Subject: CF2K

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 20:42:23 -0400

Couple questions.... Are there any better CF card loading programs  
than the one that comes with the CF7?  Does Fred's CF2K program  
"replace" the program I received with my CF7?  Or is it a TI-side  
program?  I'm sure that if it does replace the PC program-- it is  
enhanced.  :). Just wondering what tools are available.  I'm getting  
my CF7 re-set-up and I'll be making some YouTube tutorials and I want  
to have the best "stuff" available for the tutorials... That's all.   
In my initial CF7 usage, I only used the stock program and I only  
transferred XB files.. I'm hoping to get it to a science so I can  
provide quality tutorials.  Thanks.

Owen Brand

        **webmaster**
http://www.Opry99er.com

---

From: "chris20636" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 03:31:41 -0000

I won't take the bait into what might be better or best.   [:p]

As a recently new CF7 user, I find myself mostly using TI99DIR at
http://members.ziggo.nl/fgkaal/Software/sw_ti99dir.html
<http://members.ziggo.nl/fgkaal/Software/sw_ti99dir.html>   I had
trouble getting it to work with a USB Lexar reader under 64 bit Win 7. 
Since then, I've put an older PC into service as my dedicated TI-99/4A
companion with 32 bit Win XP.  It works perfectly under XP.

As an example, I obtained a Editor/Assembler cartridge but needed the
disks.  I found disk images, online, but not the right size to just copy
to the CF7.  So with TI99DIR, I was able to make a blank CF7 disk image
of the right size.  Then I could double click into this disk image in
one window, while double clicking into the E/A disk images in the other
window.  Then copied the files from the old image to the new one.  Once
the two new images were finished, TI99DIR could copy these new images to
the CF.  There is also support for initializing/formatting the various
virtual disks on the CF, and mounting whichever three you want as DSK1,
DSK2, and DSK3.

So far it's been my one stop shop for file mangling between disk images
and the CF.

Regards,
Chris

---

From: mark wills <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 09:32:07 +0000 (GMT)

For PC side CF7 file mangling, check out TI99DIR which pretty much owns the market :-)

Mark

----- Original Message ----
> From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Sent: Wed, 23 June, 2010 1:42:23
> Subject: [TI994A] CF2K
> 
enhanced.  :). Just wondering what tools are available.  I'm 
> getting  
my CF7 re-set-up and I'll be making some YouTube tutorials and 
> I want  
to have the best "stuff" available for the tutorials... That's 
> all.  
In my initial CF7 usage, I only used the stock program and I 
> only  
transferred XB files.. I'm hoping to get it to a science so I 
> can  

Owen 
> Brand

        **webmaster**

> href="http://www.Opry99er.com" target=_blank 
> >http://www.Opry99er.com

------------------------------------

Yahoo! 
> Groups Links

>   
> >http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TI994A/

> href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TI994A/join" target=_blank 
> >http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TI994A/join
    (Yahoo! ID 
> required)

> href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked] 
> 
    
> href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]

> ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]" 
> href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]

> href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/" target=_blank 
> >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Stuart" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 15:55:13 -0000

There's the little VB utility I wrote which provides a graphical front end to the DOS programs provided with the CF7: <http://www.avjd51.dsl.pipex.com/ti/ti.htm#cf_drive_utility>. It's fine for simply backing up/restoring volumes to/from the PC, but if you're looking at being able to convert volumes between different formats and so on, Fred's Ti99Dir is most definitately the way to go ...

Stuart.

---

From: "chris20636" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 23:27:32 -0000

Yep, Stuart's program was the one I used before TI99DIR.  It worked great under Win 7.

Chris

--- In [email-masked], "Stuart" <ti99@...> wrote:
> --- In [email-masked], Owen Brand <owenbrand@> wrote:
> >

---

From: fdos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 10:17:29 -0700

I agree!  Just include Fred Kaal's CF2K along with his TI99dir as CF7 
must have utility programs.

Bill S

chris20636 wrote:
>  
> 
> I won't take the bait into what might be better or best.  :p
> 
> <http://members.ziggo.nl/fgkaal/Software/sw_ti99dir.html>  I had trouble 
> getting it to work with a USB Lexar reader under 64 bit Win 7.  Since 
> then, I've put an older PC into service as my dedicated TI-99/4A 
> one window, while double clicking into the E/A disk images in the o ther 
>  > my CF7 re-set-up and I'll be making some You Tube tutorials and I want