Subject: V9938 sync

From: "Tony Knerr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 21:35:56 -0000

Does the V9938 chip generate positive or negative composite sync?
I can't find this info anywhere, and thought I might ask before I go
to the trouble of wiring up a 74LS04 to invert the sync.

Tony

---

From: "Jens-Eike Hartwig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 09:19:18 +0100

Do you need a 74LS04 for TTL-level sync?
ftp://ftp.whtech.com/Powertran%20Cortex/Documentation/Cortex%20V9938%20Video%20Board%20%282-page%29.pdf
has a circuit with both positive and negative sync buffered with
transistors (see second page).
The Cortex documentation section has the V9938 Data Book, page 126
describes sync levels.

Jens-Eike

-----Original Message-----
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 22:35:56 +0100
Subject: [TI994A] V9938 sync
From: "Tony Knerr" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

Tony

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

---

From: "Tony Knerr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 14:57:19 -0000

I don't understand your question, but doing what the link below 
suggested solved the problem. Apparently the Geneve outputs positive
sync, so to use the Neobitz board, it must be converted to negative.

http://www.twobits.com/RGB/sync.html

Tony