Subject: Re: [TI994A] You mind if I join?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2009 21:11:53 -0600 (CST)

Hi Jon, nice to see ya. =)

What have you been doing with your TI lately?

Nov 1, 2009 09:16:11 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

Hi, Guys.

You've seen my occassional posts to the other group. I don't think they were always all that positively contributive. Do you guys mind if I join this group? Seriously, if there's an objection, I won't. This group should remain more pure than the mess the other group is in. I know that when it comes to someone from Baltimore, I've helped contribute to to that mess.

Sincerely,

Jon Vogel

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

---

From: Jon Vogel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 22:11:43 -0600

Hi Richard,

I haven't been doing much at all with my TI. Last spring I got the  
Omniflop program
  working on my PC and was finally able to move files between my PC  
and my TI.  But then something died in my PEB and my system stopped  
working properly. I haven't had time to tear the PEB down to determine  
what the problem is. So, my system sits forlorn and forgotten in the  
basement until this winter when I have time to tear it down and  
finally figure out what's wrong. I've swapped and pulled all the cards  
and the problem persists, so the only thing left that could be wrong  
is the PEB power supply.  I replaced it last year with a PC power  
supply but something must have died.  I really ought to buy a PEB from  
Tex-n-Treasures that is still stock standard so that I can use it as a  
test-bed for when things like this happen. You can imagine how my  
stomach felt when I thought the HRD had died!

Regards,

Jon

---

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 23:16:39 -0500

Jon, I have a PEB that works great.  It's yours for the price of  
shipping.  I owe ya...  :)

Owen Brand
**Oprysoft**
Opry99er.com

On Nov 1, 2009, at 11:11 PM, Jon Vogel <[email-masked]> wrote:

> working properly. I haven't had time to tear the PEB down to  
> determine what the problem is. So, my system sits forlorn and  
> forgotten in the basement until this winter when I have time to tear  
> it down and finally figure out what's wrong. I've swapped and pulled  
> all the cards and the problem persists, so the only thing left that  
> could be wrong is the PEB power supply.  I replaced it last year  
> with a PC power supply but something must have died.  I really ought  
> to buy a PEB from Tex-n-Treasures that is still stock standard so  
> that I can use it as a test-bed for when things like this happen.  
> You can imagine how my stomach felt when I thought the HRD had died!
>
> Regards,
>
> Jon
>

---

From: mark wills <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 20:25:55 -0800 (PST)

Greets to all.

I like the fact that we can send attachments on this list. Nice one moderator!

I own two real TIs, an American one (actually from the late and much missed Harold Mayo, so it's precious) and a spotless UK console. No PEB though, so they have never been powered up.

I use Classic99 as my TI ;-)

For those that are interested, I am developing a Forth system in a cartridge for the TI. It's nearly done. Just disk access and a delete/backspace key detect to add!

It's really quick.

Since we have ability to add attachments, maybe I'll attach a video of it in action. It might be a big file though. Or maybe I will upload the file to the files area.

Mark

---

From: "Postle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 04:27:22 -0000

Jon,

I joined on this day.  I am an Alzheimer afflicted person.  Will I be banned?

Postle 

--- In [email-masked], Owen Brand <owenbrand@...> wrote:
> On Nov 1, 2009, at 11:11 PM, Jon Vogel <jonpvogel@...> wrote:
> 
> > Hi Richard,
> >
> > On Nov 1, 2009, at 9:11 PM, swim4home@... wrote:
> >
> >>

---

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 23:34:14 -0500

Do you have a vid of it on your YouTube channel yet?

Owen Brand
**Oprysoft**
Opry99er.com

On Nov 1, 2009, at 11:25 PM, mark wills <[email-masked]>  
wrote:

> I own two real TIs, an American one (actually from the late and much  
> missed Harold Mayo, so it's precious) and a spotless UK console. No  
> PEB though, so they have never been powered up.
>
> For those that are interested, I am developing a Forth system in a  
> cartridge for the TI. It's nearly done. Just disk access and a  
> delete/backspace key detect to add!
>
> It's really quick.
>
> Since we have ability to add attachments, maybe I'll attach a video  
> of it in action. It might be a big file though. Or maybe I will  
> upload the file to the files area.
>
> Mark
>

---

From: "ti99_forever" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 05:31:04 -0000

Postle,

You were already banned, perhaps you just already forgot. ;)

--- In [email-masked], "Postle" <postle@...> wrote:
> --- In [email-masked], Owen Brand <owenbrand@> wrote:
> >
> > On Nov 1, 2009, at 11:11 PM, Jon Vogel <jonpvogel@> wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi Richard,
> > >
> > > On Nov 1, 2009, at 9:11 PM, swim4home@ wrote:
> > >
> > >>

---

From: "James Matthew Postle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 22:21:38 -0800

Thank You I need that.  It has been awhile since I had a good laugh.

Postle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jon Vogel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 07:44:54 -0600

Owen,

Unless you have three PEBs, you really need to keep your spare so that  
you don't end up in the same boat I'm in. But, thanks again for your  
offer.

I have a second PEB,  but it's power supply is blown also and it's as  
much trouble to get that one running as it is to get my primary one  
fixed.  Just need some time to work on it. :-)

Regards,

Jon

On Nov 1, 2009, at 10:16 PM, Owen Brand <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> forgotten in the basement until this winter when I have time to  
>> tear it down and finally figure out what's wrong. I've swapped and  
>> pulled all the cards and the problem persists, so the only thing  
>> left that could be wrong is the PEB power supply.  I replaced it  
>> last year with a PC power supply but something must have died.  I  
>> really ought to buy a PEB from Tex-n-Treasures that is still stock  
>> standard so that I can use it as a test-bed for when things like  
>> this happen. You can imagine how my stomach felt when I thought the  
>> HRD had died!
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Jon
>>

---

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 08:55:02 -0500

Well, I'll look and see what I've got...  I still have a couple boxes  
in storage full of extra pieces of TI gear... If I am not mistaken,  
there is a push button PEB in there...  Might even be populated.  :).  
I'll look for ya.

Owen Brand
**Oprysoft**
Opry99er.com

On Nov 2, 2009, at 8:44 AM, Jon Vogel <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Owen,
>
> Unless you have three PEBs, you really need to keep your spare so  
> that you don't end up in the same boat I'm in. But, thanks again for  
> your offer.
>
> I have a second PEB,  but it's power supply is blown also and it's  
> as much trouble to get that one running as it is to get my primary  
> one fixed.  Just need some time to work on it. :-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Jon
>
>>> and my TI.  But then something died in my PEB and my system  
>>> stopped working properly. I haven't had time to tear the PEB down  
>>> to determine what the problem is. So, my system sits forlorn and  
>>> this happen. You can imagine how my stomach felt when I thought  
>>> the HRD had died!
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Jon
>>>