Subject: The birth of a lion

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 12:29:39 -0500

A long time ago in a jungle far far away, a lion cub was born... From  
birth, the lion showed little interest in killing or hunting, but  
showed a brilliant  propensity for computer programming.  The lion  
quickly became recognized by the others as different--- and was  
recognized as unique and brilliant in his own right... Even without  
opposable thumbs, the lion made use of his mental capacities, learning  
many programming languages and teaching computers to talk to one  
another... The lion became the king of the TI-99 jungle and brought  
much magic and happiness to the jungle and was loved and respected by  
all.  The lion was born on the 30th of November... And the world is a  
better place for it.

Owen Brand
**Oprysoft**
Opry99er.com

---

From: "tursi1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 00:31:00 -0000

> much magic and happiness to the jungle and was loved and respected 

Silly bugger, but thank you very much. I'm a long way from King but I'm pleased that people like (some of) what I do. :)

It's the 29th here in Australia, as I'm about to board my flight back to L.A. I estimate I get about 40 hrs of birthday this year. ;)

Since this kiosk limits my ability to do things (expensive, crappy browser, etc), for the fellow looking at the PS/2 interface: you might consider whether you can use the general purpose output pins for your speed control, if you wanted to do a simple latching circuit. It has four output pins (triggered by Alt F9 though F12) that you might be able to use, I always thought overclock circuits were ideal for that. ;)

---

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 19:37:01 -0500

Have a safe trip home, eat some cake,  do..... Well, whatever a lion  
does... And then send me your mailing address.  :). Happy Birthday,  
man.  You are truly an asset to our community and a "keeper of the  
flame."

Owen Brand
**Oprysoft**
Opry99er.com

On Nov 28, 2009, at 7:31 PM, "tursi1" <[email-masked]>  
wrote:

> Silly bugger, but thank you very much. I'm a long way from King but  
> I'm pleased that people like (some of) what I do. :)
>
> It's the 29th here in Australia, as I'm about to board my flight  
> back to L.A. I estimate I get about 40 hrs of birthday this year. ;)
>
> Since this kiosk limits my ability to do things (expensive, crappy  
> browser, etc), for the fellow looking at the PS/2 interface: you  
> might consider whether you can use the general purpose output pins  
> for your speed control, if you wanted to do a simple latching  
> circuit. It has four output pins (triggered by Alt F9 though F12)  
> that you might be able to use, I always thought overclock circuits  
> were ideal for that. ;)
>
>