Subject: Re: [TI994A] torrent? seeders?

From: R Halter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 08:50:09 -0600

On 11/30/2010 12:02 AM, Tursi wrote:
 > Unfortunately, since the tracker is gone, the seeds won't do much good. I
 > did take it down a couple of weeks ago when I was cleaning up my server.
 >
 > You can still use most FTP clients to leech WHTECH, it'll just take a 
little
 > longer. I could recreate the torrent, but there's not a lot of advantage
 > using torrent over FTP unless there are a number of active seeders.

(copied from my response on AA):
FWIW, whenever I turn on Bittorrent, I seed the WHT torrent.  Since 
torrents are moving away from centralized trackers, peers are still able 
to connect to seeds and download (even without a tracker).  I turned on 
BT just now and saw 1 peer, but he/she never connected, so I turned it 
off again, since I'll be shutting down the 'puter soon.

-- 
"Don't it always seem to go, you don't know what you got till it's gone."
    -- Joni Mitchell, "Paved Paradise"

"Even if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
    -- Rush, "Freewill"

"And every Saturday we work in the yard.  Pick up the dog doo, hope that 
it's hard."
    -- Joe Walsh, "Ordinary Average Guy"