Subject: Re: RE: Re: [TI994A] Geneve VDP memory test

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 13:01:44 -0500 (CDT)

You got it, Jim. The name of the program is simply "testvdp" or "videotest" or something just as non descript. lol

(If I wasn't in the middle of repairing some SCSI cards I'd try to find it upstairs among the Geneve pile.)

Jun 26, 2010 01:49:44 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

Alexander Hulpke did it, if it was the YAPP programmer. . .

Jim

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2010 12:51 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Re: [TI994A] Geneve VDP memory test

Ernie, I'm also having grey matter problems but I do remember it was written by the same fellow that did YAPP and it does test the video memory upgrade.

Jun 26, 2010 12:42:00 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

Ernie,

This post is just to let you know that there is a program to test the
Geneve VDP memory, but I can't remember the program name, but I did use
it on my 2MB GenMod Geneve and the MESS Geneve emulator back in
2003/2004, when I was helping Beery Miller resolve MESS Geneve emulator
bugs with Raphael Nabet.

If I had a clue about the name I could search for it, but nothing comes
to mind. Hopefully, Beery will see your post soon and provide the program.

Bill S

epergrem wrote:
>
>
> Does anyone know of a program that will test the Geneve VDP memory,
> especially the 192K expansion?
>
> Thanks,
> Ernie
>
>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TI994A/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TI994A/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "epergrem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 20:50:07 -0000

Thanks Richard,
Tim mentioned that a program existed, and I was more curious than anything.  CYC reports the RAM as 128K but but I had never ran into it when I had my Geneve.  

As for me?  Your work with the SCSI cards is more important. ;-)

Ernie

---

From: "Beery" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 20:36:17 -0000

It may be *9938*.*

Not sure if V9938 started off in the filename or not.

I checked the 9640News folder on whtech, but someone saw fit to remove the txt file from that folder that contained a description of everything in all the other subfolders.

Beery

---

From: fdos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 07:57:40 -0700

Beery,

I had to go back to June of 2003 to find the e-mail postings we did 
during the on-line beta testing of the MESS Geneve emulator to find the 
answer.  We were using Bruce Hellstrom's memory viewer (BHDMV). 
According to the posting it should be located here: 
ftp.whtech.com/9640news/cat23/bhdmv12.ark

Bill S

Beery wrote:
> I checked the 9640News folder on whtech, but someone saw fit to remove 
> the txt file from that folder that contained a description of everything 
> in all the other subfolders.
> 
> Beery
> 
>