Subject: Re: [TI994A] Just in time: IDE DSR V10 of 10/10/2010

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 07:04:58 -0600 (CST)

Wow! Nice work, Fred!

Can't wait to try it out!  :)

Dec 29, 2010 06:58:12 AM, [email-masked] wrote:

Hi all,

Aftrer reading an article about finishing stuff before moving on I would like to inform you that IDE DSR V10 of 10/10/2010 is available before I start to finish all the open bottles of liquer and left overs.

V09 contained some additional functionality for using CPU ram instead of VDP ram (never released) and our insane multitasker Tim Tesch found some problems in the IDE DSR according to some file types and record lengths. This is now hopefully fixed in V10.

IDE DSR V10 can be found here:

http://members.ziggo.nl/fgkaal/Software/sw_idedsr.html#idedsr

and this is all the work done:

V09 14/03/2010
Added: All load, save, read, write functions can use CPU ram
as described at page 57 of the Myarc Hard and Floppy Disk
Controller manual:

The IDE card now also supports 2 extensions to the standard
PAB. The first extension is to support I/O to CPU RAM rather
than VDP RAM. In other words, the data buffer points to a
CPU RAM location rather than a VDP RAM location. In order to
perform CPU I/O, merely set bit 1 (where bit 0 is the MSB bit
and bit 7 the least LSB) of the OPCODE byte. Everything else
will remain the same. The second extension to the PAB is to
support total CPU RAM use of the PAB and DATA BUFFER. The IDE
DSR will assume that the PAB is in CPU ram when the MSB of
>8354 is a "1". You will need an updated DSRLNK function for
use of this feature.

Fixed: Pointer to File Descriptor Index Record (FDIR) of a File
Descriptor Record (FDR) now defined instead of leaving >0000.

v10 10/10/2010
Fixed: ide-p11h-write.inc::L3WFL$::L3WFV2
Check on record length of variable file was one to short (JHE
instead of JH), therefore a record length of 1 was illegal.

Fixed: ide-p11h-write.inc::L3WFL$::L3WFF2
Check on writing of last record that fits in sector of a
fixed file was one to short (JL instead of JLE), therefore
that last fraction of a sector was skipped.

Fixed: ide-p11h-read.inc::L3RFL$::L3RFF3
Check on reading of last record that fits in sector of a
fixed file was one to short (JL instead of JLE), therefore
that last fraction of a sector was skipped.

Fixed: ide-p11h-write.inc::L3WFL$::L3WFF2
Added extra test for checking if number of sectors was
changed since the last write so that the FDR is also marked
as changed.

Fixed: ide-p11h-rewind.inc::L3RWF$
Rewind function always caused an IO error because for RELATIVE
file R3 was not cleared indicating not EOF and R4 was not
cleared indicating no errors before return through PGEXIT.

Fixed: ide-p03h-open.inc::ADDFTP
Number of records per sector of a D/F file is 256/record
length. Number of records per sector of a D/V file is
(256-1)/(record length+1) because of the record length byte
and a sector must end with a >FF byte.

Fixed: ide-p11h-misc.inc::GNXTSC::GNXTS6
When writing to a file and the file needs more AU the DSR
tries to expand the last chain. This only worked every second
time because of a pointer in the data chain pointer blocks of
a FDR was one place to far.

Fixed: ide-p00h-basic.inc::IDEST$
IDE version number is above >09 so >0A through >FF must be
converted to BCD first before printing.

What does this all mean:
If your IDE storage device only contains files wich are copied to this device you are save.

If you have created file yourself on a IDE storage device with a basic program or editor (or whatever) than it is possible that that file become unreadable if it is fragmented.

but anyway ... enjoy.
Fred ;-)

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TI994A/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TI994A/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/