Subject: Re: [TI994A] Re: IDE pulse check.....

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 13:04:44 -0500 (EST)

Check Unicorn Electronics as well. They have a bunch of "unobtainable"  
stuff.
 
Bob Carmany  

In a message dated 3/12/2011 12:59:41 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

I just  went through Thierry's parts list on his website, and all the
74LS chips  for the card as well as the Static Ram are available from 
Jameco in DIP  packages. He used a dip switch on his original prototype
instead of the  rotary switch, and that's readily available. I'm 
certain without even  looking that the capacitors and resistors are
available. If you've got the  clock chip sorted out, that oughta do 
it. Ready, set,  go!

Tony  

--- In [email-masked], Marc Hull  <marc.hull@...> wrote:
>
> Well I have not verified that  indeed all components are available as 
through hole although Thierry did tell  me that his first version was a wire 
wrapped one so I am assuming that this is  the case.Â  I also assume that my 
statement about you did not offend  becauseÂ  certainly did not mean it to.Â  
In short I hope my  assumptions have not made an ass of me....
> 
> As far as the  clock chips go.....Â  Cursory research showed the BQ4847 
as the easiest  and cheapest to obtain.Â  Not always the best solution I know 
but the  others are approaching the realm of unobtainium.Â  If push comes 
to shove  then the clock chip could be eliminated AFAIK and replaced with a  
battery.Â  The big bang here is the file storage if you were to ask  me.
> 
> So I know.... what is the advantage of the 4852 ?
>  

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups  Links