Subject: SSGC winners

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 00:36:50 -0400

<<ssgc winners>> Pasted from Atariage forum.

Howdy everyone!!! Well, it's been the hardest thing I've ever done as  
pertaining to the TI. It made programming "Honeycomb Rapture" feel  
like a walk in the park!!! I've expanded the winning prizes to 4.  
Below are the prizes for the winners. I had to pick an order of  
winners, but I won't select your prizes. 1st place picks first, 2nd  
place picks second, etc. Anyway, here are the prizes

*CF7+ sidecar peripheral (slimline)
*Myarc rs232 card with original manual & Terminal Emulator II  
cartridge with original manual
*A 64k Jon Guidry cartridge board and game case (for making homebrew  
carts)
*A Navarrone 3 cartridge expander device (allows for three carts to be  
plugged in at once... select with 3 way toggle)

This contest was amazing. There were brilliant games... some I enjoyed  
playing more than others... and some that worked better on the real TI  
than others. In the end, I had to balance my criteria and find the  
best games that would fit into as many of them as possible. The  
selection process for the final 6 was tough. Narrowing it down to 5  
took me 3 days. Narrowing it down to 4 took me up until about a half  
hour ago. I wish I could give out 17 CF7+s to each of you who entered.  
However, since I can't do that, I had to rip parts of my SOUL out to  
narrow these down. =) I found that I had an emotional attachment to  
several of these early on... There are a couple that I'm addicted to  
and want to see expanded. It appears that Fly Guy has a sequel in the  
works, thanks to Matthew180. Much excitement has been stirred up  
during the course of this contest, and the community owes you all  
respect and gratitude. You are all already on 2 websites, soon to be  
3, so your games are DLable by anyone. If this was your first TI  
experience, I hope it was a good one. Anyway, without further  
adieu......

(S)hort and (S)weet (G)aming ©ontest Winners!!!

1) Lunar Rescue (Marc.Hull)
2) Inaccurate Invaders (unHUman)
3) SSGC Racer (Kurt Woloch)
4) Chronicle of Sniffing Zombie (Sometimes99er)

There were games like Fly Guy, Beryl Reichardt, and Dark Maze that I  
really considered hard... Thin Ice, another... Wow. Canyon bomber  
reminded me of an old 2600 I used to have!! Gravity Run was soooo  
slick and responsive on the real hardware. ZomBXB and the accompanying  
TI Farmer were all amazing. TI Simon, I have to say, brought me back  
to my childhood. In the end, Lunar Rescue won because of how smooth it  
was on hardware, the scoring engine was fair and tough, and the  
graphics were great. Inaccurate Invaders, the updated version, was  
stronger on hardware than I thought it would be. You cannot play this  
game thinking about TI invaders... This game stands on its own, and a  
work of art for the contraints of this contest. SSGC Racer was  
unbelievable in every way. In CPU Overdrive, the gameplay/racing is  
second to none. I actually liked playing this game in CPU overdrive  
better than I like playing Pole Position! The only problem is that if  
you play the game in CPU overdrive, the music and speech are messed  
up... too fast. Chronicle of Sniffing Zombie is amazing. It is clean,  
fast, fun, and challenging all at once.

In the end, I didn't select my 4 favorite games. Had I selected my 4  
favorite games, the winning list would be very different. Since I'm an  
RPG guy, I was very excited about Dark Maze and Beryl Reichardt. In  
CPU Overdrive, these games make my road trips FLY by. Loved these  
games, truly.

I selected these 4 on their replayability, graphics, performance on  
hardware, overall design and user interface. Truly, there were games  
that were unbelievably designed, but they just didn't cut it on the  
real TI. I could have selected any number of others, but these were  
the ones I settled on. Each of you will receive a diskette with all  
the games and a nice printed manual with the docs you provided. This  
has been so much fun, until the judging. =) You are all deserving and  
you have all made an excellent contribution to the TI community. Thank  
you all very much.

If you want a copy of the diskette, PM me your address and I will have  
a physical diskette for you within the month.

BTW, my wife says I should give all my stuff away, consoles, PEBs,  
carts, peripherals, everything to you guys as prizes... I don't think  
she fully appreciates the majesty of the silver and black... As a  
matter of fact, she said she would pay for shipping on all that stuff.  
She really doesn't like my hobby. =)
This post has been edited by Opry99er: Yesterday, 11:23 PM

Owen Brand
Opry99er.com

---

From: "Tursi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 22:36:58 -0700

> 4) Chronicle of Sniffing Zombie (Sometimes99er)

Congrats to the winners and I totally agree that these are fantastic games!