Subject: Female TI'ers

From: "epergrem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 02:35:07 -0000

The thought occured to me today that the names often mentioned in regards to the TI are mostly, if not all male.

I thought that it would be informative to assemble a list of female contributors. Specifically those that were members of the community and served as Presidents of a user group, or wrote software.  

The ones that come to mind are:
Cheryl Whitelaw (Regena) - Software author (did she ever actually belong to a UG?)
Mickey Cendrowski - President of West Penn, Software author
Terrie Masters - President of LA99ers
BJ Mathis - President of Southwest 99ers (?)

There are also a few that, while not Presidents or software authors created some publications.
Jan Knapp - "TI-Writer Student Organizer" (not sure what group if any)
Joyce Corker - TI-Writer Tips & Tricks (BCS?)
Audrey Bucher - Multiplan tutorials 
Laura Burns - MICROpendium (what UG did she belong to, if any?)

and then I ran out of names..  

I know there were several females who wrote books, but most likely never belonged to a UG and only did it under contact, or to sell a book.

So, any additions that you can think of?

Ernie

---

From: "Tursi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 21:45:50 -0500

> I thought that it would be informative to assemble a list of female 
> contributors. Specifically those that were members of the community 
> and served as Presidents of a user group, or wrote software.
>

Lucie Dorais - president of the Ottawa TI User's Group for the last 
couple of years it was around, and wrote a Fast Extended BASIC column 
every month for most of it's duration, as far as I know!

---

From: fdos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 20:01:06 -0700

Allison J. Parent, AL systems programmer & TI hardware guru.  She was 
one of us when we were "@theriver.com".  Her technical expertise was 
awesome.  She was obviously a TI employee at some time or another.

Bill S

epergrem wrote:
>  
> 
> The thought occured to me today that the names often mentioned in 
> regards to the TI are mostly, if not all male.
> 
> contributors. Specifically those that were members of the community and 
> served as Presidents of a user group, or wrote software.
> 
> I know there were several females who wrote books, but most likely never 
> belonged to a UG and only did it under contact, or to sell a book.
>

---

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 22:34:02 -0500

Might be a bit off, but my mother, Tina Brand was customer service  
manager at Tronics.  My dad also was warehouse manager.  But my mom  
Tina Louise Burton was helping run the Ft Worth TX distribution  
warehouse. She also was a programmer in her own right and took her TI  
knowledge into the Mac world in the early nineties and wrote one of  
the first e-journal software applications for the Mac computer under  
the name of "Soft Dock".  She isn't as recognized as some of the  
others, but (for obvious reasons) she had a big impact on me

Owen Brand
**Oprysoft**
Opry99er.com

On Nov 9, 2009, at 10:01 PM, fdos <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> and
>> Cheryl Whitelaw (Regena) - Software author (did she ever actually  
>> belong
>> to a UG?)
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

---

From: "epergrem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 04:14:41 -0000

Hi Owen,
What did she write for the TI-99/4A. Anything that we would have access to?

Ernie

---

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 23:35:16 -0500

Just some accounting and gas receipt software.  I've got it on a  
tape... Haven't tried any of it out recently though... I don't even  
know if the tape is still good.  I actually totally forgot about it  
til just now.  It's in a suitcase of old cassettes.  If I'm lucky, I  
will find some Barry Manilow or some Lionel Richie.  It's all in there  
man.  Old cassette suitcase.  :)

Owen Brand
**Oprysoft**
Opry99er.com