Subject: Re: [TI994A] Re: 720K Disks in Windows XP (not strictly off-topic)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 08:14:45 EST

There were indeed two versions of PC-TRANSFER on the disk - Myarc and  
CorComp. The CorComp version works on CorComp, BWG, Atronic and  other similar 
disk controllers. The only caveat is that the controller must be  capable of 
DSDD. The Myarc version works only on the Myarc disk  controller. The 
difference is the number of sectors per track and the way  they are addressed in 
the DSR. The basic Myarc and CorComp DSRs are slightly  different. 
 
There is no difficulty in using PC-TRANSFER with the BWG card which it  
"sees" as a "CorComp card".I have been using it with my BWG card for years. I  
have also never had any problems with PC-TRANSFER reading 720K PC-Formatted  
disks although it doesn't like the very ancient 360K PC-Formatted disks. By 
the  way, also included on the disk are a series of auxiliary files that 
allow  you to transfer a wide variety of files from one machine to another - 
even EXCEL  spreadsheets via the SYLK option.
 
I find it much easier to download a program to a 3.5" disk with TIDIR at my 
 PC and then  transfer the disk via "footmail" to the other room where I  
have my TI set up rather than having to deal with cables strung throughout 
the  house. If your two machines are side-by-side, an RS232 transfer might be 
easier  for you.
 
Bob  Carmany

---

From: mark wills <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 05:21:17 -0800 (PST)

(also includes TMS9900)

Enjoy

---

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 10:06:32 -0500

Well...... What is if?  :). iPhones don't do zipfiles.   :)

Owen Brand
Opry99er.com

On Feb 11, 2010, at 8:21 AM, mark wills <[email-masked]>  
wrote:

> [Attachment(s) from mark wills included below]
> (also includes TMS9900)
>
> Enjoy
>
>