Subject: How do you animate a sprite?

From: "roundfilesilver" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 03:48:15 -0000

Trying this question at both groups-- what type of lines of code would you write to have a sprite change its looks coordinated with the joystick? Like  a "Bojangles" man who will turn or run left, right, up, down with the joystick? 4 CALL PATTERNS?

James

---

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 00:20:07 -0400

Hey man.  Yes, you set up your user-defined characters to match your  
joystick positions.  The formula I used was a bit complicated... Try  
just taking joystick input, and do a CALL MOTION and a CALL PATTERN  
based on what pattern you want.  The routine I used combined both into  
one equation--- but you can CALL the routines separately.

IF JOYST=LEFT THEN CALL MOTION(0,10):: CALL PATTERN(left pattern)

I can send you sample code in the morning... I'll pull it right out of  
Honeycomb Rapture. You're more than welcome to DL Honeycomb, look at  
it's guts and rip off the routine I used.  :)

Owen Brand

        **webmaster**
http://www.Opry99er.com

On Jun 25, 2010, at 11:48 PM, "roundfilesilver" <[email-masked] 
 > wrote:

> Trying this question at both groups-- what type of lines of code  
> would you write to have a sprite change its looks coordinated with  
> the joystick? Like a "Bojangles" man who will turn or run left,  
> right, up, down with the joystick? 4 CALL PATTERNS?
>
> James
>
>

---

From: "roundfilesilver" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 21:28:05 -0000

Owen : You're going to send me a sample code? Thanks, man!

James

---

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 18:23:28 -0400

i think karsten's code at the other list is adequate.  :). I didn't  
send ode because what he gave you will get you up and running.  Any  
code I would send would be redundant.  :) Happy SPRITE-ing.

Owen Brand

        **webmaster**
http://www.Opry99er.com

On Jun 28, 2010, at 5:28 PM, "roundfilesilver" <[email-masked]