Subject: TI99HDX

From: Gregory McGill <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 22:43:42 -0800

Ok,

After seeing that Fred has made a version that supports the stock rs232
cards. I had to check it out.

Step one - copying the dsk image contents to the 99/4a, downloaded the disk
image from http://members.ziggo.nl/fgkaal/Hardware/hw_ti99hdx.html#ti99hdx
(they
are all the same image in all the sections)
  unzip - unzipped file to extract the v9t9 disk image
  ti99pc - converted v9t9 disk to tipc disk
              copied contents of tipc disk to an archiver file
 magicfm - xmodemed archiver file to the 99/4a
 arc303 - unarchived file

ran the program for the serial port version also known as the nanopeb
version

So far so good! It looks like dm2k!  No help in the help for using it other
than the standard dm2k functions.. hmm. Maybe I need to read the readme file
:)   read that.. not much help there other than explaining which program is
which and the cool technojumble of how the protocols work..

Ok so i unpack the pc side zip. read the ... there is no read me file.. ok
I'll just run it.. runs. looks like Fred's other cool PC programs.. loads up
set up already for com1 38kbaud as it should be per the web site..

back to the TI..  lets try SRC: HDX1.   nope gives me a file error, check
the PC side, yes the files and disks directories are set to somewhere that
doesn't exist. set to a temp dir.. nothing in there now.. so still won't
catalog

ok lets try SRC: DSK1.  yep that works.. loads the catalog of my disk.. so I
select a file and copy it to DST: HDX1.  and that works!  and the file is
now there in my temp dir! how cool is that..

Ok lets copy a known good classic99 file into that dir..  catalog on the
dm2k on the 4/a SRC: HDX1.  and it sees just the first file and not the new
one..  TI99DIr tells me why.. one is v9t9 format, the other is TIFILES..
converted the TIFILES to v9t9 using TI99dir .. checked catalog again and it
sees it now..

Ok selected that file and copied it to the 99/4a DSK1. with the utility..
 tested and it works fine!

couple suggestions for Fred:
- An explanation of what to put in for the devices in the readme? I figured
it out but most of the other guys probably wont.
- A documentation section on how to use disk images on the PC side? no idea
from this side without some help

This worked for me out of the box using my corcomp rs232 card, and a black
box super smart rs232 cable (quick cabler-50) I love these things..  they
figure out the cable handshaking for me.. so I don't have too.  copied a
file both directions..

Greg