Subject: OT: had it

From: Keith Bergman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 01:39:09 -0500

I just accidentally saved myself a little grief over on the "other" list.  I
had it with what looks to be yet another s**t-stirring tempest, and I fired
off an angry email asking if we could all stop acting like little kids in a
Hannah Montana chatroom for five minutes, and talk about our TI 99/4A's
without e-Tourette's and passive-aggressive crap.  I then went onto Yahoo!
and removed myself from the group.

And, apparently, the removal took hold before the message was delivered.

Probably not the worst thing that ever happened -- it's not like me bitching
about the state of affairs over there is gonna make the worst offenders stop
ruining the place.

Anyway, wanted to rant a little, and if you DO have any reason to contact
me, you can still find me here, on the AtariAge forums, on Owen's site, or
my own site.

If I wanted drama-filled, TI-free discussions, I'd talk to my in-laws more.
:)

Keith
http://orphantech.squarespace.com

---

From: mark wills <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 23:06:27 -0800 (PST)

It will calm down soon. The problems are related to the induction of Tom Wills into the Hall Of Fame, and the disquiet arised on the HOF mailing list and has spilled over a little.

I'm sure it will settle down soon. Let's all just chill and take a deep breath. Problems arise in any 'family' from time to time ;-)

>
>From: Keith Bergman <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Sent: Mon, 23 November, 2009 7:39:09
>Subject: [TI994A] OT: had it
>
> >
>
>
>
>
>  >
>>      
> 
>I just accidentally saved myself a little grief over on the "other" list.  I had it with what looks to be yet another s**t-stirring tempest, and I fired off an angry email asking if we could all stop acting like little kids in a Hannah Montana chatroom for five minutes, and talk about our TI 99/4A's without e-Tourette's and passive-aggressive crap.  I then went onto Yahoo! and removed myself from the group.
> 
>Probably not the worst thing that ever happened -- it's not like me bitching about the state of affairs over there is gonna make the worst offenders stop ruining the place.
> 
>Anyway, wanted to rant a little, and if you DO have any reason to contact me, you can still find me here, on the AtariAge forums, on Owen's site, or my own site.
> 
>If I wanted drama-filled, TI-free discussions, I'd talk to my in-laws more.  :)
> 
> 
>Keith
>http://orphantech. squarespace. com
> 
>

---

From: ti99_forever <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 23:09:53 -0800 (PST)

Did I miss some emails? Do I need to go look at the website?
I do see some passive-aggressive stuff being stirred in the first "Random Thoughts" posting, some things can also be taken out of context there as well.

--- On Mon, 11/23/09, Keith Bergman <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: Keith Bergman <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TI994A] OT: had it
To: [email-masked]
Date: Monday, November 23, 2009, 1:39 AM

 

 

Keith

---

From: ti99_forever <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 23:11:43 -0800 (PST)

Yep, nasty politics as I said over there... Best to ignore such threads or try to add a followup like I did that removes the passive-aggressive stuff. I really don't know *what* their problems are and really *don't care* about it.

--- On Mon, 11/23/09, mark wills <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: mark wills <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [TI994A] OT: had it
To: [email-masked]
Date: Monday, November 23, 2009, 2:06 AM

From: Keith Bergman
 <[email-masked]>

    

 

Keith

---

From: Keith Bergman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 02:42:28 -0500

Bleh.  I should have ignored it, just hit a temporary overload on having to
wade through crap over there.  I really, really dislike the type of person
who seems to live to stir the pot -- got some in my family and they've done
a lot of damage over the years.  And when you consider how tiny our little
TI universe is, fighting over any of it seems especially ridiculous in the
grand scheme of things.  We'd have to open a recruiting center to get as big
as the ZX81, fer crying out loud.  :)

Okay, I'm done with the subject.  Thanks for listening and clarifying.  I've
got all kinds of time set aside for game work this week, so I hope to have
some actual, productive programming news to report soon!

Keith

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 2:11 AM, ti99_forever <[email-masked]>wrote:

>
>
>   Yep, nasty politics as I said over there... Best to ignore such threads
> or try to add a followup like I did that removes the passive-aggressive
> stuff. I really don't know *what* their problems are and really *don't care*
> about it.
>
> --- On *Mon, 11/23/09, mark wills <[email-masked]>* wrote:
>
>
>  It will calm down soon. The problems are related to the induction of Tom
> Wills into the Hall Of Fame, and the disquiet arised on the HOF mailing list
> and has spilled over a little.
>
> I'm sure it will settle down soon. Let's all just chill and take a deep
> breath. Problems arise in any 'family' from time to time ;-)
>
>
>
> *From:* Keith Bergman <[email-masked]>
> *To:* [email-masked]
> *Sent:* Mon, 23 November, 2009 7:39:09
> *Subject:* [TI994A] OT: had it
>
>
>
> I just accidentally saved myself a little grief over on the "other" list.
> I had it with what looks to be yet another s**t-stirring tempest, and I
> fired off an angry email asking if we could all stop acting like little kids
> in a Hannah Montana chatroom for five minutes, and talk about our TI 99/4A's
> Probably not the worst thing that ever happened -- it's not like me
> bitching about the state of affairs over there is gonna make the worst
> offenders stop ruining the place.
>
> http://orphantech. squarespace. com <http://orphantech.squarespace.com/>
>
>
>
>
>
> 
>

---

From: ti99_forever <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 23:48:56 -0800 (PST)

> I really, really dislike the type of person who seems to live to stir
the pot -- got some in my family and they've done a lot of damage over
the years. 

Me too, Keith. In my family it was my mother, and she eventually tore the family apart...

I think the *productive* part is what this group (and swpb) is for. The old Olug is like the ocean, with tides coming and going, undercurrents trying to suck you under, pulling you in all different directions, adrift, with no real clear purpose. It is nice to go for a swim once in a while, but you can't stay in there forever.

From: Keith Bergman <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [TI994A] OT: had it
To: [email-masked]
Date: Monday, November 23, 2009, 2:42 AM

 

Bleh.  I should have ignored it, just hit a temporary overload on having to wade through crap over there.  I really, really dislike the type of person who seems to live to stir the pot -- got some in my family and they've done a lot of damage over the years.  And when you consider how tiny our little TI universe is, fighting over any of it seems especially ridiculous in the grand scheme of things.  We'd have to open a recruiting center to get as big as the ZX81, fer crying out loud.  :)

Okay, I'm done with the subject.  Thanks for listening and clarifying.  I've got all kinds of time set aside for game work this week, so I hope to have some actual, productive programming news to report soon!

Keith

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 2:11 AM, ti99_forever <[email-masked]> wrote:

 

Keith

---

From: "Tursi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 03:41:08 -0500

> Now how cool is that!!!  I just tested and yes, it does work with both EOL
> formats!  Do you have this stuff documented somewhere other than your
> brain or the source code? :-)  That just made my code, compile, test,
> debug process a lot easier and faster!  I don't need Asm99 any more, which
> is good because is does not support the BES directive anyway. ;-)
>

Yes, it should all be in classic99.txt.

> The only thing that bugs me is that I cannot have a file name extension
> like .asm or whatever.  I never really knew the TI's rules for file
> naming, but I'm guessing a period is illegal in a file name?
>

Classic99 allows periods in the filename, so extensions are fine there. Only
certain extensions are legal to read as text file unless you set the options
appropriate, I can't check right now, so read classic99.txt for notes. And
if it's not in there, let me know that, too, cause fixing docs is just as
important as fixing code. :)

Note of course you may have troubling moving such filenames to V9T9 format
or a real TI, but it's easy to rename if you must. A real TI can't read a PC
text file as DV/80 directly anyway.

---

From: "Bryan Roppolo Boulder" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 04:25:02 -0500

Hey all,

            Just joined this "TI-99/4A TSC" group (The Secret Club as it's
known over there) after the "TI-99/4A OLUG" group has been going downhill
for a while. Hopefully this one does not stray from the TI-99/4A topic too
much. I was shocked to see that what looks like over 100 messages in the
last week were all titled "Off Topic". Wow. Luckily I was informed about
this list and am hoping for a return to the better days of the OLUG, mainly
before the Nadav's took over :-). That should be our new slang for
Spamming/off-topic messages, "Nadaving". Look forward to hearing what all
you guys have to say and hopefully others will follow from the OLUG,
especially Bill Gaskill if he's not here already. Happy TI'ing!

Sincerely,

Bryan Roppolo

---

From: ti99_forever <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 01:28:50 -0800 (PST)

Just in time to catch me Nadaving, then, of all people! :(
Anyway, back ON TOPIC...
When can we expect a TI write-up in the RTM? I think someone was writing up Pitfall for the next one? Is that right?

--- On Mon, 11/23/09, Bryan Roppolo Boulder <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: Bryan Roppolo Boulder <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TI994A] Nice Change of Pace
To: [email-masked]
Date: Monday, November 23, 2009, 4:25 AM

 

Hey all, 

            Just
joined this “TI-99/4A TSC” group (The Secret Club as it’s
known over there) after the “TI-99/4A OLUG” group has been going
downhill for a while. Hopefully this one does not stray from the TI-99/4A topic
too much. I was shocked to see that what looks like over 100 messages in the
last week were all titled “Off Topic”. Wow. Luckily I was informed
about this list and am hoping for a return to the better days of the OLUG,
mainly before the Nadav’s took over J. That should be our new
slang for Spamming/off-topic messages, “Nadaving”. Look forward to
hearing what all you guys have to say and hopefully others will follow from the
OLUG, especially Bill Gaskill if he’s not here already. Happy TI’ing! 

Sincerely, 

 Bryan Roppolo

---

From: "Bryan Roppolo Boulder" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 04:31:26 -0500

Yep, Owen Brand is doing that write-up and has finished it. Everything will
be coming out on December 1, so only about a week away. BTW, I am willing to
sell Pitfall! On the TI-99/4A Videogame House site that I run. I can put it
in the Store. I know Atariage is going to sell it and I would love to get in
on the action :-) BTW, I updated the Videogamehouse logo (
<http://www.videogamehouse.net/> www.videogamehouse.net) to make it look
better. Anyway, long live the TI-99/4A TSC! :-) 

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
ti99_forever
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2009 4:29 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TI994A] Nice Change of Pace

Just in time to catch me Nadaving, then, of all people! :(
Anyway, back ON TOPIC...
When can we expect a TI write-up in the RTM? I think someone was writing up
Pitfall for the next one? Is that right?

Hey all,

Sincerely,

Bryan Roppolo

---

From: ti99_forever <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 01:37:37 -0800 (PST)

I must sheepishly admit that I have not found the time to play the game yet... don't know if my disks from the Faire even survived.

From: Bryan Roppolo Boulder <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: [TI994A] Nice Change of Pace
To: [email-masked]
Date: Monday, November 23, 2009, 4:31 AM

 

Yep, Owen Brand is doing that write-up and
has finished it. Everything will be coming out on December 1, so only about a
week away. BTW, I am willing to sell Pitfall! On the TI-99/4A Videogame House
site that I run. I can put it in the Store. I know Atariage is going to sell it
and I would love to get in on the action J BTW, I updated the Videogamehouse logo (www.videogamehouse.net) to make it look better.
Anyway, long live the TI-99/4A TSC! J  

From:
[email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of ti99_forever

Sent: Monday, November 23, 2009
4:29 AM

Subject: Re: [TI994A] Nice Change
of Pace 

 

  
  Just in time to catch me Nadaving, then, of all
  people! :(

  Anyway, back ON TOPIC...

  --- On Mon, 11/23/09,
 Bryan Roppolo Boulder <[email-masked]> wrote: 

  From: Bryan Roppolo Boulder
  <[email-masked]>

  
  
  Hey all, 
             
  Just joined this “TI-99/4A TSC” group (The Secret Club as it’s known over
  there) after the “TI-99/4A OLUG” group has been going downhill for a while.
  Hopefully this one does not stray from the TI-99/4A topic too much. I was
  shocked to see that what looks like over 100 messages in the last week were
  all titled “Off Topic”. Wow. Luckily I was informed about this list and am
  hoping for a return to the better days of the OLUG, mainly before the Nadav’s
  took over J. That should be our new slang for Spamming/off-topic messages,
  “Nadaving”. Look forward to hearing what all you guys have to say and
  hopefully others will follow from the OLUG, especially Bill Gaskill if he’s
  not here already. Happy TI’ing! 
    
  Sincerely, 

 Bryan Roppolo

---

From: "Bryan Roppolo Boulder" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 04:40:05 -0500

Well, now you can read a review of it before you play the game :-). I have
some interesting TI news to post, see my next post.

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
ti99_forever
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2009 4:38 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [TI994A] Nice Change of Pace

I must sheepishly admit that I have not found the time to play the game
yet... don't know if my disks from the Faire even survived.

  _____  

Hey all,

Sincerely,

Bryan Roppolo