Subject: Re: [TI994A] I: Happy Thanksgiving / TI Workshop EPROM released

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 11:22:14 EST

Owen,
 
The easiest thing to do is what I have done. Install a ZIF socket in the  
EPROM socket on the board and cut out a corresponding portion of the 
cartridge  top. You can then swap EPROMs quickly and easily. I have done that since 
I  mainly use mine for testing and development of EPROMs but it works fine 
as a  regular cartridge as well.
 
Bob  Carmany

In a message dated 11/26/2009 11:16:55 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Hey  Bill,
You have any extra 16k boards you would be  interested in  
selling?  I have a couple EPROMs I need boards  for... And from what I  
understand--Jon can't keep them on the  shelf.  :). On this day, I am  
also thankful for the great work  Jon and Tursi put in to get those  
boards made for the  community.  :). My 64k cart has Never-Lander  
installed in it  now... I am currently thinking about disassembling one  
of my Home  Budget Management carts to house the board... It's one of  
the later  ones that doesn't have a screw or a spring-loaded gate  
covering the  actual connector edge.  :)

Owen  Brand
**Oprysoft**
Opry99er.com

---

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 11:37:14 -0500

Thanks Bob... Yea, I need to get these other EPROMs on boards so I can  
think about getting more EPROMs... As of right now, I've got 3 great  
game EPROMs that are sitting idly by... Definitely need to get them  
operational... Are there pix of what you're talking about online?   
Mainbyte maybe?  Is Ron lurking around still?

Owen Brand
**Oprysoft**
Opry99er.com

On Nov 26, 2009, at 11:22 AM, [email-masked] wrote:

> Owen,
>
> The easiest thing to do is what I have done. Install a ZIF socket in  
> the EPROM socket on the board and cut out a corresponding portion of  
> the cartridge top. You can then swap EPROMs quickly and easily. I  
> have done that since I mainly use mine for testing and development  
> of EPROMs but it works fine as a regular cartridge as well.
>
> Bob Carmany
> In a message dated 11/26/2009 11:16:55 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, [email-masked] 
>  writes:
> Hey Bill,

---

From: fdos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 09:49:40 -0700

Bob,

What a great idea!  How about slide in labels for the front, so I won't 
have to pull out the cartridge to determine what's plugged into my TI?

Bill S

[email-masked] wrote:
> cartridge top. You can then swap EPROMs quickly and easily. I have done 
> that since I mainly use mine for testing and development of EPROMs but 
> it works fine as a regular cartridge as well.
>  
> *Bob Carmany
> *