Subject: CF7 Question

From: "BobK" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 03:22:03 -0000

Has anyone tried hooking the CF7 w/power supply to the CorComp 9900 Expansion Unit, I was wondering if I left off the Floppy Disk Drives if I could use the RS232 port and the MFM program to transfer programs from my PC to the CF7. 
Any thoughts would be appreciated before I "Let the Smoke out" :-0
Thanks-
Bob K.

---

From: "computerclassics2000" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 03:36:59 -0000

Wouldn't there be a conflict with the 32K in the 9900 system and the 32K in the CF7+?

As an aside, I tried CF7+ with the Thermal Printer and it does not work.

BillG

---

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 00:17:00 -0400

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Richard come up with a hardware hack with  
a switch to bypass the 32k on the CF7?

Owen Brand

        **webmaster**
http://www.Opry99er.com

On Jul 2, 2010, at 11:36 PM, "computerclassics2000" <[email-masked] 
 > wrote:

> > Has anyone tried hooking the CF7 w/power supply to the CorComp  
> 9900 Expansion Unit, I was wondering if I left off the Floppy Disk  
> Drives if I could use the RS232 port and the MFM program to transfer  
> programs from my PC to the CF7.

---

From: fdos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 08:45:32 -0700

BobK,

Not having a CorComp 9900 Expansion Unit, my first question would have 
to be does that unit have a bus pass-through connector that would accept 
the CF7 connection?

Next you should expect a number of CRU address conflicts.  First off you 
could remove the 32K memory from one system or the other (32K card in 
the CorComp or static RAM chip in the CF7), but the RS-232 PIO and disk 
controllers will still be in conflict unless there is a way to change 
the CRU addresses on the CorComp cards!  I don't know.

Bill S

BobK wrote:
>  
> 
> 
> Has anyone tried hooking the CF7 w/power supply to the CorComp 9900 
> Expansion Unit, I was wondering if I left off the Floppy Disk Drives if 
> I could use the RS232 port and the MFM program to transfer programs from 
> my PC to the CF7.

---

From: "Ksarul" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 11:54:01 -0400

The CRU's on the CorComp 9900 don't change, as it was designed before such
movements became necessary due to the proliferation of useful TI
peripherals.  There will definitely be conflicts with the PIO, Disk
Controller, and 32K when trying to use the CF7 with it.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
fdos
Sent: Saturday, July 03, 2010 11:46 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TI994A] CF7 Question

BobK,

Bill S

> Any thoughts would be appreciated before I "Let the Smoke out" :-0

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

---

From: fdos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 08:58:46 -0700

BillG,

It should work with a conventional centronix parallel port printer.  Any 
thing specific to a TI won't work due to the "hand-shake"/"strobe" 
signal conflict.  There were special cables made to fix this problem, 
but I don't remember who they were made by--I have a couple in use, but 
there's no way to know the manufacturer.  I also believe that the 
circuit to do the conversion was published in a MICROpendium issue--no 
idea which one.

Bill S

computerclassics2000 wrote:
> --- In [email-masked] <mailto:TI994A%40yahoogroups.com>, "BobK" 
> <bkaspar@...> wrote:
>  >
>  >

---

From: "Ksarul" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 16:40:48 -0400

Smith-Corona made them, as did Tenex.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
fdos
Sent: Saturday, July 03, 2010 11:59 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TI994A] Re: CF7 Question

BillG,

Bill S

Yahoo! Groups Links

---

From: "BobK" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 02:45:54 -0000

O.K. I am just going to wait for Jaime to come out with the newer version of CF7+. I do not want to mess up my CorComp 9900, it served me for many years and I will let it rest until it needs to be called back to duty.
Thanks- 
Bob K.

--- In [email-masked], "Ksarul" <vze23g4a@...> wrote:
> > <bkaspar@> wrote: