Subject: Re: [TI994A] MFM--Reef

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 14:33:22 -0500 (CDT)

Owen, MFM expects a direct connection between computers and will not work for connecting to the reef. There are native TI multiple file transfer programs like mass transfer available. On WHT I'm pretty sure. You could also use the peecee to access the Hidden Reef with a 56k connection but the actual throughput between the modem and the TI is 19200 which is as fast as I can jam files down the TI's throat without it choking. I have had the Hidden Reef setup at 38800 but that speed gets unreliable for file transfers.

May 4, 2010 11:12:27 AM, [email-masked] wrote:

Question-- is it possible/plausible to attempt to access the Reef
using MFM. It is an excellent terminal program and transfers files
beautifully... But I wasn't sure how well it would work via a modem.
Any info would be great. I'm trying to hook a friend up with all he
will need to transfer files, but I was also curious as to whether MFM
would be sufficient for Reef access. Of course TELCO would work
beautifully, but unfortunately I lost my TELCO diskette(s) inside a
very hungry and angry disk drive, so I can't mail a copy to this
fellow. Unless there is a copy available for DL on wht or the like?
It should be transferrable via MFM, yea?

Owen Brand

**webmaster**
http://www.Opry99er.com

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TI994A/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TI994A/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/