Subject: Need help testing a file

From: "opry99er" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 01:01:23 -0000

I posted what I believe to be an old TOD game I started editing a couple years ago in the Asgard editor to my website.  I happened to find it in an old email...  I have no way to check it right now so I was wondering if one if you wouldn't mind DLing it off my website and trying it out in Classic99 using the ToD ROM that is native to the emulator.  Instructions for loading it are on my site.  But it's pretty simple.  Just let me know if it loads... I know it's nor totally complete.  Thanks

Owen Brand

---

From: "Tursi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 23:11:54 -0500

>I posted what I believe to be an old TOD game I started editing a 
>couple years ago in the Asgard editor to my website.  I happened to 
>find it in an old email...  I have no way to check it right now so I 
>was wondering if one if you wouldn't mind DLing it off my website and 
>trying it out in Classic99 using the ToD ROM that is native to the 
>emulator.  Instructions for loading it are on my site.  But it's pretty 
>simple.  Just let me know if it loads... I know it's nor totally 
>complete.  Thanks
>

Hmm.. it doesn't load, but I've had some other issues with Tunnels of 
Doom on the new file system. Anyone know where I can snag a few other 
test files?

---

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 23:32:12 -0500

I have a ton of ToD games on diskette that I was using as reference  
for building mine.  I purchased a copy of MG Explorer because I wanted  
to delve much deeper than the Asgard software. My goal was to redesign  
more than just characters and quest objects.  I spent a few months  
learning what the ToD construction consisted of and bought a whole  
bunch of custom ToD games from a certain unpopular TI eBay seller...  
If I had my rig set up, I could transfer them to my PC and send them  
to you... Unfortunately all my computer stuff is still in boxes.  Let  
me try one more thing Mike... I'm going to send you a personal email  
with an attachment.  This might work...

Owen Brand
**Oprysoft**
Opry99er.com

---

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 00:47:29 -0500

Tursi, in my research and work with ToD and the Asgard software, I  
came across a site that was most interesting.  The author of this  
software is the foremost expert in the ToD structure and templates.   
He has done years of work and created some amazing tools for breaking  
down ToD games and code.  On his site, you can DL 5 original custom  
ToD games to try out in Classic99.  The link is below.  Good luck.

Dreamcodex.com

Owen Brand
**Oprysoft**
Opry99er.com

---

From: "Tursi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 01:47:31 -0500

There's nothing wrong with the download. The fault is in Classic99 - 
this I could already tell. I was able to use the original PENNIES and 
QUEST files to verify that it's either mis-identifying the files or 
(more likely) being too strict. The request for additional files was so 
I had more than one point of reference for when I get to testing the 
fix - should be okay now!

(The reason the built-in PENNIES and QUEST have no problem is they don't 
have any file headers, they are just assumed to be correct).

I should be able to get to the biggest of the Classic99 updates this 
week, there's getting to be quite a list (people are also unable to load 
their save files in Tunnels of Doom - likely the same bug). I got 
started on updating stuff tonight, but only got my PhotoShop TI-Artist 
Read plugin uploaded, and updated my Convert9918 image converter. 
Classic99 is next.