Subject: Re: [TI-99/4A] Re: A. Kludge

From: "jacques" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 21:35:33 -0300

Teresa Masters has kindly allowed me to reprint her column about Guy-Stefan 
Romano.

Jacques

89:08:01. Terrie's Corner

Guy-Stefan Romano, August 15, 1989

What a sad way to start a column. The loss of Guy touches many of us quite 
deeply. Guy was rather an incredible man. His many and varied talents 
boggled the mind.Guy was the generous genius behind Amnion and the Amnion 
Hotline. The large collection of disks and programs were of great interest 
and help to the early members of our community. This extensive collection 
resides in the libraries of many user groups. Many of the programs are 
timely today. They can certainly be used as a measuring device in evaluating 
the progress of our programming members.

The hotline was always available, and in its heyday settled many a difficult 
problem. The call volume had dropped off as of late, but Dr. Romano was 
ready, willing, able, and incredibly up-to-date. He was always there when 
needed.

I had the pleasure of visiting Guy at his home in San Francisco. We had 
become friendly via phone and mail. He was exceptionally hospitable, opening 
his home and heart to me.

Among the many talents Guy had was Chef Extraordinaire. Could that man cook! 
He has written cookbooks, created and designed cookware (Amnion was/is 
ceramic pottery cookware). The meals I ate there were gastronomical 
delights.

Guy's home was filled with arts, antiques, books and music. It rivaled some 
museums. What a delight to sit there with Guy and the treasures of his life. 
He was as diverse a person as I have ever met. A master linguist, speaking 
14 or 15 languages. There was not a boring bone in his body.

Guy suffered from a debilitating bone disease, in addition to extreme light 
sensitivity. He had been until quite recently house bound. A change in 
medication gave him back some of his mobility. He actually made forays away 
from home and wandered around the Price Club the day before he died. This 
was rather wonderful for a man whose every day was spent in extreme pain.

Guy left us quickly and quietly. Untimely, as he was only 57. A couple of 
days, away from his birthday, with a great surprise awaiting him. Sad, sad, 
sad.

Goodbye my friend.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "computerclassics2000" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, September 26, 2010 8:15 PM
Subject: [TI-99/4A] Re: A. Kludge

> Jacques,
> Terrie Masters knows the answer to your question. After a visit to this 
> person's home, she wrote about it and this person's culinary expertise in 
> an LA TopIcs newsletter. Seems like she also mentioned to me once that 
> this person was quite a linguist, having the ability to speak about five 
> languages fluently.
>
> BillG
>
> --- In [email-masked], "jacques" <jgroslou@...> wrote:
>>
>> I have been reading some early editions of the 99'er magazine and noticed 
>> a
>> few letters to the editor signed by A.Kludge. He always seemed to be very
>> knowledgeable. Is this a real name? If not, does anybody know who this
>> person is/was?
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> Nominate someone to your TI99HOF
>> Check out www.ti99hof.org