Subject: TMS9900 chip with additional marking MP9514

From: "Stuart" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 20:56:45 -0000

Does anyone have, or know anything about, TMS9900 chips with the additional marking "MP9514". It will probably be a ceramic chip with a gold top. I've been contacted by a chap who's after one to repair some equipment. Apparently it's not interchangeable with the standard TMS9900 chip (although its still 64-pin, 0.6" wide). I seem to recall that the MP number relates to a mask number so its probably different internally somehow.

Stuart.

---

From: tursi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 15:17:13 -0700 (PDT)

I'm not sure if this is a useful clue or not, but my 99/4 had a ceramic 
9900 with a gold top. Unfortunately, I sold that machine to a museum so I 
no longer have it, and the high res photos I took of the board show too 
much glare on the CPU to make out the markings (I didn't expect that to be 
interesting ;) ). But perhaps there's a lead there.

On Wed, 23 May 2012, Stuart wrote:
> Does anyone have, or know anything about, TMS9900 chips with the 
> additional marking "MP9514". It will probably be a ceramic chip with a 
> gold top. I've been contacted by a chap who's after one to repair some 
> equipment. Apparently it's not interchangeable with the standard TMS9900 
> chip (although its still 64-pin, 0.6" wide). I seem to recall that the 
> MP number relates to a mask number so its probably different internally 
> somehow.

---

From: "Tony Knerr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 23:52:20 -0000

At one of the last Lima Faires, I remember seeing Larry Conner with a tube of ceramic 9900's. I don't know anything more than that, but it might be worthwile trying to contact him.

Tony