Subject: Re: [TI994A] Re: Possible RGB solution

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 19:22:10 -0400 (EDT)

There are v9938's available on eBay. Average price $25-$26. However, there  
is an offer of 10 for $195 or about $19 per chip. The same prices for 
v9958's.  That's about the same price as a 512K Static Ram was some years ago.
 
Bob  Carmany

In a message dated 3/16/2011 7:05:13 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

--- In  [email-masked], tursi <yahoogroup@...> wrote:
...
> I  had two projectors that wouldn't sync to it either.. and this went for 
 
> most of my classic systems, not just the TI. This is another reason  why 
> the F18 project is important.
>

... and an equally  important project would be an F38. But not everyone
sees all things  equally.  :(

Tony

------------------------------------

Yahoo!  Groups Links

---

From: tursi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 16:25:17 -0700 (PDT)

Yeah, it's not the availability of the VDP so much, Bob, as that there are 
fewer and fewer options for monitors to attach it to. :)

Interesting price though. :)

---

From: "Ksarul" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 07:13:31 -0400

Careful on the sourcing there-I'm pretty sure that most of the 9938/9958
chips currently offered on eBay are counterfeit.  Radiooperator is the only
seller right now that I'm sure is selling original chips. . .

Jim

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 7:22 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TI994A] Re: Possible RGB solution

There are v9938's available on eBay. Average price $25-$26. However, there
is an offer of 10 for $195 or about $19 per chip. The same prices for
v9958's. That's about the same price as a 512K Static Ram was some years
ago.

Bob Carmany

Tony

Yahoo! Groups Links