Subject: Re: BASIC on Cart Contest

From: Teresa Masters <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 02:39:34 -0800

What a great read. My congratulations to all who participated. I  
enjoy reading the mechanics and the wonderful cooperative spirit I  
see here. You all do yourself proud.
I am curious about the Beryl game. Is the author a rockhound as I am?

Keep up the great work.
Thanks,
Terrie

---

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 09:36:39 -0500

Hi Terrie... Check out this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GE7-nqsTfo

"The Legend of Beryl Reichardt" is a CRPG ((C)omputer (R)ole (P)laying
(G)ame) currently in development for the TI-99/4a home computer.  It is
written in two languages, Extended BASIC and assembly (TMS9900 is CALL
LINKed to provide speed for XB when a function or routine is too slow to
execute it efficiently).  It's my first "RPG" and my 4th overall game
project.

Currently, I am working towards releasing the first demo--- should be
playable by early March.  As of now, you can explore a couple different
worlds... Battle sequences are not implemented yet, as I'm still working out
the algorithm for combat.  In this video, you can see the majority of work
I've done so far, but since the video I have made some excellent progress.
=)

---

From: "jacques" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 10:45:29 -0400

Owen.

I wonder if Terrie was referring to #4 below:

1) Dedalus--W. Maalouli
2) Aperture--A. Haase
3) BloxoTIz--Howie Uman
4) Beryl: Search For Minerals--sometimes99er
5) Sokoban--Lucien Baumann
6) Smart Ball--Alessandro Betori

Regards,

Jacques

---

From: Owen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 11:00:23 -0500

Ha!!!  Thanks for the heads up.... ;)

Terrie, I wasn't paying close enough attention.  Sorry.  :)

Firebrandmusic.net

On Feb 16, 2011, at 9:45 AM, "jacques" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> ------------------------------------
> 
> Yahoo! Groups Links
> 
> 
>