Subject: Another type of Problem

From: "BobK" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 03:26:16 -0000

I am trying to transfer programs back and forth from my TI to PC using HyperTerm  and MFM ,it worked on the PEB setup but now that I have gone to the Micro Expansion unit I need to set it up again but when I get as far as to send the file from the PC to the TI I pick the file I want and click send but nothing happens, I get a message sometimes "Unrequested response" and no transfer, then after awhile it times out, when I try the TEST Mode I can type on the TI and I can get whatever I type to show on the monitor but not on the PC monitor, I get no response when I type on the PC keyboard, neither the TI nor the PC show any typing progress.

I know it must be something not set right but I cannot remember what does this, I haven't had to do any RS232 setup in quite awhile, back in the modem days I probably knew the answer but not anymore.

Anyone have any ideas or remember the setup?

Bob

---

From: fdos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 May 2011 08:55:32 -0700

Bob,

HyperTerm can be finicky.  Try lowering your baud rate to 2400bps then 
go back to 19.2Kbps after it works at the lower rate.

Bill S

-- 
Bill R Sullivan (FDOS)
Go Forth+ or X4th99

---

From: Gregory McGill <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 08:59:18 -0700

I recommend qmodem pro.. best ansi term for the windows PC

go to http://www.thekeep.net then look in the file libraries under IBMCOMM
there should be the file and the patch to make it 'registered' in there.  If
you don't already have an account you'll have to create one, be sure and put
the info it requests or it will auto-delete you.

Greg

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 8:55 AM, fdos <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > I am trying to transfer programs back and forth from my TI to PC using
> HyperTerm and MFM ,it worked on the PEB setup but now that I have gone to
> the Micro Expansion unit I need to set it up again but when I get as far as
> to send the file from the PC to the TI I pick the file I want and click send
> but nothing happens, I get a message sometimes "Unrequested response" and no
> transfer, then after awhile it times out, when I try the TEST Mode I can
> type on the TI and I can get whatever I type to show on the monitor but not
> on the PC monitor, I get no response when I type on the PC keyboard, neither
> the TI nor the PC show any typing progress.
> >
> > I know it must be something not set right but I cannot remember what does
> this, I haven't had to do any RS232 setup in quite awhile, back in the modem
> days I probably knew the answer but not anymore.
> >

---

From: "BobK" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 May 2011 03:40:27 -0000

O.K. I am going to have to admit that I messed up, like I stated it's been awhile since I messed with serial communication stuff but I swear that it really did work with my PEBox RS232 card, I am now using the CorComp Microexpansion unit and when I tried using it I got the error but after sitting and looking at the screen for awhile it occurred  to me to create a new HyperTerm setup and while doing that I noticed that it starts with Hardware control and I need xon\xoff and that fixed the problem as far as I can see.

Thanks

Bob K.