Subject: Tony Zlotorzynski

From: "hjalmarii" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 21:50:23 -0000

I received a call a short time ago to let me know that long-time CTIUG member,
and all around good guy, Tony Zlotorzynski passed away this morning. Tony Z, as
he was known to everyone, was a former newsletter editor for the group, as well
as the programming contest chairman for a number of years. Tony died of
congestive heart failure, which is sort of ironic, since those who knew him,
knew what a big heart he had. Tony used to call himself a "dumb Pollock," but
although he was Polish, he certainly wasn't dumb. He was already ready to help
anyone, from the kid in China to whom he sent TI gear and programs at a time
when that country was still more or less closed to the West, to many TI'ers who
relied on Tony for advice, programs, and even equipment. Just a couple of weeks
ago he was still sending us disks to be demo'ed on the CTIUG show. Before he
was tethered to an oxygen tank, he would regularly visit a recycling plant and
bring computer equipment to our meetings and give it away. Once, when a fellow
came to the meeting to sell his TI system because he had fallen on hard times,
Tony stood up, took off his hat, threw in a twenty-dollar bill, and walked
around collecting money. The fellow went home with his system, and a couple of
hundred bucks to see him through. When, as president of the group, I asked for
a volunteer to assume the duties as editor of our newsletter, only one person
came forward: Tony. He was just that kind of guy, the kind you can always count
on. We will miss him greatly. --Hal

---

From: Insane Multitasker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 18:50:59 -0500

Sorry to hear about Tony and his family's loss.  I had the opportunity to speak
with him a few times enjoyed the chats and his perspective. -Tim
 
> To: [email-masked]
> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 21:50:23 +0000
> Subject: [TI994A] Tony Zlotorzynski
> 
> ------------------------------------
> 
> Yahoo! Groups Links
> 
> 
>

---

From: Jeffrey White <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 17:25:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hal,

I remember Tony Z.  One thing I remember about him is that he did not expect 
anyone to be able to pronounce his last name...because he couldn't either.  Now 
this may have been a joke or the truth, but it really did not matter.  He was a 
great guy.

As far as being a "dumb Pollock", I think you meant "dumb Polack".  Pollock is a 
fish, and a right good one at that (okay, I like my fish to taste like fish).

I think Tony Z belongs on the Unsung TI99ers page 
(http://www.ti99ers.org/unsung/unsung.htm).

Jeff White

________________________________
From: hjalmarii <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Thu, April 14, 2011 5:50:23 PM
Subject: [TI994A] Tony Zlotorzynski

---

From: "ti99userclub" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 11:59:08 -0000

i do not think to have never known Tom but for me all 99ers are like BIG firends. Peace to his soul. 
Ciro