Subject: Re: OT: War Room

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 17:00:22 -0400

Thanks for the info Tursi.  This is a picture of the piece I currently  
have.  It is very nice and works flawlessly, however it is short by 3  
inputs.  Picked this up at a yard sale for 50 cents.  My Nintendo  
(NES) unit requires a coax, but with an RF modulator, works with RCA.   
If I am staying away from RF, are there replacement cables for the  
systems without RCA?  I don't know a whole lot about AV as it pertains  
to game systems.  :). Thanks

Owen Brand

        **webmaster**
http://www.Opry99er.com

---

From: tursi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 14:57:13 -0700 (PDT)

> to game systems.  :). Thanks

Most of the modifications need a bit of solder work... search for "video 
mod" and the name of the console.

Most NES consoles used to have A/V ports on the side.

---

From: Marc Hull <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 15:21:00 -0700 (PDT)

Owen.....

Radio shack has a 4 into one stereo AV switch  that I use for XBOX, NES, N64 while the 2600 and Coleco are wired into the back via a coax to UHF converter with a home brew A/B switch.  The biggest problem I run into is keeping all the cables halfway straight (Power and controllers.)  Tursi's right about the NES having composite on the side.  Just get an RCA cable (1 audio and 1 video) and your off to the races. 

Speaking of war rooms....  I just recently got my hands on a Burger Time Cabinet in excellent shape.  Owner claimed it was fried but it had all the components/parts.  Turns out the power supply couldn't generate the 5V anymore so with a little surgery I ended up with a very good condition and working cabinet..... 50 bucks plus about 12 hour time.....

The battle is on ;-)

--- On Mon, 5/17/10, tursi <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: tursi <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [TI994A] Re: OT: War Room
To: [email-masked]
Date: Monday, May 17, 2010, 4:57 PM