Subject: ANSI TOOLS? for Geneve

From: "Tony Knerr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 21:21:10 -0000

The grey matter is having an issue here. I'm looking for a Geneve utility that creates an executable file to display an Ansi screen.
I use it for my Geneve Autoexec menu screen and need to change the screen, but can't find the utility to do so. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Tony

---

From: Insane Multitasker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 17:58:17 -0500

VCLR is the ANSI viewer -- it will display DV80 (IBM graphics only) or DF128 (ANSI sequencing, color or B&W, null terminated file).   Version 1.22 (IIRC) contains the ANSI Music interpreter as well as the color display.  Graphics mode 6 (via MODE 60) must be enabled, otherwise you'll just get black and white graphics.  ANSI sequencing is available in both color and B&W.  The DF128 files for the S&TBBS were created by Scott Stasiowski using a PC ANSI editor.

I never created a sequence program such as "The Draw" but you can draw the graphics screens in Fweb and perhaps TI Writer, either natively via the high ASCII charset or using the Control codes for characters below ASCII 32 and the convert with ANSI TOOLS.  ANSI TOOLS is part of the S&T BBS Software package; VCLR was released as an MDOS viewer.  

:)

> To: [email-masked]
> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 21:21:10 +0000
> Subject: [TI994A] ANSI TOOLS? for Geneve
> 
> ------------------------------------
> 
> Yahoo! Groups Links
> 
> 
>

---

From: Tony Knerr <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 19:26:19 -0400

There's a utility that creates an MDOS executable, TIM. Does VCLR do that?
I've uploaded a dsk image for MESS here with the current executable that 
I'm using.
The file name is DISPLAY. The dsk image name is DSDD1.DSK.
Try it out, you'll see my Geneve main menu. I just wish i knew where I 
put the utility
that creates the d*** thing. :(

Tony

On 8/22/2010 6:58 PM, Insane Multitasker wrote:
>
> VCLR is the ANSI viewer -- it will display DV80 (IBM graphics only) or 
> DF128 (ANSI sequencing, color or B&W, null terminated file).   Version 
> 1.22 (IIRC) contains the ANSI Music interpreter as well as the color 
> display.  Graphics mode 6 (via MODE 60) must be enabled, otherwise 
> you'll just get black and white graphics.  ANSI sequencing is 
> available in both color and B&W.  The DF128 files for the S&TBBS were 
> created by Scott Stasiowski using a PC ANSI editor.
>
> I never created a sequence program such as "The Draw" but you can draw 
> the graphics screens in Fweb and perhaps TI Writer, either natively 
> via the high ASCII charset or using the Control codes for characters 
> below ASCII 32 and the convert with ANSI TOOLS.  ANSI TOOLS is part of 
> the S&T BBS Software package; VCLR was released as an MDOS viewer.
>
> :)
>

---

From: Insane Multitasker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 18:33:40 -0500

Nope. 
I was just thinking I didn't even answer your question and blabbed on about
the viewer, which doesn't create an executable. Curiosity had grabbed hold of
me now.  Darn it all. You better not make me forget about the food I
am grilling.. oh... oh no.... too late...

To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 19:26:19 -0400
Subject: Re: [TI994A] ANSI TOOLS? for Geneve

  

    There's a utility that creates an MDOS executable, TIM. Does VCLR do
    that?

    I've uploaded a dsk image for MESS here with the current executable
    that I'm using.

    Try it out, you'll see my Geneve main menu. I just wish i knew where
    I put the utility

    Tony

      

              VCLR is the ANSI viewer -- it will display DV80 (IBM
              graphics only) or DF128 (ANSI sequencing, color or
              B&W, null terminated file).   Version 1.22 (IIRC)
              contains the ANSI Music interpreter as well as the color
              display.  Graphics mode 6 (via MODE 60) must be enabled,
              otherwise you'll just get black and white graphics.  ANSI
              sequencing is available in both color and B&W.  The
              DF128 files for the S&TBBS were created by Scott
              Stasiowski using a PC ANSI editor.

              I never created a sequence program such as "The Draw" but
              you can draw the graphics screens in Fweb and perhaps TI
              Writer, either natively via the high ASCII charset or
              using the Control codes for characters below ASCII 32 and
              the convert with ANSI TOOLS.  ANSI TOOLS is part of the
              S&T BBS Software package; VCLR was released as an MDOS
              viewer.  

              :)

---

From: "Tony Knerr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 22:07:50 -0000

I think I've found the program. But I'm not sure as I can't extract the files from the archive. I've tried TIDIR and TI99-PC to no avail.
The file is on the whtech site in the \9640news\CAT45 directory.
The filename is ANSIED.ARK. Could some kindhearted soul help out an
old man and see if they can unarc this thing into a MESS dsk image?
I'd be eternally grateful, first born male child and all that... ;)

Tony

---

From: "Jacques Groslouis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 19:21:05 -0300

Tony,

This old man was able to access and explore the file ANSIED.ARK using 
TI99DIR. It is a TI-Archiver file and contains 3 files, a doc file, a XBasic 
program and an assembly program that is loaded by the XB program. No, I do 
not want your first born male child. I have plenty of my own down to great 
grand children. I can email the file to you if you give me an address.

Regards,

Jacques

Nominate someone to your TI99HOF
Check out www.ti99hof.org

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Tony Knerr" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2010 7:07 PM
Subject: [TI994A] Re: ANSI TOOLS? for Geneve

>I think I've found the program. But I'm not sure as I can't extract the 
>files from the archive. I've tried TIDIR and TI99-PC to no avail.