Subject: 2011 Jim Peterson Achievement Award Announcement

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 00:04:51 EDT

Dear TI99ers,

It is with honor and  great pleasure to announce and congratulate the 
following 
recipients of the  2011 Jim Peterson Achievement Awards.

TI-99/4A Software: Mike Brent (Tursi)

TI-99/4A Hardware:  Jaime Malilong

TI-99/4A Community Service: Filip  Van Vooren

Also, in recognition of their lasting achievements,  contributions and 
dedication 
to and for the TI99 community, it is with great  pleasure to announce the 
presentation of the 2011 Jim Peterson Lifetime  Achievement Award to 
Terrie Masters and Tim  Tesch.

Again, congratulations to the deserving recipients of  these prestigious 
awards, 
and thanks to all who participated.

I ask  that either the awardees or knowledgeable person(s) provide me with 
either 
a  contact E-mail address or the land mail address needed to mail the 
respective  
award certificates.  This information can be sent to me at  
[email-masked] or 
to 13246 Harper Road, Strongsville, Ohio   44149-3942

Respectfully,
Glenn Bernasek, Administrator
Jim Peterson  Achievement Awards

---

From: "Tursi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 22:54:08 -0700

>TI-99/4A Software: Mike Brent (Tursi)

Thank you to everyone who thought me worthy of something like this award, 
I'm pleased and a little embarrassed. I hope some of my code has helped 
someone enjoy their hobby a little bit at least once in a while! :) I'm 
thrilled to see the attention our little machine is getting in the last 
couple of years, with amazing stuff to come soon that will help these 
machines into the future!

I remember back when Texaments started a little program to try and make sure 
the TI had software up till at least the year 2000. I don't actually know 
how well that program went, but here we are at 2011 and there is still new 
things to see!

Also my sincere congratulations to Jaime, Filip, Terrie and Tim!

---

From: "killroy732000" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 09:26:24 -0000

Dear fellow TI99ers,

I just want to say thank you.
Receiving the TI-99/4A Community Service is something I really did not expect
and which I'm very honoured about.
The people who know me well, know that I don't like to be in the middle of
things. So it's even more of a surprise.
To be honest I was a lurker in this group for a long time before I even started
posting.
From there on things moved rather quickly and so came the idea for reaching out
to "new" TI99'ers via Atariage.

Atariage was a rather controversal step and perhaps today still is.
But the last 18 months have shown that the communities can exist
next to each other, each playing its own important role.
I know quite a few Atariage members who have joined the TI-99(/)4A groups.
And I've also seen some die-hard Yahoo! TI-99/4A group members I thought I'd
never see on Atariage ;-)

The recent hardware & software developments show we can all benefit from that.

What I'm trying to say, is that each and everyone can contribute to the TI-99/4A
community in one way or another.
As a programmer, hardware guy, TI-99/4A user, gamer, ....

So don't be afraid to speak up, because there's nothing to lose and *you* do
make a difference.

Last but not least my congratulations to Tursi, Jaime, Terrie and Tim.

It's an honour to be a part of the wonderful TI-99/4A community.

Filip (retroclouds)

--- In [email-masked], gbbasics@... wrote:
> GBBasics@... or

---

From: mark wills <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 10:39:13 +0100 (BST)

This is brilliant stuff! My heartfelt congratulations to all the recipients! Well deserved!

Brilliant stuff!

Mark

---

From: Insane Multitasker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 22:55:00 -0500

It is both a surprise and an honor to be recognized among JPA recipients within the TI community. Indeed, the community is what makes this hobby so fun and exciting.  Whether you are a lurker, a writer of tomes, or somewhere in between, you can enjoy it all the same.  Fantastic. 
 
Thank you. 
 
Tim

To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 00:04:51 -0400
Subject: [TI994A] 2011 Jim Peterson Achievement Award Announcement

Dear TI99ers,

It is with honor and great pleasure to announce and congratulate the following 
recipients of the 2011 Jim Peterson Achievement Awards.

Also, in recognition of their lasting achievements, contributions and dedication 
to and for the TI99 community, it is with great pleasure to announce the 
presentation of the 2011 Jim Peterson Lifetime Achievement Award to 
Terrie Masters and Tim Tesch.

Again, congratulations to the deserving recipients of these prestigious awards, 
and thanks to all who participated.

I ask that either the awardees or knowledgeable person(s) provide me with either 
a contact E-mail address or the land mail address needed to mail the respective 
award certificates.  This information can be sent to me at [email-masked] or 
to 13246 Harper Road, Strongsville, Ohio  44149-3942

Respectfully,

---

From: "Paolo Bagnaresi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 09:10:18 +0200

Congratulations to all the winners of the  2011 Jim Peterson Achievement 
Award!
That does help keeping our community alive...

Paolo Bagnaresi

---

From: "Paolo Bagnaresi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 09:14:28 +0200

Paolo Bagnaresi

---

From: "ti99userclub" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 22:04:44 -0000

Really great Names !
Are all important names for me, i have every thing that these people did:
-Mike Brent (Tursi), i say thankyou for classic99, it's easy to use and it will have a total support on my site for all 99er's italian people.

- Jaime Maliong have created nanoPEB and CF7, an important hardware for do relive ti99 to new 2010-2011 users... i have three of these ;D and i wait for other 4 pieces to give to 4 subscribed IUC users; 

- Filip Van Vooren, is a big talent for programming ti99, i love to use his games and i can't wait for the new next one !! :D

Guys, thankyou to you and all your work... i am very happy you are the winners. 

and thankyou to all 99er community that helped me to use ti99 in all its power now that i can in 2011 ;)