Subject: Q: Running GROMs from XB

From: Jon Guidry <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 19:58:20 -0600

I seem to recall that a long time ago, that there was a program that Barry wrote that would run a small GPL interpreter that would run GROM-only carts from the 32K memory expansion.

a) Does anyone have a link to this program (with documentation)
b) Does source code exist?

Thanks,
Jon

---

From: "Dan O'Quinn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 21:30:27 -0500

systex?
on the whtec site
9640news/CAT10/SYSTEX.ARK

docs here
compuserve/Basic/SYSTEX.DOC
bin
compuserve/Basic/SYSTEX.BIN

Watch for TYPO's
*********************************

* * SysTex Version 1.0

* * Program Hybridization

* * Utility!

* *

* * (C) 1985 By Barry Boone

*********************************

SysTex is a utility to allow you to save your XB machine language programs / 
utilities as XB program files.

Using Systex:

#1. Load Machine language file to be'saved. The ml should be relocatable.(If 
absolute origin, see Addendum)

2. Load and run SysTex (Error messages discussed below)

3. Save resulting program to disk. And That's IT!

The resulting program lines (0-9) must NOT be modified in any way! Doing so 
will destroy the integrity of the program.

(You may, however, add to the end as much(as you like. (See the Example 
Session atthe end)

Addendums:

1. Absolute origin files

You must find the address of the first byte following the end of the ml 
program and CALL LOAD it into address 8194.

You may then run SysTex.

2. Error messages There are 3 types of errors. If you haven't yet done a 
CALL INIT, SysTex will tell you.

If you have loaded an AORG file, and haven't done #1 above, SysTex will 
complain. If you have not loaded a program

(i.e. the DEF table is empty) SysTex will say bad DEF table. All three 
errors will abort Systex

3. Sample session For this example, have an XBASIC relocatable ml utility 
ready.

CALL INIT :: CALL LOAD("DSKx.filename")

!Loads the program to be saved.

RUN "DSKx.SYSTEX"

SysTex will now ask if you've loaded the assembly to be saved. Type a "Y", 
then hit ENTER.

If there are no errors, SysTex will Now prompt you to type in the following:

CALL LINK("SYSTEX")DSKx.SYSTEX"

At this point, you may LIST to look at the file created.

SAVE DSKx.filename

Save the file to disk.

When you RUN this file in the future it will load the ml, then stop. You may 
add whatever you wish to the generated program,

but you must NOT alter the existing lines (0-9) And That's All

Save the file to disk. When you RUN this file in the future, it will load 
the ml, then stop.

You may, add whatever you wish to the generated Program

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Jon Guidry" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2010 8:58 PM
Subject: [TI994A] Q: Running GROMs from XB

>I seem to recall that a long time ago, that there was a program that Barry 
>wrote that would run a small GPL interpreter that would run GROM-only carts 
>from the 32K memory expansion.
>