Subject: Pgram Reloader v2

From: Tony Knerr <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 17:43:07 -0400

I've been going through some boxes of floppies today and found something 
I never released.
Or I never remember releasing it. :) Attached is PGRAM RELOADER V2, 
which works the
same as PGRAM RELOADER V1, but is more reliable and compact. There's no 
docs, but
the docs for V1 should suffice. If there are any questions, just ask, 
and I'll look at the source
code and figure out the answer. Source code is included on the disk. 
 From 1997.

Tony

---

From: fdos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 09:23:49 -0700

Tony,

If I ever free up a PEB slot in my TI-99/4A system, so I can put the 
P-Gram+ back in, I'll check it out.  However, I didn't get the 
attachment, so pending a download location also.

Bill S

-- 
Bill R Sullivan (FDOS)
Go Forth+ or X4th99

---

From: Tony Knerr <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 17:11:10 -0400

Bill,

If you don't get the attachments in your emails, you could always click 
the "Attachments"
link on the left side of the homepage. I always get them, so I know 
they're being sent.

Tony

---

From: mark wills <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 09:54:51 +0100 (BST)

Is there any way to make MESS use PC keys for TI Functions?

I.e. the cursor keys map to ALT ESDX, DEL map to ALT 1, INS map to ALT 2 etc?

It's driving me mad. If anyone has the config fle for this (if it is possible at 
all) can they send it to me?

Thanks

Mark

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 11:47:30 +0000 (UTC)

Mark 

Sorry never used Mess, so can not say. My RXB always uses Arrow keys and ESDX. 

Rich 

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "mark wills" <[email-masked]> 
To: [email-masked] 
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 1:54:51 AM 
Subject: [TI994A] MESS and PC Keyboards 

It's driving me mad. If anyone has the config fle for this (if it is possible at all) can they send it to me? 

Thanks 

Mark

---

From: "Michael Zapf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 15:00:02 -0000

Hello Mark,

try the "natural keyboard" (http://www.ninerpedia.org/index.php/File:Messosd.png, "Keyboard mode"). It's not perfect but much closer to the PC keyboard.

I noticed, however, that keyboard repeat seems to stop working in that mode.

Michael

---

From: fdos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 08:11:55 -0700

OK.  I get some from other TI groups (I don't know which off hand). 
I'll add this to my list of "hobby things to do", so when a free slot 
comes available P-Gram update.

Bill S

-- 
Bill R Sullivan (FDOS)
Go Forth+ or X4th99

---

From: mark wills <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 16:19:24 +0100 (BST)

Hi Michael

It makes no difference at all on my machine.

I'm pressing scroll-lock to toggle between full and partial keyboard emulation, 
correct?

Nothing changes.

Also, on this page:

http://www.ninerpedia.org/index.php/Change_MESS_menu_mode_key

I searched my mess.ini file for uimodekey- it's not there!

Also, there is no section in the MESS ini file called MESS SPECIFIC OPTIONS. In 
fact, my entire INI file looks completely different.

I'm running a standard MESS V0.142 install from the MESS web site.

Any ideas?

Mark

----- Original Message ----
> From: Michael Zapf <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Tue, 12 April, 2011 16:00:02
> Subject: [TI994A] Re: MESS and PC Keyboards
> 
> 
> 
> Hello Mark,
> 
> try the "natural keyboard" 
>(http://www.ninerpedia.org/index.php/File:Messosd.png, "Keyboard mode").  It's 
>not perfect but much closer to the PC keyboard.
> 
> ------------------------------------
> 
> Yahoo!  Groups Links
> 
> 
> 
>

---

From: fdos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 08:18:53 -0700

Michael,

How close are you to a TI-99/4P with SNUG PC keyboard operation?

Bill S

-- 
Bill R Sullivan (FDOS)
Go Forth+ or X4th99

---

From: Gregory McGill <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 10:27:11 -0700

Mark,

keyboard mode is set in the settings menu.. you use scroll lock to go to
partial mode, then tab to get the menu, then its set in input I believe
http://www.ninerpedia.org/index.php/File:Messosd.png  is a picture of the
menu I removed the trailing comma he had there

If your mess.ini or equiv doesn't have the SDL KEYBOARD MAPPING section
perhaps its time to generate a new one

Greg

---

From: "Michael Zapf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 18:33:18 -0000

Hello Mark,

when you press Scrl-Lock, and this key is recognized as the mode key, you should get a small pop-up message saying you are in partial or full keyboard emulation mode. If nothing happens your mode key does not work.

In fact the mess.ini file is subject to change between different MAME/MESS versions. If you notice error messages on start (by command line) you should recreate the ini file: delete it, and on next start of MESS you need to check and restore the settings in "properties". 

The section "MESS SPECIFIC OPTIONS" need not appear if there are no such options yet. Anyway, it's just a comment. You can directly add that option "uimodekey" at the end of the ini file. 

Michael

---

From: "Michael Zapf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 18:37:48 -0000

Hi Bill,

> How close are you to a TI-99/4P with SNUG PC keyboard operation?

ehm ... didn't look there yet, sorry. 

Keyboard handling is a bit suboptimal anyway, considering the strange capslock/alphalock relation. Good opportunity for me to check that as well.

Michael

---

From: fdos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 10:44:27 -0700

It sure is a nightmare having to switch between "Normal" and "Emulated" 
keyboard operations, and sometimes the process is destructive as the 
real keyboard buffer will spew out the keys previously pressed right 
after switching between the two.

For large scale file editing (TurboForth screens currently) I find 
myself using the MESS Geneve emulator, but then testing has to be done 
in the MESS TI-994A with EVPC for 80 column stuff.  Fortunately, the 
same TF fileblocks can be used with MDOS Forth+.

No amount of practice can make my fingers type on a PC keyboard as if it 
were a TI-99/4A keyboard, so I can't use the "Emulated" keyboard on a 
continuous basis, as when I look up I see I've typed a lot of garbage 
that, believe it or not, won't work in TI Forth or TurboForth. :-)

Bill S

-- 
Bill R Sullivan (FDOS)
Go Forth+ or X4th99

---

From: "Tursi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 16:16:08 -0700

>that, believe it or not, won't work in TI Forth or TurboForth. :-)

Maybe you just need to switch to Perl!! ;)

---

From: fdos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 17:52:06 -0700

Can Perl convert my PC keystrokes to TI-99/4A emulation keystrokes?

Bill S

-- 
Bill R Sullivan (FDOS)
Go Forth+ or X4th99

---

From: "Tursi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 18:43:00 -0700

> Can Perl convert my PC keystrokes to TI-99/4A emulation keystrokes?

No, but it can probably execute the line noise. ;)