Subject: Hello everyone first post

From: "Nathan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 20:42:07 -0000

Hello. I am in my mid-thirties now, but my first computer was the TI 99/4a. I recently bought one on ebay without realizing it did NOT come with any type of monitor.  Is there any easy way to hook it up to my 17 inch flat panel LCD monitor I used on my old desktop? I now am using a laptop so the flat panel is gathering dust.

I used to run a dialup BBS in the 90s.  I thought it might be fun to look at the BBS software out there for the 99/4a. 

I don't know if its possible to get a TI 99/4a on my network. 

Thank you,

Nathan.

---

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 16:55:56 -0400

Nathan
    Yes to your question about the flatscreen--- a tuner box should  
get you up and running.... Of course you can plug it up to your  
regular ol' TV to as well, if you choose.

As for TI-99 BBSss, one is currently operational.  The Hidden Reef.   
Richard Bell maintains it and he is a regular contributor here.  Great  
to have you here, man.  We're a cool community, once you get to know  
us.  :)

Owen Brand

        **webmaster**
http://www.Opry99er.com

On Jun 26, 2010, at 4:42 PM, "Nathan" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hello. I am in my mid-thirties now, but my first computer was the TI  
> 99/4a. I recently bought one on ebay without realizing it did NOT  
> come with any type of monitor. Is there any easy way to hook it up  
> to my 17 inch flat panel LCD monitor I used on my old desktop? I now  
> am using a laptop so the flat panel is gathering dust.
>
> I used to run a dialup BBS in the 90s. I thought it might be fun to  
> look at the BBS software out there for the 99/4a.
>

---

From: "Dan O'Quinn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 11:51:06 -0400

A Composite to VGA adaptor is always one solution.
here's a quick how to make a composite cable
http://web.lowcountry.com/~compdr/videocable/video.htm
http://web.lowcountry.com/~compdr/
good luck

Dan
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Nathan" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2010 4:42 PM
Subject: [TI994A] Hello everyone first post

> 99/4a. I recently bought one on ebay without realizing it did NOT come 
> with any type of monitor.  Is there any easy way to hook it up to my 17 
> inch flat panel LCD monitor I used on my old desktop? I now am using a 
> laptop so the flat panel is gathering dust.
>
> I used to run a dialup BBS in the 90s.  I thought it might be fun to look 
> at the BBS software out there for the 99/4a.
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>