Subject: Re: [TI994A] High Speed TI RS232

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 22:26:23 EST

The original TI RS232 had selectable baud rates of 110, 300, 600, 1200,  
2400, 4800, and 9600 along with the corresponding baud rate tables. There was 
no  way to use any rate higher than 9600 for transfers because the baud rate 
value  simply wasn't there. I have re-worked at bit of the source code and 
the baud  rates are now 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 19.2K, 31.25K, and 38.4K. 
 
A few years ago, I tried to come with a high speed TI RS232 with  
indifferent success. Some of the higher baud rates worked fine and others didn't  
work so well - or at all. The problem was that I was just patching the baud 
rate  tables without doing anything with the selection side of it. Hopefully, 
this  iteration will work. Please send me your mailing address and I'll send 
out an  EPROM.

Bob Carmany  

In a message dated 12/13/2010 7:11:04 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Just curious, what has changed? Did you change the  baud-rate table to add 
higher baud rates to it? Or are there code  changes to increase speed?  

--- On Mon, 12/13/10, atrax27407  <[email-masked]> wrote:

From:  atrax27407 <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TI994A] High Speed  TI RS232
To: [email-masked]
Date: Monday, December 13,  2010, 6:51 PM

I need a couple of folks to beta-test a new high  speed version of the TI 
RS232. It will involve swapping DSRs  temporarily and sending me some 
feedback. Please contact me by private  email if you are  interested.

------------------------------------

Yahoo!  Groups Links

(Yahoo! ID required)

[email-masked] 
(mip://09ea4cd8/mc/compose?to=[email-masked])