Subject: Assembly screen draws

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 20:17:24 -0500

I noticed that when I tried to compile a couple gamescreen that it did  
not compile properly, so I'm doing this by hand.  I'm wondering....  
Once I have a format for drawing on the screen (to go screen by  
screen) isn't it fair to assume I could use the same template for  
drawing all my screens?  For instance... Let's say I am drawing a cave  
from a top down perspective.... Each screen or "room" would have  
striking similarities to one another, but also some differences (exits  
on 4 sides, exits on 3 sides, blah blah). If I had a simple template  
to go by, would it not be a matter of inputting values?  I am just  
curious because I am not 100% sure how the VMBW function reads and  
translates the values....  This is a bit over my head, but Lottrups  
book is giving me many ideas...  Thanks

Owen Brand
Opry99er.com

---

From: mark wills <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 20:43:19 -0800 (PST)

VMBW just reads a list of data in CPU ram, and transfers it to VDP ram.

For your top down cave, you would probably draw a cave with no exits. Then another part of your code would determine where the exits are, and simply draw them over the top.

HTH

M

>
>From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Sent: Sat, 6 February, 2010 2:17:24
>Subject: [TI994A] Assembly screen draws
>
> >
>
>
>
>
>  >
>>      
> 
>>not compile properly, so I'm doing this by hand.  I'm wondering... . 
>>from a top down perspective. ... Each screen or "room" would have