Subject: Re: [TI994A] Re: Jim Peterson Achievement Awards Changes Discussion

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 15:56:57 EDT

In a message dated 8/16/2010 3:05:29 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

I suppose it then  remains to be seen if there are exciting developments in 
the Geneve  world, such as the Geneve 2, would it still fall in under the  
TI umbrella in the Hardware category?  That was partially my -  perhaps poor 
-  assumption  in collapsing/eliminating Geneve from the JPA  award.   I 
guess that's what discussion is all about  ;)
If needed, categories can always be reinstated.  The JPA  is designed for 
the TI99 community to recognize those do so much for it.   "Flexibility and 
relevancy within reason" is the guideline that keeps this  award alive and 
current. 

Glenn
[email-masked]

Nominate TI99ers for induction into  the TI99ers Hall of Fame at 
_http://www.ti99hof.org/_ (http://www.ti99hof.org/) 

See Jim  Peterson Achievement Award recipients posted at 
_http://ti99ers.org/modules.php?name=jpa_ (http://ti99ers.org/index.php) 

Submit  behind-the-scene, "Unsung TI99ers" for inclusion at 
_http://ti99ers.org/unsung/_ (http://ti99ers.org/unsung/)

---

From: "Tony Knerr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 21:53:59 -0000

This makes a lot of sense to me. Tim's idea was a good one and my "vote", if we are indeed voting, would be to do away with the Geneve category until such a time that it is deemed necessary to reinstate it.

Tony 

--- In [email-masked], gbbasics@... wrote:
> GBBasics@...

---

From: "Tony Knerr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 22:00:47 -0000

Tony