Subject: Archiver 4.0+

From: "atrax27407" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 23:42:52 -0000

I find myself facing the somewhat daunting task of archiving my entire library to save to a CD (or several). It strikes me that Barry Boone's Archiver Vn 4.0 would be ideal for this task - with a modification (are you there, Barry?). What would be nice would be to create a sub-directory on a hard drive (or SCSI, etc.) and be able to save and  archive multiple disks to that directory. For example, use DSK1 as the source drive and WDS1.DISKS.xxxx as the destination. Insert the disks in DSK1 and be prompted for a destination filename after entering the archive/compression parameters. It would be analgous to box formatting disks with a prompt to insert the next disk and another for the destination filename (path assumed). Any accomplished programmers out there want to try it?

While we're at it, an option to automatically add a TIFILES header to the file would be nice!

---

From: fdos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 09:09:00 -0700

Back when I was transferring large quantity of TI/Geneve Diskettes to my 
PC I used my Geneve and Barry Boone's ARCHIVER to compress the up to 
720K diskette of files to single files that were then copied to 1.44MB 
diskettes, and extracted to 720K V9T9 .DSK images ideal for TI/Geneve 
MESS emulators using TI99-PC, and easy to backup on my PC to CD or 
what-ever.

Bill S

atrax27407 wrote:
>  
> 
> I find myself facing the somewhat daunting task of archiving my entire 
> library to save to a CD (or several). It strikes me that Barry Boone's 
> Archiver Vn 4.0 would be ideal for this task - with a modification (are 
> you there, Barry?). What would be nice would be to create a 
> sub-directory on a hard drive (or SCSI, etc.) and be able to save and 
> archive multiple disks to that directory. For example, use DSK1 as the 
> source drive and WDS1.DISKS.xxxx as the destination. Insert the disks in 
> DSK1 and be prompted for a destination filename after entering the 
> archive/compression parameters. It would be analgous to box formatting 
> disks with a prompt to insert the next disk and another for the 
> destination filename (path assumed). Any accomplished programmers out 
> there want to try it?
>