Subject: Re: [TI994A] Slightly off-topic (maybe :-)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 18:55:16 -0500 (EST)

Thanx, but the problem is that I would literally have to string a ling from 
 one end of the house to another.
 
Bob  Carmany

In a message dated 1/21/2011 5:29:02 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Have you tried Fred's  cool HDX serial port utility?  Way easy.. you just 
use dm2k type  interface to pull v9t9 format files down and up from and to 
the pc.    Works great  

Greg

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 1:33 PM, atrax27407 <[email-masked] 
(mailto:[email-masked]) > wrote:

I am currently using Fred Kaal's TI99Dir and PC-TRANSFER to move programs  
from my desktop PC to my TI. The problem is that the 3.5" drive in the PC  
(Compaq) went out. In trying to get it replaced, I found that the drive is a  
"proprietary" drive. I have found a replacement and, while waiting for it 
to  arrive, would like to pose this question. I have a USB TEAC that is "plug 
 and play" in both windows XP and Windows 7. However. it will not read 720K 
 disks even though the packaging clearly says that it will. The problem I  
believe is in the Microsoft driver software. (TEAC USB UF000x generic  
driver). Does anyone know of a driver that will enable the TEAC USB drive to  
read/write 720K disks - or a PC application program that will accomplish the  
same thing? Or. a way to read the files from a 1.44Mb disk and write them to  
a TI-Formatted disk?

I would use Paolo's program but both of my  machines are 64-bit which 
precludes using it.

---

From: Gregory McGill <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 16:08:42 -0800

Well then sneaker-net it is!  I'm thinking it'd be better to jerry-rig in a
new 'real floppy drive' to the motherboard. What model compaq is it?

Greg
(who has ethernet strung from one end of his place to the other)

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 3:55 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
>
>  Thanx, but the problem is that I would literally have to string a ling
> from one end of the house to another.
>
> *Bob Carmany
>
>
> On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 1:33 PM, atrax27407 <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>>
>>
>> "proprietary" drive. I have found a replacement and, while waiting for it to
>> arrive, would like to pose this question. I have a USB TEAC that is "plug
> *