Subject: Richard Bell

From: "Postle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 16:48:52 -0000

Richard,

I have seen the results of your repair/upgrade work.  There is more to our TI-99/4A equipment than just the components being place on a board.  You and the others mentioned keep my equipment running.   At least for a real TI that is.  What I have received back from you works and works well.  And...  It has personallity.  Meaning I get a quality product in return.  You have for many a year provided a service of which I know I could not do myself.  Thank You for taking the time.  I just seen a Geneve for sale where $1,500 was the asking price.  Having built a TI-99/4A system or two, I can see where that kind of price demand is possible.  Not a card, but a fully functional system.  The recently added SCSI System cost about $550.  But they are so, so sweet.

I have recieved PEB Cards from sellors stating this card was worked on by Richard Bell.  Noting your sibnature and a date was place there.  You may have older hands and older eyes today.  But, you are still Richard Bell the best and friend of the TI Community.

Postle

---

From: Gregory McGill <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 09:42:30 -0800

Richard brought my third hand Geneve back from the dead.  Also has helped
troubleshoot problems with my Corcomp clock and HFDC (that turned out to not
be problems!)  he rocks!  I wish I had lots of money to spend on the hobby
to pay him for new stuff :)

Greg

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 8:48 AM, Postle <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
>
> Richard,
>
> I have seen the results of your repair/upgrade work. There is more to our
> TI-99/4A equipment than just the components being place on a board. You and
> the others mentioned keep my equipment running. At least for a real TI that
> is. What I have received back from you works and works well. And... It has
> personallity. Meaning I get a quality product in return. You have for many a
> year provided a service of which I know I could not do myself. Thank You for
> taking the time. I just seen a Geneve for sale where $1,500 was the asking
> price. Having built a TI-99/4A system or two, I can see where that kind of
> price demand is possible. Not a card, but a fully functional system. The
> recently added SCSI System cost about $550. But they are so, so sweet.
>
> I have recieved PEB Cards from sellors stating this card was worked on by
> Richard Bell. Noting your sibnature and a date was place there. You may have
> older hands and older eyes today. But, you are still Richard Bell the best
> and friend of the TI Community.
>
> Postle
>
>  
>

---

From: fdos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:36:52 -0700

I agree.  We all need to be aware of what Richard Bell and Tim Tesch 
bring to our community.  Trouble-shooting and repairing complex circuit 
boards like the Geneve, HFDC, SCSI and IDE cards is a real talent.  I 
know we have others that create new modules and circuit boards that we 
appreciate and honor also, but Richard and Tim are the guys that keep 
our hobby systems purring--as long as they're not emulators. :-)

Keep on "trucking" as we do appreciate all that you do for this community.

Bill S