Subject: Assembly successes

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 19:09:58 -0400

Hey all, I've had a couple small successes in TMS9900 assembly language and
I wanted to share with you.  You can click this link to watch the video I
made up of the program I'm working on.  It's a scrolling map.  =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JPNZVE9Gvw

Go here to download the EA3 file and the source code

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/157664-the-legend-of-beryl-reichardt/page__view__findpost__p__2022802

There are some great people out there with some brilliant minds.  I hope to
be in your ranks someday, guys.

---

From: Gregory McGill <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 17:14:38 -0700

Very nice Owen :)

---

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 21:00:05 -0400

Thanks!  I chose the theme music from Final Fantasy IV for this  
video.  :) it seemed appropriate and gives the video a little flare.  :)

Owen Brand

        **webmaster**
http://www.Opry99er.com

On May 30, 2010, at 8:14 PM, Gregory McGill <[email-masked]>  
wrote:

> Hey all, I've had a couple small successes in TMS9900 assembly  
> language and I wanted to share with you.  You can click this link to  
> watch the video I made up of the program I'm working on.  It's a  
> scrolling map.  =)
>
> There are some great people out there with some brilliant minds.  I  
> hope to be in your ranks someday, guys.
>
>

---

From: "computerclassics2000" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 01:41:55 -0000

Agreed. Very nice, Owen. I am impressed by your talent, your tenacity and your focus. Great stuff!!!

BillG 

--- In [email-masked], Gregory McGill <arcadeshopper@...> wrote:
>
> Very nice Owen :)
> 
> On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Owen Brand <owenbrand@...> wrote:
> 
> >
> >

---

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 21:44:08 -0400

Hey thank you Bill. :). I'm lucky to be surrounded by such talent.   
It's much easier to learn when so many great programmers here have  
already been where I am in the process.  I hope to be able to  
contribute games and software for years to come.  So far, I have been  
fortunate enough to complete 2 games and I'm working on my third now,  
in this new language.  If I can complete this new project in a  
reasonable timeframe, I want to port "Lemonade Stand" to assembly  
(with graphical and game engine updates--- new interactive music as  
well) so I can put it on a cart.  I always wanted to see that one on  
cart.  :) "Honeycomb Rapture" should also be updated and done in  
assembly.  I may spend the next year on these 3 games, but when  
they're done, there will be 3 new assembly games for the TI.  What I  
have been contemplating is making my RPG a cartridge game with the  
large data stored on diskette.  Probably a cart and disk release in  
one package.  I've been working on the manual for this new game for  
almost a year now.  It's a beast-- just the story itself, the item  
descriptions, all that stuff just adds up quick.  I'll have to change  
quite a bit of info in it once I determine what my final user  
interface will be like, but so far it is falling right in line with  
what I wanted.  ;). It looks like I'll be able to implement all the  
things I had originally intended.  These are exciting times for me.  I  
am making good progress with my development and my assembly learning  
curve is starting to head north.  :). I have a ton left to do--- we're  
still in the early stages of development here, so I'm hoping I don't  
hit any big snags.  But as I said, there are many people here who can  
help. :)

Owen Brand

        **webmaster**
http://www.Opry99er.com

On May 30, 2010, at 9:41 PM, "computerclassics2000" <[email-masked] 

> language and