Subject: TI software package

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 13:13:45 -0400

I'm looking to put together a software collection as a big file on my  
desktop of all the TI stuff I can get my hands on.... I've got a bunch  
of stuff now, but it's mostly unorganized.  I know Tony and a few  
others were running a bit torrent of the WHT stuff, but I was on a MAC  
at the time and couldn't make my torrent client work with me.... If  
anyone has such a collection on CD or wouldn't mind uploading a zipped  
file to my site, it would be a great help.  Even if I could get chunks  
via email and put them together--- that would be awesome.  :). Any  
help would be greatly appreciated.

Owen Brand

        **webmaster**
http://www.Opry99er.com

---

From: "Paolo Bagnaresi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 21:30:41 +0200

Owen,

I think you're referring to ftp.whtech.com.torrent , a torrent file 
containing all the files that were on whtech on 5.nov.2009. It's worth 
18.9 GB of data, divided in 20.143 files and 773 folders. That torrent is 
still being seeded, I think mainly by Tursi (tursilion.com). I can see 
that there are 3 active seeders now (I am among them), and 0 downloaders. 
If you need that torrent, I can send the torrent file to you via email to 
the email address you are using to this group.

You need a torrent client for that download. If you're on a Windows 
platform, I'd strongly advise you to use µTorrent 
(http://www.utorrent.com/downloads). It's small, fast, free and won't be a 
CPU hog.

Paolo

---

From: "Tony Knerr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 20:06:26 -0000

Paolo beat me to the answer - try the torrent first, Owen.
It just requires a little effort to initially set everything up.
If you can't get it working, as a last resort I can burn the collection onto 5 DVDs and mail them to you. But that'll take some work.

Tony

--- In [email-masked], Owen Brand <owenbrand@...> wrote:
> others were running a bit torrent of the WHT stuff, 
> ...

---

From: "Tursi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 13:26:04 -0700

I'm still seeding the WHTECH torrent (despite distributing quite a few 
copies myself, nobody else bothered to stay on - it wasn't intended to be a 
second FTP. Would some of you please reseed? All you have to do is 
re-download the torrent into the same folder - it will check that all the 
files are correct, update any that aren't, and you're back in.)

At any rate, it's way to big to bother with a zip file, we're talking almost 
20GB. Try your torrent connection again, it's at 
http://tursilion.com/tor/ftp.whtech.com.torrent

---

From: "Tursi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 13:27:13 -0700

Hmm... as a follow-up to my comment that nobody else was seeding the WHTech 
torrent - I have to take that back - it looks like some people did stay on. 
Thanks guys! And Owen, that just means it'll download faster for you. ;)