Subject: Re: [TI-99/4A] Editor Assembler bug found and squashed

From: fdos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 10:43:02 -0700

However, this is not the case for many reasons.  What I referred to as 
GROM/ROM in my HSGPL cards is in reality FLASH, so just as flexible as 
GRAM/RAM, but safer, and doesn't have to be reloaded each time I turn my 
TI system on which is not the case with GRAM/RAM unless it is battery 
backed as in the case of my 80K GK device.  (Gosh, I really have some 
nice hobby hardware to play with--life is good).

If I had multiple pages of GRAM/RAM I would have the same problem with 
MSAVE/MSAVE6 as these utilities were designed for the GK that doesn't 
support multiple GRAM/RAM pages.  So this is a short-coming that only 
exists due to my attempts to find a way to use vacant HSGPL GROM/ROM 
pages brought about by Tony Knerr's HSGPL loader program.  So it's all 
Tony's fault because I wouldn't be doing this if he hadn't released this 
program which I really enjoy (thanks Tony).  After all this is just a 
great fun hobby--not a life sustaining career field. :-)

Even the so called "bug" in the TI EA module is an unfair classification 
as normally the EA module does not contain anything like MSAVE for TI 
BASIC programs, so not a design criteria.  This should be clear to all 
as the so called "bug" was only discovered this year!

I really enjoy pushing the limits of my TI/Geneve hobby systems.  Even 
though it requires me to "drum up" lots of assistance from those in this 
community with expertise I don't have.  I wish I could do it all myself, 
but that's not in the cards I'm holding--life happens.  So enjoy it as 
much as you can, especially in your retirement years--I am.

My best wishes to all.

Bill S

On 11/9/2011 2:25 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
>
>
> Bill S
>
> Proving once again that Random Accesss Memory in GRAM or RAM is better then ROM or GROM.
>
>
>
> This is why we have Windows and Mac OS and Chrome and Linix all having not ROM but RAM only.
>
>
>
> To bad TI never figured this out.
>
>
>
> Rich
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "fdos"<[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Sent: Wednesday, November 9, 2011 10:35:55 AM
> Subject: [TI-99/4A] Editor Assembler bug found and squashed
>
> Â
>
>
>
>
> CAUTION: Another Bill Sullivan rant begins here.
>
<snip>