Subject: TI-99 Faire (CTIUG) webpage

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 11:19:27 -0500

On Marc Hull's suggestion, I've started work on a page dedicated to the
upcoming and future TI Faires.  I just started an hour ago, so it's still
VERY sparse and lacking a ton of information.  I was hoping to convince some
of you to send me some additional information and give me some suggestions
for how you'd like to see the site develop.  It is, of course, an unofficial
webpage (until we get it further along, and then I'll submit it to the CTIUG
for approval) but I want it to look as nice as possible.  I'm currently
working on some photo collages and some brightly colored borders and
dividers.  In the meantime, please check it out and give me some suggestions
with how to proceed.  Again, what you see is about an hour's worth of work,
so I haven't really done anything but set up the page.  =)  Thanks in
advance.

http://www.opry99er.com/tifaire.php

---

From: Gregory McGill <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 10:40:35 -0800

Hmm..there's no LIKE button on yahooemails :)

---

From: Insane Multitasker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 17:26:32 -0600

I didn't get to see the site before it was taken down.  Any further developments?

To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 11:19:27 -0500
Subject: [TI994A] TI-99 Faire (CTIUG) webpage

On Marc Hull's suggestion, I've started work on a page dedicated to the upcoming and future TI Faires.  I just started an hour ago, so it's still VERY sparse and lacking a ton of information.  I was hoping to convince some of you to send me some additional information and give me some suggestions for how you'd like to see the site develop.  It is, of course, an unofficial webpage (until we get it further along, and then I'll submit it to the CTIUG for approval) but I want it to look as nice as possible.  I'm currently working on some photo collages and some brightly colored borders and dividers.  In the meantime, please check it out and give me some suggestions with how to proceed.  Again, what you see is about an hour's worth of work, so I haven't really done anything but set up the page.  =)  Thanks in advance.

---

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 18:52:50 -0500

No, not at the moment... I believe there should be a site for the Faire...
it's 2011 now.  My initial site content might have been misleading in that
it said something like "CTIUG presents The 2011 TI-99 International
Faire"... It's obviously not a CTIUG-endorsed site---

I offer my website services for this information--- I have some really cool
ideas to make the site interactive, flashy, and brightly colored.  =)

I know Hal probably has some plans for this kind of thing, and I don't want
to step on anyone's toes--- if the CTIUG asks me to host the site, I'll
re-build it and make it public.  If nothing else, the Atariage forum will be
updated with the new info we can pull together from the Y emails.

Can't wait for the Faire this year.  It'll be one to remember. = )

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 6:26 PM, Insane Multitasker <[email-masked]>wrote:

> ------------------------------

---

From: "Klaus L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 09:57:09 -0000

I have so many Ideas for this kind of thing!

If you ask me this should not be limited to the TI Faire in Chicago but the community should come up with a central page for all information regardings ti user groups and group events like the TI Faire. This is important for us!

The key to gain new members to the groups is that every TI-99 video we upload to portals like youtube will feature a not-to-overseen link to this upcoming site. A five sec sequence at the end of the clip with enough information for the viewer to realize - hey there are people still having fun with these machine in my area and they even meet on a regulary basis. Using marketing techniques can't be a wrong thing.

I guess there are lots of people watching ti-99 videos on purpose to think back about the good old times without knowing there are still user groups for them to join in.

It's the 30th anniversary for the TI-99 guys, let's get this thing started!

I would welcome your thoughts on this.

br, Klaus