Subject: Re: [TI994A] Some problems

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 22:11:43 -0400 (EDT)

Jacques,
 
I have a similarly configured system (including TF) but  have not 
experienced any of the problems that you cite. I don't think TF or the BwG is the 
culprit. Most likely, there is a fault in the  HDR4000.
 
Bob Carmany

In a message dated 7/14/2011 7:45:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Over the  last few days I have been experiencing problems with my HRD 4000 
card.  Yesterday I had to reload the ROS a few times and  before I turned 
in  
last night I could no longer get the card to respond. Today I removed the  
card from my PEB and also removed the batteries so I could recharge them.  
At 
the moment I cannot access this HRD card from CFG so that I can load  ROS.

Using MiniMemory to access C 1000 from Easy Bug I can toggle on  the front 
red light and also turn it off but the card will not appear when  I run the 
CFG program. I have a second smaller HRD card that does appear.  Any 
suggestions on what I should try next. Remember that I am not a high  tech 
guy and if that is what is required I will have to send the card off  to 
someone who is.

I have a BwG disk controller card and I am not  sure that it is the culprit 
with my second problem. About the time that I  started using TurboForth a 
few 
months ago, and I do not want to imply that  it caused this problem, I 
found 
that I could not use Curtis Provance's  TEXTLOADER program and that I also 
could no longer Archive files from my  TI-99/4A. Also I cannot copy a large 
file (such as TF BLOCKS) using  DiskReview from Funnelweb. Usually I also 
have problems copying these  larger files using DM-1000. The only disk 
manager program that seems to  always copy files of any size is DSKU. 
Yesterday before my problems with  my HRD card started I tried to assemble 
a 
small source file (10 sectors)  from Funnelweb and it locked up my TI. The 
BwG DC locks up and shows a  continuous green light. Since I have a HSGPL 
card I also tried using the  Directory from the RXB module and it would not 
read DSK1. This seems to be  a disk controller problem but because I can do 
some disk manager functions  other than those described above and because 
DSKU works without problems I  have to wonder. Again any suggestions.

The rest of my TI-99/4A still  works properly but with reduced disk access 
because my HRD 4000 card  supported DSK3 to DSK7 plus DSKA. For now I will 
have to reorganize my  activities around DSK8 and DSK9 on the other HRD 
card 
and use my two  floppy drives. I also have PC99 and TI994w set up on my PC 
and I still  have a serial connection between my TI and my  PC.

Jacques

------------------------------------

Yahoo!  Groups Links

---

From: "jacques" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 23:41:22 -0300

Bob,

I am inclined to agree with you. I was in the process of using an original 
copy of ROS to configure my HRD 4000 when I lost the ability to load its 
ROS. My DC problems continue with my smaller HRD so I will reinstall from an 
original copy of ROS to see if this eliminates my problem.

Thank you for the comment,

Jacques