Subject: Opry99er.com updates

From: "opry99er" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 23:09:14 -0000

I just updated my site.  Here is a list of the newest updates:

*Upgraded home page, new graphics
*New development blog on the Asgard Tunnels of Doom editor
*New Screenshots containing shots from my "Beryl Reichardt" ToD game 
*Downloadable copy of the unfinished "beta" version of the ToD game 

Please take a look, DL the new game and give it a try on Classic99.  It is far from complete, but there is alot of good stuff already in there.  I really need a few folks willing to play it for a while and make notes on graphic bugs, playability, difficulty, etc..  The editing process of the ToD file is a long and trying one, but I want to complete this game so it will become a playable functional piece of TI software.  If I can get to the point where using the editing mechanism is time-effective, I will be putting out a supplemental ToD Editing manual so that anyone who wishes to make their own ToD games can learn from the grief I have been through.  :)  Thanks

---

From: "Tursi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 01:02:42 -0500

The torrent is now up using my private tracker. The archive is 
approximately 19GB. I chose not to remove the MAX files at this time, as 
they are only about 3GB (compared to more than 10GB for the PDFs). I did 
have to rename a couple of files and removed one (seemingly corrupt) 
that had filenames which differed only by case, so the files will load 
successfully on a Windows box.

I have one seed running, and a second trickling down in the background. 
Server speed should be good, go ahead and help the seeding effort. Feel 
free to load the torrent to other trackers, that should help share the 
load (perhaps adding the word "emulator" in the filename to get the 
script kiddies to seed it ;) ). It would be a good idea to do so in case 
I ever wish to take my tracker down in the future, the torrent won't be 
lost.

http://tursilion.com/tor/ftp.whtech.com.torrent

---

From: ti99_forever <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 22:33:35 -0800 (PST)

Urgh! Bad timing!
I'm at work, so I won't be able to start until the morning...

--- On Thu, 11/5/09, Tursi <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: Tursi <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TI994A] WHTech Torrent is online
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 1:02 AM

  

lost.

http://tursilion. com/tor/ftp. whtech.com. torrent

---

From: Insane Multitasker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 01:32:15 -0600

Wow - 13GB of documentation?!  Are the bulk of the files in one or two directories and if so, would it make sense to split into separate torrents?  It's late and I'm bleary eyed from finishing a report that I have to present in, oh, 7.5 hours, so I'll take my answer with some extra-strength coffee and a few excedrin.  grin

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 01:02:42 -0500
> ------------------------------------
> 
> Yahoo! Groups Links
> 
> 
> 
 		 	   		  
_________________________________________________________________
Hotmail: Trusted email with powerful SPAM protection.
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141665/direct/01/

---

From: "Tursi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 02:45:19 -0500

It's scattered all over the place... I double-checked the numbers I 
wrote down - 3.6GB for MAX files, 10GB for PDF files.

The main issue is the PDFs are mostly images.. we've got them in a nice 
common format, but we still need to go through and OCR them. Or at least 
investigate recompressing them.

At any rate, this is our starting point, we can distribute it more 
easily. With them on multiple local drives, the concept of finding a way 
to improve what we have becomes a bit easier. :)

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Insane Multitasker" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2009 2:32 AM
Subject: RE: [TI994A] WHTech Torrent is online

Wow - 13GB of documentation?!  Are the bulk of the files in one or two 
directories and if so, would it make sense to split into separate 
torrents?  It's late and I'm bleary eyed from finishing a report that I 
have to present in, oh, 7.5 hours, so I'll take my answer with some 
extra-strength coffee and a few excedrin.  grin

---

From: "Tony Knerr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 10:10:26 -0000

--- In [email-masked], "Tursi" <yahoogroup@...> wrote:
> ...

Thank you very much for your efforts. 18.9gb, whew!
Looks as if I'm the 2nd leecher.

I had a thought on reorganizing the files. I'm not necessarily interested in taking on such a daunting task, but someone doing so
could provide everyone with a batch file to update their directory before starting an updated torrent so as to provide for a minimal download on a new torrent. The reorganizer would just need to keep careful track of what they moved.

Tony

---

From: mark wills <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 02:23:16 -0800 (PST)

Even better,

As you re-organise the files you have downloaded, make a note of where from/to you have moved the files.

Then, write a batch file to re-create this exactly.

Then, add the batch file to the torrent.

That way, anyone else that want's to re-organise the files can just run your batch file. They can also do it retrospectively (if they downloaded the complete thing prior to you adding the batch file to the torrent) as long as they haven't moved any files by themselves (which could break your batch file).

Mark

________________________________
From: Tony Knerr <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Thu, 5 November, 2009 11:10:26
Subject: [TI994A] Re: WHTech Torrent is online

Tony

---

From: ti99_forever <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 02:37:20 -0800 (PST)

And what about those of us that can't run *batch* files? UNIX shell script, anyone?

--- On Thu, 11/5/09, mark wills <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: mark wills <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [TI994A] Re: WHTech Torrent is online
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 5:23 AM

  

      Even better,

Mark

From: Tony Knerr <tonyknerr@comcast. net>
To: TI994A@yahoogroups. com
Sent: Thu, 5 November, 2009 11:10:26
Subject: [TI994A] Re: WHTech Torrent is online

    

      --- In TI994A@yahoogroups. com, "Tursi" <yahoogroup@ ...> wrote:

Tony

---

From: mark wills <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 02:40:23 -0800 (PST)

Aye. Fit like.

________________________________
From: ti99_forever <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Thu, 5 November, 2009 11:37:20
Subject: Re: [TI994A] Re: WHTech Torrent is online

--- On Thu, 11/5/09, mark wills <markrobertwills@ yahoo.co. uk> wrote:

>From: mark wills <markrobertwills@ yahoo.co. uk>
From: Tony Knerr
> <tonyknerr@comcast. net>

---

From: "eolson22" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 03:22:26 -0000

This is a good thing. I will use the archive a lot more once it
completes!  I have joined in with "Transmission" (Mac) client, and will
be seeding indefinitely via DSL.  I wonder if that is Richard's kTorrent
out there? Someone's uTorrent (Mac) keeps connecting and dropping out,

---

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 22:29:33 -0500

My mac bittorrent is dropping in and out... but I stopped it briefly  
and will try again here in a few.  :) This is a great thing, guys...  
If only there was an emulator for Mac...

Owen Brand
**Oprysoft**
Opry99er.com

On Nov 5, 2009, at 10:22 PM, "eolson22" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> completes!
> I have joined in with "Transmission" (Mac) client, and will be  
> seeding indefinitely via DSL.
>
> I wonder if that is Richard's kTorrent out there? Someone's uTorrent  
> (Mac) keeps connecting and dropping out, too.

---

From: fdos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 07:31:37 -0700

FYI the MESS TI & Geneve emulators were both done on a MAC by Raphael 
Nabet.  So where did you get the idea there are no emulators for MAC?

Bill S

Owen Brand wrote:
>  
> 
> My mac bittorrent is dropping in and out... but I stopped it briefly and 
> will try again here in a few.  :) This is a great thing, guys... If only 
> there was an emulator for Mac...
> 
> Owen Brand
> **Oprysoft**
> Opry99er.com <http://Opry99er.com>
> 
> On Nov 5, 2009, at 10:22 PM, "eolson22" <[email-masked] 
> <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
> 
>>  
>>
>> be seeding indefinitely via DSL. I wonder if that is Richard's 
>> kTorrent out there? Someone's uTorrent (Mac) keeps connecting and 
>> dropping out, too. --- In [email-masked], "Tursi" 
>> <yahoogroup@...> wrote:
>> >
>> > http://tursilion.com/tor/ftp.whtech.com <http://whtech.com>.torrent
>> >
>>
>

---

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 09:44:01 -0500

They don't run natively.  Apparently MESS has to be compiled...  
Something I am unfamiliar with how to do, and I just learned that it  
was even possible from Greg McGill last night.  And I "got that idea"  
because nothing I tried to install and run on the mac would work.   
But, thanks to staying up til 4 AM last night, I was able to create a  
virtual pc on my Mac, install windows xp (I won't describe how I got  
the copy here) and installed Classic99.  All is well.  :)

Owen Brand
**Oprysoft**
Opry99er.com

---

From: R Halter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 08:54:48 -0600

> the copy here) and installed Classic99.  All is well.  :)

It's really not that hard.  I hadn't compiled anything since I was in 
high school and we had to compile FORTRAN programs, and I managed to get 
MESS working on my PC a couple of months ago.  I'll dig through my 
bookmarks and see if I can find the instructions I followed (the ones 
from the MESS website didn't work for me).

-- 
"Which key is the 'Any' key?"

---

From: R Halter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 09:09:31 -0600

> from the MESS website didn't work for me).

Never mind.  I *think* I found the page, but it only has instructions 
for compiling MESS in Windows.

---

From: fdos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 08:09:47 -0700

Other than Michael and Greg, I think most of us download the already 
compiled executables for Windows, MAC or Linux, as the case may be.  A 
couple of years back I did try to compile the Linux version, but was not 
fully successful.  My plate was already full so I moved on (insert 
sheepish grin here).

Bill S

Owen Brand wrote:
> On Nov 6, 2009, at 9:31 AM, fdos <[email-masked] 
> <mailto:fdosbrs%40frontiernet.net>> wrote:
> 
>  >> Opry99er.com <http://Opry99er.com <http://Opry99er.com>>
>  >>
> <mailto:erik%40olson.pair.com>
>  >> <mailto:[email-masked] <mailto:erik%40olson.pair.com>>> wrote:
>  >>
>  >>>
>  >>>
>  >>> dropping out, too. --- In [email-masked] 
> <mailto:TI994A%40yahoogroups.com>, "Tursi"
>  >>> <yahoogroup@...> wrote:
>  >>>>
>  >>>> http://tursilion.com/tor/ftp.whtech.com 
> <http://tursilion.com/tor/ftp.whtech.com> <http://whtech.com 
> <http://whtech.com>>.torrent
>  >>>>
>  >>>
>  >>
>  >
>  >

---

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 10:10:47 -0500

Thank you very much, but I have it all working now.  :). I actual have  
a dual processor Pentium mac which can run a windows OS on it's  
secondary processor...  I just had to get a windows disc, and with all  
the torrent talk going on yesterday, I "found a disc" I guess I forgot  
I had... **ahem**. Anyway, as of right now I am running VirtualBox,  
but will probably upgrade to "Boot Camp" for my Windows OS very soon.   
I had thought about using MESS, and everything I have ever heard or  
read about it is great... Thanks, Michael!!  But Classic99 is my  
comfort emulator... Like my "blankie" if you will.  It suits my needs  
just fine, and now that I am running Windows on my Mac, Classic99 is  
at my fingertips whenever I want.  Now if we could just figure out a  
way to get the audio working on the video capture.......  :)  Thanks  
for the emulator, Tursi.

Owen Brand
**Oprysoft**
Opry99er.com

---

From: fdos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 08:18:28 -0700

Rhea,

Why did you decide to download source and do the compile instead of the 
executable?

Just curious.

Bill S

---

From: R Halter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 09:50:36 -0600

Owen Brand wrote:
> 
> thought about using MESS, and everything I have ever heard or read about 
> it is great... Thanks, Michael!!  But Classic99 is my comfort 
> emulator... Like my "blankie" if you will.  It suits my needs just fine, 
> and now that I am running Windows on my Mac, Classic99 is at my 
> fingertips whenever I want.  Now if we could just figure out a way to 
> get the audio working on the video capture.......  :)  Thanks for the 
> emulator, Tursi.  

Believe me, I understand.  If I'm not using my IRL console, I use 
Classic99.  I only use MESS when I need CS1 support.

---

From: R Halter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 09:51:58 -0600

> Why did you decide to download source and do the compile instead of the 

I couldn't find an already-compiled version.  Sometimes my Google-fu 
fails me.  :(

---

From: Gregory McGill <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 11:23:03 -0800

http://www.macmess.org/

:)

G

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 7:10 AM, Owen Brand <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
>
> Thank you very much, but I have it all working now.  :). I actual have a
> dual processor Pentium mac which can run a windows OS on it's secondary
> processor...  I just had to get a windows disc, and with all the torrent
> talk going on yesterday, I "found a disc" I guess I forgot I had...
> **ahem**. Anyway, as of right now I am running VirtualBox, but will probably
> upgrade to "Boot Camp" for my Windows OS very soon.  I had thought about
> using MESS, and everything I have ever heard or read about it is great...
> Thanks, Michael!!  But Classic99 is my comfort emulator... Like my "blankie"
> if you will.  It suits my needs just fine, and now that I am running Windows
> on my Mac, Classic99 is at my fingertips whenever I want.  Now if we could
> just figure out a way to get the audio working on the video capture.......
>  :)  Thanks for the emulator, Tursi.
>
>
> Owen Brand
> **Oprysoft**
> Opry99er.com
>