Subject: Infocom on the 99/4A

From: Keith Bergman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 10:07:27 -0400

Anyone have a list of all the Infocom games officially released, by Infocom,
in the packaging, for the TI?  I know Asgard was putting out copies of
later-era games but I'm primarily interested in the original Infocom
releases up until they stopped making them themselves.

So far I have:

Zork I
Zork III
Deadline
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Cutthroats
Starcross
Sorcerer
Enchanter

If anyone has a complete, boxed copy of any of the titles I don't have, and
you're up to sell or trade, let me know.

---

From: "computerclassics2000" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 03:42:37 -0000

Keith,
While I have all of the original Infocom produced adventures on disk, I don't have all of the original Infocom packaging or docs. I also don't have any of the Invisiclues hint books.

Original Infocom Titles for 99/4A:
----------------------------------
-Cutthroats
-Deadline
-Enchanter
-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
-Infidel
-Planetfall
-Sorcerer
-Starcorss
-Suspended
-Witness
-Zork I
-Zork II
-Zork III 

-Invisiclues (hint books) for all of the above, sold separately.

Barry Boone created titles that Asgard marketed:
------------------------------------------------
-Hollywood Hijinx
-Leather Goddess of Phobos (Supercart req'd)
-Plundered Hearts
-Stationfall
-Suspect
-The Lurking Horror (Supercart required)

BillG

---

From: Barry Boone <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 01:30:16 -0400

I also ported Moonmist (Supercart req'd), Ballyhoo, Wishbringer, Spellbreaker, and Seastalker, possibly more but I remember doing those.  Not sure if Asgard was able to market those or not though.

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of computerclassics2000
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2010 10:43 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TI994A] Re: Infocom on the 99/4A

Keith,

BillG

---

From: Keith Bergman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 08:20:50 -0400

Right from the source(s)!  Thank you, gentlemen.

I'm hoping to someday have the time to actually PLAY all the Infocom games.
There needs to be recess for grown-ups.

K

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 1:30 AM, Barry Boone <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
>
>  I also ported Moonmist (Supercart req’d), Ballyhoo, Wishbringer,
> Spellbreaker, and Seastalker, possibly more but I remember doing those.  Not
> sure if Asgard was able to market those or not though.
>
>
>
> *From:* [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] *On Behalf
> Of *computerclassics2000
> *Sent:* Friday, April 16, 2010 10:43 PM
> *To:* [email-masked]
> *Subject:* [TI994A] Re: Infocom on the 99/4A
>
>
>
>
>
> Keith,
> While I have all of the original Infocom produced adventures on disk, I
> don't have all of the original Infocom packaging or docs. I also don't have
> any of the Invisiclues hint books.
>
> --- In [email-masked] <TI994A%40yahoogroups.com>, Keith Bergman
> <exiletoledo@...> wrote:
> >

---

From: "computerclassics2000" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 12:41:18 -0000

Yes. Thank you, Barry Boone for updating the list. I took the list of titles you created from Asgard's 1991-92 Entertainment Catalog page 6. No mention is made of the titles you were able to add to the list. The header on the catalog section notes, "Limited Quantities only!". I also don't find them listed in later catalogs at all, though I may not have all the Asgard catalogs ever produced, especially those after Harry Brashear took over the Asgard business.

Last time I checked, several of the Barry Boone created titles were available from Kyle Crichton at Competition Computer.

BillG

--- In [email-masked], Keith Bergman <exiletoledo@...> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 1:30 AM, Barry Boone <boone@...> wrote:
> 
> >
> >
> >  I also ported Moonmist (Supercart req'd), Ballyhoo, Wishbringer,
> > <exiletoledo@> wrote:

---

From: "Ksarul" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 11:20:12 -0400

Bill, I happen to have been at Chris Bobbitt's house while these titles were
being prepared for sale.  He received a box containing about 300 mixed
titles (all from the group Barry translated) directly from Infocom, with
permission to convert the disks to TI format and sell them.  He received ALL
remaining copies of those titles in the Infocom warehouse at the time of the
purchase, something they noted in their letter/Invoice to him.  The one that
had the fewest copies was Leather Goddesses-there were only three of them in
the box.  Seastalker and Moonmist had something like 10-15 copies each, with
various numbers of the others.  I sat with Chris and labeled a large part of
the lot over that weekend-and purchased one of each of the titles. Infocom
did note that if he needed more, his only option was to attempt to purchase
additional copies already in the retail channel (overstocks, if any still
remained) and relabel them, but that all items sold by Asgard had to be in
original Infocom packaging. 

Jim

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
computerclassics2000
Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2010 8:41 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TI994A] Re: Infocom on the 99/4A

Yes. Thank you, Barry Boone for updating the list. I took the list of titles
you created from Asgard's 1991-92 Entertainment Catalog page 6. No mention
is made of the titles you were able to add to the list. The header on the
catalog section notes, "Limited Quantities only!". I also don't find them
listed in later catalogs at all, though I may not have all the Asgard
catalogs ever produced, especially those after Harry Brashear took over the
Asgard business.

Last time I checked, several of the Barry Boone created titles were
available from Kyle Crichton at Competition Computer.

BillG

--- In TI994A@yahoogroups. <mailto:TI994A%40yahoogroups.com> com, Keith
Bergman <exiletoledo@...> wrote:
> > *From:* TI994A@yahoogroups. <mailto:TI994A%40yahoogroups.com> com
[mailto:TI994A@yahoogroups. <mailto:TI994A%40yahoogroups.com> com] *On
Behalf
> > *To:* TI994A@yahoogroups. <mailto:TI994A%40yahoogroups.com> com
> > --- In TI994A@yahoogroups. <mailto:TI994A%40yahoogroups.com> com
<TI994A%40yahoogroups.com>, Keith Bergman
> > > If anyone has a complete, boxed copy of any of the titles I don't
have,
> > and

---

From: "computerclassics2000" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 20:48:59 -0000

Jim, Very nice piece of history and trivia. Thanks for sharing. This kind of info is always appreciated.

BillG

--- In [email-masked], "Ksarul" <vze23g4a@...> wrote:
> Bergman <exiletoledo@> wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 1:30 AM, Barry Boone <boone@> wrote:
> > 
> > >
> > >

---

From: "Ksarul" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 17:20:02 -0400

I know where all three of those original copies of Leather Goddesses went
too, Bill.  I have one, Chris Bobbitt kept one for his personal collection,
and the third went to Jim Horn from Disk Only Software (they were related,
if I remember correctly, though I don't remember how anymore).

No problem on the data either-too much valuable information has been lost
over the years because it wasn't shared initially.  I'm actually glad to see
long-lost folk like Gary Bowser back on the message boards, because they
bring a lot of otherwise unavailable information with them.  Some folk might
have issues with him (and I'm pretty sure there are people out there with
issues against me too, for that matter), but I greatly respect him for being
here, as I do every member of the online TI forums.   

Jim  

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
computerclassics2000
Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2010 4:49 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TI994A] Re: Infocom on the 99/4A

Jim, Very nice piece of history and trivia. Thanks for sharing. This kind of
info is always appreciated.

BillG

--- In TI994A@yahoogroups. <mailto:TI994A%40yahoogroups.com> com, "Ksarul"
<vze23g4a@...> wrote:
> From: TI994A@yahoogroups. <mailto:TI994A%40yahoogroups.com> com
[mailto:TI994A@yahoogroups. <mailto:TI994A%40yahoogroups.com> com] On Behalf
Of
> To: TI994A@yahoogroups. <mailto:TI994A%40yahoogroups.com> com
> > > Spellbreaker, and Seastalker, possibly more but I remember doing
those.
> Not