On  
> Behalf Of Owen Brand
>  including the Apple IIe. The event is attended by 1,056 exhibitors  
> and 78,126 guests.
>
> the first year, only about fifteen thousand will actually be sold.  
> The system is based on the Xerox Star and was developed at a cost of  
> Intellivision IIvideo game system. The system features a 12K ROM,  
> 10K RAM, a built-in voice synthesizer, stereo output, keypad  
> controllers, an optional keyboard, optional joysticks, a redesigned  
> Intellivoice and 2600 game adapter. The system is backwards  
> compatible for use with existing Intellivision games. Mattel also  
> introduces a 49-key music keyboard which converts the Intellivision  
> to a music synthesizer.
>
> At the Winter Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Texas Instruments  
> (TI) introduces the Compact Computer 40 and the TI-99/2 Basic  
> Computer.
>
> At the Winter Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Unitronics unveils  
> the Expander tape player for the Atari 2600 Video Computer System,  
> which allows users to play 16K games and convers the system into a  
> 16K computer with a 64-key keyboard.
>
>
>
>
> Owen Brand
>
> **Oprysoft**
>
> Opry99er.com
>
>
>
>
>

---

From: fdos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 08:05:35 -0700

Yes, very cool, but mine is still out in the garage along with a couple 
of track balls, but I did bring in the wireless joysticks sometime back, 
but haven't connected them to anything yet (my grandkids will go bananas 
if I connect them to the CF7A+ system).  I have to wait until I get my 
Geek Room more organized before I can bring in that stuff and a lot more 
documentation (bookshelves are currently being used by useful junk, 
hard/floppy drives and PEB cards).

Bill S

Owen Brand wrote:
>  
> 
> Sorry.   Forgot that one.  :). Very cool... I always wanted one of those 
> systems...  Almost bought one one time from Keith on his eBay store... 
>  But now that I have responsibilities and crap, I can't afford one. 
>  Shame--- it would be a great addition to my system.  :)
> 
> Owen Brand
> **Oprysoft**
> Opry99er.com <http://Opry99er.com>
> 
> On Jan 7, 2010, at 9:16 AM, "Bryan Roppolo Boulder" <[email-masked] 
> <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
> 
>>  
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> *From:* [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] *On 
>> Behalf Of *Owen Brand
>> *Sent:* Wednesday, January 06, 2010 6:46 PM
>> *To:* [email-masked]; [email-masked]
>> *Subject:* [TI994A] This day in history (OT)
>>
>>  
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> January 6th 1983
>>
>> The Winter Consumer Electronics Show 
>> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_Electronics_Show> (CES) is held 
>> January 6 – 9 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Several landmark computing 
>> advances are unveiled, including the Apple IIe 
>> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_IIe>. The event is attended by 
>> At the Winter Consumer Electronics Show 
>> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_Electronics_Show> (CES), Apple 
>> Computer <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Inc.> introduces theApple 
>> IIe <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_IIe>, featuring 64KB RAM and 
>> the ProDOS operating system. Price: US$1,395
>>
>> At the Winter Consumer Electronics Show 
>> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_Electronics_Show> (CES), Apple 
>> Computer <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Inc.> introduces theLisa 
>> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Lisa> computer, which will 
>> ultimately prove to be a commercial flop. Of the fifty thousand units 
>> Apple hoped to sell in the first year, only about fifteen thousand 
>> will actually be sold. The system is based on the Xerox Star and was 
>> developed at a cost of approximately US$50 million. Price: US$9,995
>>
>> At the Winter Consumer Electronics Show 
>> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_Electronics_Show> (CES), Mattel 
>> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mattel> introduces the Intellivision II 
>> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellivision_II>video game system. The 
>> system features a 12K ROM, 10K RAM, a built-in voice synthesizer, 
>> stereo output, keypad controllers, an optional keyboard, optional 
>> joysticks, a redesigned Intellivoice and 2600 game adapter. The system 
>> is backwards compatible for use with existing Intellivision games. 
>> Mattel also introduces a 49-key music keyboard which converts the 
>> Intellivision to a music synthesizer.
>>
>> At the Winter Consumer Electronics Show 
>> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_Electronics_Show> (CES), Texas 
>> Instruments <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Instruments> (TI) 
>> At the Winter Consumer Electronics Show 
>> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_Electronics_Show> (CES), 
>> Unitronics unveils the Expander tape player for the Atari 2600 Video 
>> Computer System, which allows users to play 16K games and convers the 
>> system into a 16K computer with a 64-key keyboard.
>>
>>  
>>
>>
>> Owen Brand
>>
>> **Oprysoft**
>>
>> <http://Opry99er.com>Opry99er.com <http://Opry99er.com>
>>
>>
>