Subject: Comp sys 990 listing

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 11:06:50 -0400

This was in the compsysti letter today.  This is some awesome stuff, and Paul Urbanus might be interested in it as well as some of you.  If you know Paul, forward him this message... Pasted below.

<<paste>>

I'm at the point where I'm going to start getting rid of the 990 'stuff'
that I have.  Most will go to recycling the next time the county has a
recycle day.  Anyone in the SC area is welcome to stop by and get what's
available.  Anyone who wants parts shipped will have to pay for the shipping
and packing - which might cost a number of $$$$ since the stuff is for the
most part heavy.  I haven't checked to see if the boards fit in a USPS
one-price box, or which box they'd fit into.

Available:
- Various 990 system boards:
  990/10 CPU(s)
  990/12 CPU(s)
  990/10a CPU(s)
  990/12a CPU(s)
  Various memory controllers and arrays for the above.
  911 controllers
  CI-403 boards.
  TTY I/O boards
  COMM I/F
  Others
- Several 13 slot chassis, both original and 13a
- Several 911 CRTs
- WD800 disk drives.  Note that those with tape drives most likely have
capstan issues.  The rubber 'melts' with age.
-  Omni 810 printer(s)*
-  Omni 880 printer(s)*
-  Boards for T-50 and T-80 drives.  The drives themselves long since
cannibalized and the castings sold for scrap.
-  Various Manuals.

All parts are from working systems, though I haven't fired up most of the
stuff in many years.  The last time I powered up my system was about 6 years
ago.

* I used to have several of each but over the years they've been gutted and
recycled/repurposed.  I'm not sure of how many I have  - they're buried
under stuff, but I have at least one of each.

Guntis Sprenne

<<>>

Owen Brand

www.firebrandmusic.net
www.opry99er.com

---

From: "Dan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 19:20:08 -0400

Guntis was a member of the list server for a number of years and a member of 
the South Carolina Midlands User Group as well. Ironically he never owned a 
ti 994 or 4a, his hardware would all be for the ti 990 minicomputer or the 
ti "professional" pc.
These items would be located near Columbia Sc.

Dan (also a SC Mug member)

----- Original Message ----- 
From: Owen Brand
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2010 11:06 AM
Subject: [TI994A] Comp sys 990 listing

This was in the compsysti letter today.  This is some awesome stuff, and 
Paul Urbanus might be interested in it as well as some of you.  If you know 
Paul, forward him this message... Pasted below.

<<paste>>

Available:

Guntis Sprenne

<<>>

Owen Brand

www.firebrandmusic.net
www.opry99er.com

---

From: "James W." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 00:00:12 -0000

If someone could, please forward my email: [email-masked] to Guntis. I live in Goose Creek which is about 1 1/2 hours from Columbia, SC.

James