Subject: Re: [TI994A] An interesting TI-99/8 discovery

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 18:50:28 -0500 (CDT)

Very interesting, Jim.

Apr 5, 2010 04:35:23 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

Almost everyone who follows information on the 99/8 has heard of or seen the
128K memory board that was designed for it. I'd heard rumors of a 256K
board, but I'd never actually seen one. One of the engineers I talked to
mentioned a 2MB board that they'd built as a one-off, something that another
of the engineers later confirmed. Today, I was able to look at another
board of a type I'd never seen before--a TI-99/8 512K memory board. So far
as the owner knows, it may be the only one that survived, as not many were
made. The one he has was made for the Jan 1983 CES for the 99/8
demonstration unit they had there, and was completed only a few days before
the show.

Jim

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TI994A/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TI994A/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/