Subject: Re: [TI994A] Re: Infocom on the 99/4A

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 18:17:27 EDT

Or, it is possible that there were at least two person who converted them  
to the TI.
 
Bob  Carmany  

In a message dated 4/17/2010 6:15:45 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

The files were around  for a long time in the wild.  I’d seen many of them 
floating around on  the user-group circuit before I bought mine—so they 
apparently escaped early  on. 
Jim 

____________________________________
 
From:  [email-masked]  [mailto:[email-masked]]  On Behalf 
Of  [email-masked]
Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2010 6:11  PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TI994A] Re: Infocom on the  99/4A

 
There were  apparently eventually more than 3 copies of LGOP. I have had a 
copy for years  that I was "leaked" from somewhere and later transported to 
a 3.5" disk when I  switched my system many years ago over. In fact, I think 
I have the complete  set of Infocom adventures. There were a number of 
improved loaders that came  out over the years. One of the best is the one that 
Will McGovern put  together.

Bob  Carmany  

 
In a  message dated 4/17/2010 5:14:43 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] a  me

I know where all  three of those original copies of Leather Goddesses went 
too, Bill.  I  have one, Chris Bobbitt kept one for his personal collection, 
and the third  went to Jim Horn from Disk Only Software (they were related, 
if I remember  correctly, though I don’t remember how anymore). 
No problem on the  data either—too much valuable information has been lost 
over the years  because it wasn’t shared initially.  I’m actually glad to 
see long-lost  folk like Gary Bowser back on the message boards, because they 
bring a lot  of otherwise unavailable information with them.  Some folk 
might have  issues with him (and I’m pretty sure there are people out there 
with issues  against me too, for that matter), but I greatly respect him for 
being here,  as I do every member of the online TI forums.   
Jim

---

From: "Ksarul" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 18:31:31 -0400

The earliest disks I saw the German user's groups with had the Barry Boone
loaders, so I'm not sure that there may have been another translation there.
. .

Jim

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2010 6:17 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TI994A] Re: Infocom on the 99/4A

Or, it is possible that there were at least two person who converted them to
the TI.

Bob Carmany 

The files were around for a long time in the wild.  I'd seen many of them
floating around on the user-group circuit before I bought mine-so they
apparently escaped early on.

Jim

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2010 6:11 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TI994A] Re: Infocom on the 99/4A

There were apparently eventually more than 3 copies of LGOP. I have had a
copy for years that I was "leaked" from somewhere and later transported to a
3.5" disk when I switched my system many years ago over. In fact, I think I
have the complete set of Infocom adventures. There were a number of improved
loaders that came out over the years. One of the best is the one that Will
McGovern put together.

Bob Carmany 

I know where all three of those original copies of Leather Goddesses went
too, Bill.  I have one, Chris Bobbitt kept one for his personal collection,
and the third went to Jim Horn from Disk Only Software (they were related,
if I remember correctly, though I don't remember how anymore).

No problem on the data either-too much valuable information has been lost
over the years because it wasn't shared initially.  I'm actually glad to see
long-lost folk like Gary Bowser back on the message boards, because they
bring a lot of otherwise unavailable information with them.  Some folk might
have issues with him (and I'm pretty sure there are people out there with
issues against me too, for that matter), but I greatly respect him for being
here, as I do every member of the online TI forums.   

Jim