Subject: Help for cf7 card...

From: Mezzaluna3000 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 19:38:33 +0200

Hello at all.. ask help on cf7 card.. i buyed cf7 card slim format.. i 
coming a use it and after 5-6 time that i use, it begin a show strange 
situation.. No ever, but in random mode when i start no show ti99 video 
but black video with buzzer.
Or start normally, i  try a read a cf and go in crash.
Or i insert a minimemory, or extbasic, or superspace and go in crash.
At times it works normal.. all ok after restart a give problem.. seem 
that there is a intermittent contact that no work well it.. or one IC  
is broken..  I check it  mo no look  sign of burn  or seem.. 
I try a change type of cf.. first read well it, after random no show..
I try a use it with speech and with no speech.. different? Ever go in 
crash but in different mode.. only cartdrige that at 80% read well is 
e/a and kaal Compact flash manager..
Can say me where i check or if exist a program for a diagnostic?
Thanks for all help that can give me
Regards Ermanno

---

From: "Stuart" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 19:47:39 -0000

It might be worth taking the console apart and giving the cartridge port and side port connectors a good clean? See <http://www.mainbyte.com/ti99/minimem/cart_fix.html> and scroll down to the section "Part 3".

Stuart.