Subject: Re: [TI994A] Even more weekend trivia

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 08:32:51 EDT

I think I have the schematics somewhere with the name "Johnny Box" written  
on them. Let me look and see what I can find.
 
Bob  Carmany  

In a message dated 4/10/2010 8:53:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Sometime  last year, there was a question here about the term "Johnny Box"
and what  part of the /4A it belonged to.  I now have the definitive answer
to  the question: it refers to the Peripheral Expansion Box.  The name  was
used for it early in the development cycle.  Johnny was the first  name of
one of the programmers working on the /4A, and the name was a  reference to
him.  

Jim  Fetzner

------------------------------------

Yahoo!  Groups Links

---

From: Insane Multitasker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 18:58:45 -0500

There is TI documentation which specifically mentions the "Johnny Box" as well as the 99/4B, if memory serves correctly. The Peripheral Expansion box technical docs come to mind and perhaps one or more of the DSR specifications.   Like Bob, I may have some schematics with the name on them, though most I sold via ebay long ago.  Tim

To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 08:32:51 -0400
Subject: Re: [TI994A] Even more weekend trivia

I think I have the schematics somewhere with the name "Johnny Box" written on them. Let me look and see what I can find.
 
Bob Carmany 

In a message dated 4/10/2010 8:53:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, [email-masked] writes:

Jim Fetzner

Yahoo! Groups Links

_________________________________________________________________
The New Busy is not the too busy. Combine all your e-mail accounts with Hotmail.
http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?tile=multiaccount&ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_4

---

From: "Ksarul" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 21:59:18 -0400

True in both cases.  I have copies of documents that mention it as well-this
was just the definitive answer from one of the engineers who was involved in
the project.  Now we know not only what it was but where it came from.

Jim

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Insane Multitasker
Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2010 7:59 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [TI994A] Even more weekend trivia

There is TI documentation which specifically mentions the "Johnny Box" as
well as the 99/4B, if memory serves correctly. The Peripheral Expansion box
technical docs come to mind and perhaps one or more of the DSR
specifications.   Like Bob, I may have some schematics with the name on
them, though most I sold via ebay long ago.  Tim

  _____  

Bob Carmany 

Jim Fetzner

Yahoo! Groups Links

  _____  

The New Busy is not the too busy. Combine all your e-mail accounts with
Hotmail. Get busy.
<http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?tile=multiaccount&ocid=PID28
326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_4>

---

From: "Ksarul" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 22:00:52 -0400

And I think I may be one of those who bought some of those documents from
you so many years ago, Tim.  :-)

Jim

  _____  

  

  _____  

Bob Carmany 

Jim Fetzner

Yahoo! Groups Links

  _____