Subject: Weird reoccurring problem

From: fdos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 09:05:41 -0700

I have a reoccurring  problem each time I get a Mozilla Thunderbird 
update.  I will report it to them, but I wanted to find out if anyone 
here has encountered the same problem.  Right after the update the next 
time my Thunderbird client gets mail it is able to get almost two years 
worth (the age of my accounts since coming to Arizona).  Yet I have all 
accesses set to delete all mail over 7 days old, and when I directly 
access these accounts this is the case.  There is nothing in my inbox 
over 7 days old, so how is Thunderbird able to pull two years of e-mail 
that takes me hours to delete?  This has happened 3 or four times now.

Bill S

---

From: "Ksarul" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 16:48:17 -0400

Bill, you might want to go through the compacting procedure with your
mailbox, as that physically destroys the space where those old messages lurk
after they've been deleted.  Since you've got a couple of years' worth of
mail in there, it may take a while though.

This is actually normal behavior-the mail program is just ignoring the
delete flag set on the old mail by the previous version.  The mail doesn't
go away until you do something to actively destroy it-compacting or
archiving (not sure which term is used for Thunderbird).

Jim

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
fdos
Sent: Saturday, October 30, 2010 12:06 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [TI994A] Weird reoccurring problem

Bill S