Subject: TurboForth V1.0 Release

From: mark wills <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 15:13:49 +0100 (BST)

Hi All, sorry for the spam.

TurboForth V1.0 will be released on Monday the 18th April 2011.

TurboForth Software:
--------------------
It will be available in Emulator Format, at http://turboforth.net for the 
following emulators:

* Classic99
* MESS
* Win994A
* TI994W

It will also be available as a 16K plug in cartridge for TI-99/4As.

For USA, please contact Bob Carmany ( [email-masked] ) for details of how to 
obtain a cartridge.

For Europe, please contact myself.

Using TurboForth Book:
----------------------
The book is still in development, but progressing nicely. Now I that the 
code-base has matured and is stable, I can vastly accelerate the book. I will be 

working on the book as a top priority over the next few weeks. I would like to 
have the book available on Lulu.com within the next 3 to 4 weeks. It will take 
longer to appear on Amazon, as it takes quite a while to get an ISBN number. 
However, theoretically, once the ISBN is assigned, you should be able to walk 
into any book shop in the world and order a copy. I, of course, will be trying 
exactly that ;-)

Website:
--------
Work will start on http://turboforth.net as soon as the book is done. The book 
is now the number 1 priority. However, the download page on turboforth.net will 
go live on Monday.

YouTube Videos: Tutorials/How To's
----------------------------------
Over the coming months I'll be adding many videos to YouTube (in addition to the 

ones already there) on how to use TurboForth. These videos will also be linked 
on TurboForth.net. You are of course welcome to produce your own videos. The 
more the merrier. Please go for it! Let's spread the word people!

General:
--------
TurboForth has taken the last two years of my life. Many parts of TurboForth 
have been re-written, sometimes more than twice! The result is a very fast, 
stable, Forth programming environment that runs on real hardware. That was very 
important to me. It must run on real hardware.

We now have a fast programming environment for our beloved TIs in the form of a 
simple cartridge, like Extended Basic or EA. At start-up, nearly all of the 32K 
is available to you for your programs. SAMS memory support will be added in the 
very near future, in the form of a loadable library (downloadable from 
turboforth.net in either source code format or in disk (TI-FILES) format.

I hope the TI community will take a serious look at TF, and take it to their 
hearts. It's been a long slog writing it. I would be delighted if the community 
uses it and enjoys it. I will certainly do all I can to help and support all TF 
users. Please use the mailing list to post any questions. I also hang out at 
Atariage quite a bit.

Finally, please spread the word! Please feel free to re-post this on any retro 
websites etc. Let's see if we can get a nice 4A buzz going!

Regards

Mark Wills