Subject: v9938 emulation

From: "Tony Knerr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 02:25:08 -0000

http://sblive.narod.ru/ZX-Spectrum/V9938/V9938.htm

It looks like someone has emulated the v9938 in a similar way that 
Matthew is emulating the 9918. Or am I wrong?

So how do we make this into a working plug and play device that we can
upgrade our Geneves, TIMs, AVPCs, EVPCs, ect. with?

Tony

---

From: fdos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 08:31:35 -0700

Tony,

I'm sure you're right!  This should be a very mature product as all the 
source code dates are 2000 - 2001.  I would think that Matthew could 
even use some of the source code, as is, for his project as lots of the 
V9938 operation is the same as the TMS9918A.  I'm sure he can make that 
determination.  At least ways, get some insight in how to write some of 
the VHDL code.

Someone, with a little free time, should find out what it will take to 
license the full V9938 VHDL product for use in our Geneves and other 80 
column devices that use the V9938/V9958.  That someone is not me, even 
though this would be high on my list of priorities, I still couldn't do 
it for a couple of years.

Bill S