Subject: Forth questions pt. 2

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 22:33:44 -0500

Here's a video of my problem... maybe this can explain in film better than I
can in words.  =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VeVO3r4nc4

---

From: fdos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 08:27:26 -0700

Owen,

Someone who uses or has used Wycove Forth should respond to this post. 
I never brought Wycove over to emulation, so I don't use it now nor did 
I ever really do anything much with it.  I only picked it up second hand 
to see what the differences are between it and TI Forth.  Everything I 
did in the early days was with TI Forth, Super4th, then TI Forth for 
MDOS, and then I enhanced this one to Forth+ (released December of 1993) 
which is all I used up until a few years ago when I started developing 
X4th99 from TI Forth using lots of Forth+ source code and development plans.

What I see in your video is indeed strange.  Although we see the 
familiar OK when you FLUSHed the contents of the BLOCK you EDITed.  It 
sure seems like you were using a volatile RAMDISK as mass storage, but 
I'm sure you would have told us if that were the case.  I have no other 
ideas.

Bill S

-- 
Bill R Sullivan (FDOS)
Go Forth+ or X4th99

---

From: Owen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 10:39:24 -0500

Just Classic99.  It has, what you might call, a mass storage capability.  :) But I'm running it in standard mode, no RAMdisk, SAMS, nothing.  Should be working--- I am going to try a suggestion Bob made and report back.  

Thanks for your help Bill.... You got a copy of Forth+ I can play with?  Or is it Geneve only?  I could play with it in Geneve emulation I suppose...  :)

Forth is awesome.... Check out this video of a Jupiter Ace running a game called "Moon Buggy"--- similar to our "Moon Patrol" but B&W and in Forth.  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiM1shUGrgo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Firebrandmusic.net

---

From: fdos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 09:11:59 -0700

Owen,

The complete Forth+ 1.01 with full documentation is on WHTECH.  Free for 
download and use by anyone--just not Public Domain.  It is MDOS only and 
works very well in the MESS Geneve emulator.  Although recent versions 
have caused a slight problem with exiting the Forth+ editor, but not 
disastrous, and no intention of fixing it in Forth 1.01--Forth+ 2.00 if 
that ever becomes a reality.  I'll explain in detail if you decide to Go 
Forth+ 1.01.

Bill S

On 2/24/2011 8:39 AM, Owen wrote:
> Just Classic99.  It has, what you might call, a mass storage capability.

  :) But I'm running it in standard mode, no RAMdisk, SAMS, nothing. 
Should

be working--- I am going to try a suggestion Bob made and report back.
>
> Thanks for your help Bill.... You got a copy of Forth+ I can play with?

Or is it Geneve only?  I could play with it in Geneve emulation I 
suppose...  :)
>
> Forth is awesome.... Check out this video of a Jupiter Ace running a game

called "Moon Buggy"--- similar to our "Moon Patrol" but B&W and in 
Forth.  :)
> On Feb 24, 2011, at 10:27 AM, fdos<[email-masked]>  wrote:
>
>> Owen,
>>

-- 
Bill R Sullivan (FDOS)
Go Forth+ or X4th99

---

From: Owen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 11:15:27 -0500

Thanks a million, Bill.  

Do some YouTube searches for Jupiter Ace... They did some great stuff with Forth.  :)

Firebrandmusic.net

---

From: fdos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 09:44:19 -0700

Owen,

A million welcomes.  If I can find some time.......

Bill S

On 2/24/2011 9:15 AM, Owen wrote:
> On Feb 24, 2011, at 11:11 AM, fdos<[email-masked]>  wrote:
>
>> Owen,
>>

-- 
Bill R Sullivan (FDOS)
Go Forth+ or X4th99