Subject: WDS1 EMULATE

From: "fredkaal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 09:08:41 -0000

Hi all,

Because our chairman of the Dutch TI-user group, Berry Harmsen, found a MFM harddisk in his pile of stuff for me to use, I can finally confirm that DM2k display's an EMULATE file on a WDSx harddisk as EMULATE and not as UNKOWN anymore. I don't know what to do with files like this. I myself never used that feature of the Myarc hard disk controller, but anyway ... just another minor frustration solved.

Fred ;-)

---

From: "computerclassics2000" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 13:58:26 -0000

Wish there was a Disk Manager to work with the HDS1, 2 and 3 in Win994aSim.

---

From: Tony Knerr <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 10:34:20 -0400

A better idea would be to get the author to convert his hard drive 
structure to the
standard WDS/SCS format. Then the Simulator would be more "TI accurate" and
the existing software would work.

Tony

---

From: fdos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 09:22:35 -0700

More great news Fred,

I know I was one of the complainers due to backing up WDS1 directories 
and files to SCSI with DM2K all my DSK1 emulate files would be backed up 
in an incorrect format that required header patching (file type) after 
restoration, of course.

I do tend to have more MFM hard drive problems than SCSI.  Although the 
Rodime 45MB hard drives I use are fast and restore well.  None have 
suffered a hard crash.  I'm not sure how they get messed up from time to 
time.  I'm inclined to believe it's connector problems along with 
frequent hardware swaps.

Bill S