Subject: Formatting CF cards

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 18:59:16 -0400

Am I correct in assuming the only way to format a CF card for use with  
the CF7 is the custom TI BASIC call "CALL FORMAT"?  Has this process  
been automated or emulated on a PC based program yet?

I'm making a video tutorial of CF7 use, and I want to provide all  
available resources when I do the tutorial.  Just filling in some gaps  
in knowledge here, as my initial foray into CF7 use was cut short by a  
PC-side hardware malfunction.  Thanks.

Owen Brand

        **webmaster**
http://www.Opry99er.com

---

From: "chris20636" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 23:29:46 -0000

TI99DIR

---

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 19:40:33 -0400

I wasn't aware that TI99Dir was able to do the formatting of the CF  
drive.  :). I'll look into that, thanks.

Owen Brand

        **webmaster**
http://www.Opry99er.com

---

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 20:57:05 -0400

Very cool stuff.  Learned some new stuff with TI99Dir today and had  
some success loading disk images.  SOOOO much easier than the DOS  
alternative.  Took me 3 days to figure out that stuff.  TI99Dir makes  
it easy as pie.  :) Thanks.

Owen Brand

        **webmaster**
http://www.Opry99er.com

---

From: alekin garavia <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 06:22:37 +0000 (GMT)

I looked that have just another friend say you of tidir, in plus i say you that you can select 100 disk image (at example) and in one bang you copy all in your cf card. I try also different type of cf card.. the only that had worked well is sanadisk model.. i tested size from 64,128,256,512 and 1gb size all worked well.. important that it is cf1 and no cf2. I try also china clone cf.. (house mistaken) under windows work of but under ti99 none. I discovered that china cf clone are no a perfect cf card.. maybe are cf2 velocity and no cf1.
Bye Ermanno

P.s. Cf7 + TI99 are more usefully for create a perfect collection program :-) 

--- Gio 24/6/10, Owen Brand <[email-masked]> ha scritto:

Da: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Oggetto: [TI994A] Formatting CF cards
A: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Data: Giovedì 24 giugno 2010, 00:59

  

Owen Brand

**webmaster**

http://www.Opry99er.com

---

From: fdos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 10:44:24 -0700

I'm sure you've been told about TI99dir, but Fred's CF2K is great for 
volume management within CF7 operation.  Of course, you can also use the 
utility programs that are e-mailed by Jaime to each successful bidder.

Bill S

---

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 13:48:48 -0400

Thanks Bill--- I have been using TI-99Dir for loading up my card, but  
I will need to put CF2k on my CF so I can edit volumes.  That's next. :)

Owen Brand

        **webmaster**
http://www.Opry99er.com

On Jun 24, 2010, at 1:44 PM, fdos <[email-masked]> wrote:

> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

---

From: fdos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 11:06:30 -0700

CF2K is the best for CF7 devices.  That's why I have it on one of my Jon 
Guidry 64K carts along with DU2K (no DISKU available).

Bill S

Owen Brand wrote:
> On Jun 24, 2010, at 1:44 PM, fdos <[email-masked] 
> <mailto:fdosbrs%40frontiernet.net>> wrote:
>

---

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 14:15:53 -0400

I'm assuming that CF2k can be loaded into a volume and used in that  
manner?  I wouldn't need a cart to use it... Similarly to my first  
disk manager program I had, DM1000.

Owen Brand

        **webmaster**
http://www.Opry99er.com

---

From: fdos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 11:30:44 -0700

That's correct.  CF2K is normally an EA5 program.  The cart version just 
shows how important the CF2K program is, and that it will be available 
in the event I can't access the CF volumes for some reason or another in 
the far, far distant future, if ever at all. :-)

Bill S

Owen Brand wrote:
> On Jun 24, 2010, at 2:06 PM, fdos <[email-masked] 
> <mailto:fdosbrs%40frontiernet.net>