Subject: Avalon Hill 'Galaxy' game?

From: Keith Bergman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 17:38:42 -0500

I just picked up copies of "B-1 Nuclear Bomber" and "Galaxy" for the TI,
both games made by the Avalon Hill company.  I'd heard of B-1 Nuclear
Bomber, which I believe is a text-only bomber simulation.  But Galaxy's a
new one on me.  It comes in a big colorful box, similar to a D&D game in
looks, and there's a score pad inside, among other things.  It says it's for
"1-20 players" and is described as a game of galactic conquest.  The
instructions ominously list that "the TI 99/4A version plays differently
than the others, see special TI section," which leads me to believe our
version is probably crappier.  There are versions for at least three other
computers on the same cassette.

I literally just opened the box, so I'll post more when I've had a chance to
load and play the games.  I plan to take photos of all the boxes and manuals
and write up a full review of each game for my site.  Just wondered if
anyone else had Galaxy, or had ever seen it before.  BillG?

Keith

---

From: "computerclassics2000" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 01:36:38 -0000

Hi Keith,
Thanks for thinking of me on this question. I would like to read your spin on Galaxy and see your photos et cetera. Your enthusiasm at finding something 'new' is infectious. I hope that you run with it. Thanks for sharing.

BillG

---

From: Keith Bergman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 20:39:17 -0500

Bill, did you see the review of Not Polyoptics' "Khe Sanh" I put up on my
website?  It's one of the only things up there right now, but I plan to
write up a bunch of other "forgotten" TI software in the same way.

http://orphantech.squarespace.com

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 8:36 PM, computerclassics2000 <
[email-masked]> wrote:

>
>
> Hi Keith,
> Thanks for thinking of me on this question. I would like to read your spin
> on Galaxy and see your photos et cetera. Your enthusiasm at finding
> something 'new' is infectious. I hope that you run with it. Thanks for
> sharing.
>
> BillG
>
>
> --- In [email-masked] <TI994A%40yahoogroups.com>, Keith Bergman
> <exiletoledo@...> wrote:
> >

---

From: "computerclassics2000" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 02:51:13 -0000

Keith,
Wow! You write a GREAT review! I could almost visualize the screens as I read. Very nice. I have bookmarked your website and look forward to more such gems. Cool stuff!

BillG

--- In [email-masked], Keith Bergman <exiletoledo@...> wrote:
> computerclassics@...> wrote:
> 
> >
> >
> > Hi Keith,
> > <exiletoledo@> wrote:

---

From: "Ksarul" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 22:23:24 -0500

I've had Galaxy since it first came out.  I haven't opened it in over 20
years though. . .

Jim  

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Keith Bergman
Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2009 5:39 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TI994A] Avalon Hill 'Galaxy' game?

Keith