Subject: Tommy Gun IDE-- we are close

From: "opry99er" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 14:23:28 -0000

Listen, faithful TIers.  Some of you may not have been involved in the early conversations with this guy Tony from Tommy Gun... He is considering adding support for the TI99/4a in his newest version of his brilliant (I)ntegrated (D)evelopment (E)nvoronment called "Tommy Gun."  This is a big deal, and would give  all of us programmers and game developers an AWESOME tool... Might even get a few of us off our collective a**es and get back to some "vapour-ware" (as our brother in Tashkent calls it)  that we've all got lurking... Waiting to be finished.  Please, write this guy an email and thank him for working on a /4a IDE... It would help the process along greatly if he could hear from as many of you ad possible.  He and I have actually developed somewhat of a friendship via email, and all this guy wants is to know our community is behind him and this project.  His email is listed below.  Thank you!

[email-masked]

Owen Brand

---

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 09:30:40 -0500

http://www.users.on.net/~tonyt73/TommyGun/

This is where you can see what "IT" is...

Owen Brand
**Oprysoft**
Opry99er.com

On Nov 2, 2009, at 9:23 AM, "opry99er" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Listen, faithful TIers. Some of you may not have been involved in  
> the early conversations with this guy Tony from Tommy Gun... He is  
> considering adding support for the TI99/4a in his newest version of  
> his brilliant (I)ntegrated (D)evelopment (E)nvoronment called "Tommy  
> Gun." This is a big deal, and would give all of us programmers and  
> game developers an AWESOME tool... Might even get a few of us off  
> our collective a**es and get back to some "vapour-ware" (as our  
> brother in Tashkent calls it) that we've all got lurking... Waiting  
> to be finished. Please, write this guy an email and thank him for  
> working on a /4a IDE... It would help the process along greatly if  
> he could hear from as many of you ad possible. He and I have  
> actually developed somewhat of a friendship via email, and all this  
> guy wants is to know our community is behind him and this project.  
> His email is listed below. Thank you!
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Owen Brand
>
>

---

From: "opry99er" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 14:42:05 -0000

Apparently yahoo groups won't allow email addresses to be posted...  So it's 
Tommygun.ide "at" gmail.com

--- In [email-masked], "opry99er" <owenbrand@...> wrote:
> Tommygun.ide@...

---

From: "opry99er" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 14:44:53 -0000

---

From: "opry99er" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 14:45:34 -0000

---

From: "killroy732000" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 19:18:30 -0000

Yes, please do contact Tony and request for TI-99 support.

He's a nice guy and the tool really has the potential to make
homebrew development for the TI-99/4A a lot more powerful :-)

I tried to get some support from the CV front, but unfortunatly 
that didn't work out too well.

Anyway, I think our TI group can do better ;-)

Cheers
Filip

p.s. Hello to the new list group.

---

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 15:06:51 -0500

Check out the link I posted earlier.  If the pictures and descriptions  
on there don't get you game developers excited, I don't know what  
will.  If just ten of us write him, that will  be a statement from our  
community that we are alive and well!!!

Owen Brand
**Oprysoft**
Opry99er.com

---

From: "kabldb" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 23:24:27 -0000

Yep, that TommyGuy did get on the wrong foot with Pixelboy there ...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/152621-tommygun-retro-development-toolkit

TommyGun is very nice. I had a bit of fun drawing in the MSX screen (works like our own bitmap (of course, silly me)) although the palette is ZX Spectrum.

The image editor is very basic, but it should beat the pen and paper.

--- In [email-masked], "killroy732000" <filip.van-vooren@...> wrote:
> --- In [email-masked], "opry99er" <owenbrand@> wrote:
> >
> > Tommygun.ide@

---

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 18:52:20 -0500

I DLed the program and messed around with the tools and functions  
enough to know that it is at least worth the effort to email this  
guy.  I am excited at the prospect of a VDP support mechanism for the / 
4a, and the IDE tools contained within Tommygun are quite intriguing.   
I am hoping he will develop his software further to include the /4a...  
Of course I would also be VERY interested in seeing a TRUE TI-99 IDE  
which would be a combination of an emulator, graphics design  
interface, compiler, and assembler...  I have no doubt that this sort  
of project would be immensely tough to create... Which is why I  
support Tony in his efforts.  But if there WERE an environment built  
to incorporate all these things, it would be cool to see the emulated  
program running in one screen box while the toolbar showed each line  
of, say, an XB code listing and highlighted each line as it executed.   
Sort of a separate TRACE function running separate from, but  
simultaneously with, the given program.  However you are right, my  
friend... There doesn't seem to be a proper XB compiler available to  
make such a creation complete.  I imagine that it could be done...  
Just not by me, certainly, in my VERY limited knowledge.

Owen Brand
**Oprysoft**
Opry99er.com

On Nov 2, 2009, at 6:24 PM, "kabldb" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> TommyGun is very nice. I had a bit of fun drawing in the MSX screen  
> (works like our own bitmap (of course, silly me)) although the  
> palette is ZX Spectrum.
>
> > > Listen, faithful TIers. Some of you may not have been involved  
> in the early conversations with this guy Tony from Tommy Gun... He  
> is considering adding support for the TI99/4a in his newest version  
> of his brilliant (I)ntegrated (D)evelopment (E)nvoronment called  
> "Tommy Gun." This is a big deal, and would give all of us  
> programmers and game developers an AWESOME tool... Might even get a  
> few of us off our collective a**es and get back to some "vapour- 
> ware" (as our brother in Tashkent calls it) that we've all got  
> lurking... Waiting to be finished. Please, write this guy an email  
> and thank him for working on a /4a IDE... It would help the process  
> along greatly if he could hear from as many of you ad possible. He  
> and I have actually developed somewhat of a friendship via email,  
> and all this guy wants is to know our community is behind him and  
> this project. His email is listed below. Thank you!
> > >
> > > Tommygun.ide@
> > >
> > > Owen Brand
> > >
> >
>
>