Subject: .dsk, .DSK, Gameshelf/CF7

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 11:32:26 -0400

Working on some CF volumes, loading a 512 MB CF card up pretty  
deep.  :). Anyway, what is the difference between .dsk and .DSK  
images?  Are they both compatible with the CF7?

- also,  the dsk images available at the TIGameshelf, are they in the  
proper format for loading onto a CF card or must they be modified first?

For instance, if they must be extracted and then "re-wrapped" into a  
compatible .DSK format, that's cool-- I am just not sure what works  
and what doesn't.  I am not near my real TI right now--- just trying  
to get my card loaded up.  :). Sorry for all the CF questions the past  
couple days--- Im hoping to have my CF7 road-rig ready to go so I can  
program on real hardware while on the road.  Geek-alert....  :)

Owen Brand

        **webmaster**
http://www.Opry99er.com

---

From: fdos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 11:00:25 -0700

Owen,

These are PC extensions, so no difference is intended, but both PC99.DSK 
and V9T9.DSK images use the .DSK/.dsk extension, and as I'm sure you 
know they are not the same.  Even so newer versions of MESS can use 
either, and TI99dir can convert PC99 images to V9T9 images, and TI99-PC 
can convert these images in either direction.

Only V9T9.DSK images are compatible with the CF7 Sidecar, and I don't 
know what the .DSK images on the TIGameshelf are.

Bill S

Owen Brand wrote:
> - also, the dsk images available at the ,TIGameshelf are they in the