Subject: Technical Manuals

From: R Halter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 10:01:40 -0600

I have a couple of technical documents (photocopies), if anyone on the 
list is interested.  The first is for the 99/4 (no "A"), titled "Texas 
Instruments Home Computer New Technician Guide."  It's very thick, and 
looks like it contains pinout information and circuit diagrams.  The 
other is titled "TI-99/4A Console and Peripheral Expansion System 
Technical Data," and contains circuit and what looks like wiring diagrams.

It's all beyond me, so I've been thinking of putting them up on eBay. 
However, I'd rather they go to someone who can/will use them  for the 
benefit of the community, rather than to some collector who will just 
put them on display or in storage.  I'm offering them up for just the 
shipping cost (by Media Mail, it should only be a couple of dollars). 
I'll put scans of the cover sheets in the "Photos" section.  If anyone 
wants them, let me know.

-- 
"Which key is the 'Any' key?"

---

From: "epergrem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 16:21:25 -0000

If you don't have any objections to teh 'New Technican Guide' being taken apart then I would be glad to take it, disassemble it, scan it and post it for the rest of the community.

Ernie

---

From: R Halter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 10:26:44 -0600

> If you don't have any objections to teh 'New Technican Guide' being taken apart then I would be glad to take it, disassemble it, scan it and post it for the rest of the community.

They're both already disassembled, as they're photocopies. 
Unfortunately, if you scan the pages, they'll require some tweaking. 
That manual isn't a very good copy.  But if you want it, just let me 
know where to send it.

---

From: "epergrem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 18:25:01 -0000

I'm not sure what's meant by tweaking.  

I had planned on a 200-300 dpi grayscale scan so the schematics are readable.  If you don't think that it will render decent results, then it might be better to pass it on to someone else.  

In any event, I'll send you my email address and let you make the decision.

Thanks,
Ernie

---

From: Brian Tristam Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 20:32:54 +0200

I'm there if you need. I have a decent scanner and I like preserving this
stuff.

2009/11/6 epergrem <[email-masked]>

> I had planned on a 200-300 dpi grayscale scan so the schematics are
> readable. If you don't think that it will render decent results, then it
> might be better to pass it on to someone else.
>
> --- In [email-masked] <TI994A%40yahoogroups.com>, R Halter
> <rheahalter@...> wrote:
> >
> > epergrem wrote:
> > > If you don't have any objections to teh 'New Technican Guide' being
> taken apart then I would be glad to take it, disassemble it, scan it and
> post it for the rest of the community.
> >

-- 
Brian Tristam Williams

"One man can make a difference."