Subject: Myarc 32k/128K/512K card

From: "epergrem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 20:17:32 -0000

Does anyone have a program which will test the memory chips in a Myarc 32K/128K/512K card?  

If not, does anyone have the specifications, such as CRU, banking, memory arrangement,etc.  so that I can write my own?

Thanks,
Ernie

---

From: "jesse_slicer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 12:25:26 -0000

I wrote one!  It's called SYSTST.  Let me fire up the ol' 4A and see if I can transfer the source over to my PC and post it for you.

---

From: mark wills <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 13:55:51 +0100 (BST)

You'll probably need to run it from MiniMemory or a Super Cart, for obvious reasons!

;-)

Mark

>________________________________
>From: jesse_slicer <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Sent: Friday, 23 September 2011, 13:25
>Subject: [TI994A] Re: Myarc 32k/128K/512K card
>
>------------------------------------
>
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
>

---

From: "jesse_slicer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 15:17:34 -0000

I transferred the file, but I checked on my PC and realized I forgot to save it on the PC side and my TI doesn't yet support Remote Desktop.  Gr.  But I do believe it was in fact designed to run from Super Cart.

--- In [email-masked], mark wills <markrobertwills@...> wrote:
> >From: jesse_slicer <jslicer@...>
> >I wrote one!� It's called SYSTST.� Let me fire up the ol' 4A and see if I can transfer the source over to my PC and post it for you.
> >
> >--- In [email-masked], "epergrem" <epergrem@> wrote:
> >>
> >> Does anyone have a program which will test the memory chips in a Myarc 32K/128K/512K card?� 
> >> 
> >> If not, does anyone have the specifications, such as CRU, banking, memory arrangement,etc.� so that I can write my own?
> >> 
> >> Thanks,
> >> Ernie
> >>
> >
> >
> >
> >

---

From: "epergrem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 17:03:53 -0000

Duh!  It just occurred to me that the Myarc card has a function called CALL RDTEST.

However, I would still be interested in anything that was written to do the same thing.

Ernie

---

From: Jeffrey White <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 13:19:04 -0700 (PDT)

Ernie,

First article in the TI Hardware Manual that Dan Eicher put together describes 
the Myarc 512K banking scheme.  It is here:

ftp://ftp.whtech.com/datasheets%20and%20manuals/Hardware/ti%20hardware%20compendium.txt

RDTEST is a good place to start.

Several other memory cards are described in this document, too.

Jeff White

________________________________
From: epergrem <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Fri, September 23, 2011 1:03:53 PM
Subject: [TI994A] Re: Myarc 32k/128K/512K card

Duh! It just occurred to me that the Myarc card has a function called CALL 
RDTEST.

However, I would still be interested in anything that was written to do the same 
thing.

Ernie

--- In [email-masked], "epergrem" <epergrem@...> wrote:
> If not, does anyone have the specifications, such as CRU, banking, memory 
>arrangement,etc. so that I can write my own?
> 
> Thanks,
> Ernie

---

From: "jesse_slicer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 01:06:36 -0000

* TI-99/4A System Tester* Copyright (C) 1990 Jesse C. Slicer* Last
modified by J. Slicer on 01/04/91
        TITL 'Assembly Source Code For System Test v1.00'       IDT 
'SysTest'
        DEF  SYSTST,SFIRST,SLOAD,SLAST
        AORG >6008SFIRSTSLOADSYSTST LWPI WORKS2       LI   R0,>AA01      
MOV  R0,@>6000       CLR  @>6002       CLR  @>6004       CLR  @>6008
LI   R0,START1       MOV  R0,@>6006       JMP  START2START1 DATA >0000
DATA START2       BYTE >11       TEXT '99/4A SYSTEM TEST'       EVEN
START2 LWPI WORKS2       LI   R7,VDPWA       LI   R8,VDPWD       LI  
R9,VDPRD
        LWPI WORKS1       LI   R5,VSBW
        LWPI WORKSP       LI   R7,VDPWA       LI   R8,VDPWD       LI  
R9,VDPRD
        LI   R0,>F081       BL   @VWTR       MOVB R0,@>83D4       LI  
R0,>F187       BL   @VWTR
        BL   @CLEAR       BL   @WRITE       DATA TITLE1,>0B40       DATA
TITLE2,>2A40       DATA TITLE3,>B640       DATA TITLE4,>DE40       DATA
TITLE5,>0641       DATA TITLE6,>A343,>0000
        BL   @GETKEY
STARTP BL   @CLEAR       CLR  @HEXDIS
START3 BL   @WRITE       DATA RAM1,>0140       DATA RAM2,>2940      
DATA RAM3,>5140       DATA RAM4,>7940       DATA RAM6,>C940       DATA
RAM7,>F140       DATA RAM8,>1941       DATA ALLABV,>9141       DATA
TOGGLE,>B941,>0000
        MOV  @HEXDIS,@HEXDIS       JNE  HEXDS1       BL   @WRITE      
DATA ON,>DA41,>0000       JMP  HEXDS2HEXDS1 BL   @WRITE       DATA
OFF,>DA41,>0000
HEXDS2 BL   @WRITE       DATA RESET,>E141       DATA EXIT,>0942,>0000
KEYS1  CLR  R1       BL   @GETKEY       CI   R1,>4100       JEQ  ALLRAM
CI   R1,>5400       JNE  KEYS2       INV  @HEXDIS       JMP  START3KEYS2
CI   R1,>5200       JEQ  STARTP       CI   R1,>4500       JNE  KEYS3
BLWP @>0000KEYS3  CI   R1,>3100       JLT  KEYS1       CI   R1,>3700
JGT  KEYS1       AI   R1,->3100       SRL  R1,>07       MOV 
@TABLE(R1),R1       BL   *R1       JMP  KEYS1
ALLRAM LI   R0,>0190       BL   @STAR       CLR  R3ALLRM1 MOV 
@TABLE(R3),@ALLRM2+>0002       JEQ  ALLRM3ALLRM2 BL   @>0000       INCT
R3       JMP  ALLRM1ALLRM3 LI   R0,>0190       BL   @UNSTAR       JMP 
START3
TEST1  BLWP @TSTCPU       DATA >0000,>8300,>0100,>0022       RT
TEST2  BLWP @TSTVDP       DATA >0028,>0000,>4000,>004A       RT
TEST3  BLWP @TSTCPU       DATA >0050,>2000,>2000,>0072       RT
TEST4  BLWP @TSTCPU       DATA >0078,>A000,>6000,>009A       RT
TEST6  BLWP @TSTCPU       DATA >00C8,SLAST,>8000-SLAST,>00EA       RT
TEST7  MOVB @GENDSR,@SVPG2       MOVB @HBA,@GENDSR       LI   R12,>1100
SBO  >00       BLWP @TSTCPU       DATA >00F0,>5000,>1000,>0112       SBZ
>00       MOVB @SVPG2,@GENDSR       RT
TEST8  MOV  R11,R10       CLR  R4       MOV  @HEXDIS,@HEXDIS       JNE 
TEST8A       LI   R0,>0139       LI   R1,>3A00       BLWP @VSBWTEST8A BL
@SETBNK       BLWP @TSTCPU       DATA >0118,>2000,>2000,>013A       BLWP
@TSTCPU       DATA >0118,>A000,>6000,>013A       INCT R4       CI  
R4,>001E       JLE  TEST8A       CLR  R4       BL   @SETBNK       B   
*R10
SETBNK MOVB @GENDSR,@SVPG2       MOVB @HBA,@GENDSR       LI   R12,>1000
SWPB R4       LDCR R4,>08       MOV  R4,R1       SWPB R4       MOVB
@SVPG2,@GENDSR       MOV  @HEXDIS,@HEXDIS       JNE  SETBK1       LI  
R3,>0136       SRL  R1,>01       BLWP @HEXOU1SETBK1 RT
* Test RAM Directly On CPU Bus >0000->FFFFCPERR  B    @ERRORTSTCPU DATA
WORKS3,$+>0002       MOV  *R14+,R0       BL   @STAR       MOV  R0,R4
MOV  *R14+,R0       MOV  *R14+,R1       MOV  *R14+,R3TSTCP1 LIMI >0001
LIMI >0000       MOV  @HEXDIS,@HEXDIS       JNE  TSTCP2       BLWP
@HEXOUTTSTCP2 MOVB *R0,@TEMP       MOVB @HEXAA,*R0       NOP       NOP
NOP       MOVB *R0,@TEST       CB   @TEST,@HEXAA       JNE  CPERR      
MOVB @HEX55,*R0       NOP       NOP       NOP       MOVB *R0,@TEST      
CB   @TEST,@HEX55       JNE  CPERR       MOVB @TEMP,*R0+       DEC  R1
JNE  TSTCP1       MOV  R4,R0       BL   @UNSTAR       RTWP
* Test VDP RAM On TMS9918A >0000->3FFFVDERR  B    @ERRORTSTVDP DATA
WORKS3,$+>0002       MOV  *R14+,R0       BL   @STAR       MOV  R0,R4
MOV  *R14+,R2       MOV  *R14+,R1       MOV  *R14+,R3TSTVD1 LIMI >0001
LIMI >0000       MOV  R2,R0       MOV  @HEXDIS,@HEXDIS       JNE  TSTVD2
BLWP @HEXOUTTSTVD2 BL   @VADR       MOVB @VDPRD,@TEMP       BL   @VADR1
MOVB @HEXAA,@VDPWD       NOP       NOP       NOP       MOV  R0,R2      
BL   @VADR       MOVB @VDPRD,@TEST       CB   @TEST,@HEXAA       JNE 
VDERR       BL   @VADR1       MOVB @HEX55,@VDPWD       NOP       NOP
NOP       MOV  R0,R2       BL   @VADR       MOVB @VDPRD,@TEST       CB  
@TEST,@HEX55       JNE  VDERR       MOV  R0,R2       BL   @VADR1      
MOVB @TEMP,@VDPWD       MOV  R0,R2       INC  R2       DEC  R1       JNE
TSTVD1       MOV  R4,R0       BL   @UNSTAR       RTWP
VADR1  ORI  R2,>4000VADR   SWPB R2       MOVB R2,@VDPWA       SWPB R2
MOVB R2,@VDPWA       RT
* Test GRAM >0000->FF7FGRERR  B    @ERRORTSTGRM DATA WORKS3,$+>0002
MOV  *R14+,R0       BL   @STAR       MOV  R0,R4       MOV  *R14+,R2
MOV  *R14+,R1       MOV  *R14+,R3TSTGR1 LIMI >0001       LIMI >0000
MOV  R2,R0       MOV  @HEXDIS,@HEXDIS       JNE  TSTGR2       BLWP
@HEXOUTTSTGR2 BL   @GADR       MOVB @GRMRD,@TEMP       BL   @GADR      
MOVB @HEXAA,@GRMWD       NOP       NOP       NOP       MOV  R0,R2      
BL   @GADR       MOVB @GRMRD,@TEST       CB   @TEST,@HEXAA       JNE 
GRERR       BL   @GADR       MOVB @HEX55,@GRMWD       NOP       NOP
NOP       MOV  R0,R2       BL   @GADR       MOVB @GRMRD,@TEST       CB  
@TEST,@HEX55       JNE  GRERR       MOV  R0,R2       BL   @GADR      
MOVB @TEMP,@GRMWD       MOV  R0,R2       INC  R2       DEC  R1       JNE
TSTGR1       MOV  R4,R0       BL   @UNSTAR       RTWP
GADR   SWPB R2       MOVB R2,@GRMWA       SWPB R2       MOVB R2,@GRMWA
RT
ERROR  MOVB *R0,R4       LI   R3,>0261       BLWP @HEXOUT       MOVB
R4,R1       LI   R3,>0286       BLWP @HEXOU1
        LWPI WORKSP       BL   @WRITE       DATA ERR,>5842       DATA
ACTUAL,>8042,>0000       LI   R12,>1100       SBZ  >00       B   
@START3
UNSTAR LI   R1,>2000       JMP  STAR1STAR   LI   R1,>2A00STAR1  BLWP
@VSBW       RT
HEXOU1 DATA WORKS1,$+>0002       MOV  @>0006(R13),R0       MOVB
@>0002(R13),R3       LI   R4,>0002       JMP  HEXER1
HEXOUT DATA WORKS1,$+>0002       MOV  @>0006(R13),R0       MOV  *R13,R3
LI   R4,>0004HEXER1 LI   R1,>3E00       BLWP *R5       INC  R0HEX1   MOV
R3,R1       ANDI R1,>F000       SRL  R1,>0004       CI   R1,>0900      
JLE  HEX2       AI   R1,>0700HEX2   AI   R1,>3000       BLWP *R5      
INC  R0       SRC  R3,>000C       DEC  R4       JNE  HEX1       RTWP
CLEAR  LI   R0,>0040       LI   R1,>2000       LI   R2,>03C0       MOVB
R0,*R7       MOVB @WORKSP+>0001,*R7CLEAR1 MOVB R1,*R8       DEC  R2
JNE  CLEAR1       RT
WRITE  MOV  *R11+,R1       JEQ  WRITE2       MOVB *R1+,R2       SRA 
R2,>0008       MOVB *R11+,*R7       MOVB *R11+,*R7WRITE1 MOVB *R1+,*R8
DEC  R2       JNE  WRITE1       JMP  WRITEWRITE2 RT
GETKEY SB   @KEYBD,@KEYBD       LWPI GPLWSGETKY1 LIMI >0001       LIMI
>0000       BL   @SCAN       MOVB @STATUS,R1       JEQ  GETKY1      
LWPI WORKSP       MOVB @KEYVAL,R1       RT
VSBW   DATA WORKS2,$+>0002       BL   @WADR       MOVB @>0002(R13),*R8
RTWP
VMBW   DATA WORKS2,$+>0002       BL   @WADR       MOV  @>0002(R13),R1
MOV  @>0004(R13),R2VMBW1  MOVB *R1+,*R8       DEC  R2       JNE  VMBW1
RTWP
VWTR   MOVB R0,*R7       MOVB @WORKSP+>0001,*R7       RT
WADR   MOV  *R13,R2       ORI  R2,>4000       JMP  RADR2RADR   MOV 
*R13,R2RADR2  SWPB R2       MOVB R2,*R7       SWPB R2       MOVB R2,*R7
RT
GENDSR EQU  >8002GPLWS  EQU  >83E0GRMRD  EQU  >9800GRMWA  EQU 
>9C02GRMWD  EQU  >9C00KEYBD  EQU  >8374KEYVAL EQU  >8375SCAN   EQU 
>000ESTATUS EQU  >837CVDPRD  EQU  >8800VDPWA  EQU  >8C02VDPWD  EQU 
>8C00WORKS1 EQU  >8304WORKS2 EQU  WORKS1+>0020
WORKSP BSS  >0020WORKS3 BSS  >0020
HEXDIS DATA >0000
TABLE  DATA TEST1,TEST2,TEST3,TEST4       DATA TEST6,TEST7,TEST8,>0000
HEX55  BYTE >55HEXAA  BYTE >AAHBA    BYTE >BASVPG2  BYTE >00TEMP   BYTE
>00TEST   BYTE >00
TITLE1 BYTE >11       TEXT 'System Test v1.00'TITLE2 BYTE >24       TEXT
'If you use this program, send $5 to:'TITLE3 BYTE >0C       TEXT 'Jesse
Slicer'TITLE4 BYTE >12       TEXT '1101 Purdom Street'TITLE5 BYTE >10
TEXT 'Olathe, KS 66061'TITLE6 BYTE >11       TEXT '* PRESS ANY KEY
*'RAM1   BYTE >1B       TEXT '1. Console "PAD" RAM (.25K)'RAM2   BYTE
>18       TEXT '2. Console VDP RAM (16K)'RAM3   BYTE >19       TEXT '3.
Low Expansion RAM (8K)'RAM4   BYTE >1B       TEXT '4. High Expansion RAM
(24K)'RAM6   BYTE >15       TEXT '5. SuperCart RAM (8K)'RAM7   BYTE >1D
TEXT '6. Myarc Disk Cntrl. RAM (4K)'RAM8   BYTE >18       TEXT '7. Myarc
512K RAM (512K)'ALLABV BYTE >13       TEXT 'A. All Of The Above'TOGGLE
BYTE >15       TEXT 'T. Toggle Hex Display'RESET  BYTE >10       TEXT
'R. Reset Program'EXIT   BYTE >0F       TEXT 'E. Exit Program'ON    
BYTE >03       TEXT 'On 'OFF    BYTE >03       TEXT 'Off'ERR    BYTE >08
TEXT 'Error At'ACTUAL BYTE >05       TEXT 'Byte:'SLAST  END
--- In [email-masked], "jesse_slicer" <jslicer@...> wrote:
>
> I transferred the file, but I checked on my PC and realized I forgot
to save it on the PC side and my TI doesn't yet support Remote Desktop. 
Gr.  But I do believe it was in fact designed to run from Super Cart.
>
> --- In [email-masked], mark wills markrobertwills@ wrote:
> >
> > >From: jesse_slicer jslicer@
> > >I wrote one!� It's called SYSTST.� Let me fire up the ol'
4A and see if I can transfer the source over to my PC and post it for
you.
> > >> If not, does anyone have the specifications, such as CRU,
banking, memory arrangement,etc.� so that I can write my own?

---

From: "epergrem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 12:16:21 -0000

Thanks Jeff,
Another of those great resources that I keep forgetting exists.  

I'm not sure what I will do with the information now that I have it, but having it gives me options. :-)

Ernie

--- In [email-masked], Jeffrey White <ti994a@...> wrote:
> the Myarc 512K banking scheme.ï¿½ It is here:
>

---

From: "epergrem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 12:17:32 -0000

Very cool Jesse.  Thanks for a copy of your code.

Ernie

---

From: "Postle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 16:15:10 -0000

Not that I will  remember on the morrow.  The Dan Eicher TI HARDWARE MANUAL was the most informative document I have ever read with concerns of the TI-99/4A I own.  Attaching history to the names I see with some regularity.  Reason to use some of the cartridges I have been given over time.  Thanks for the post.

Postle

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

--- In [email-masked], Jeffrey White <ti994a@...> wrote:
> From: epergrem <epergrem@...>