Subject: Fwd: ti 994/a problem

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 19:43:14 -0400 (EDT)

____________________________________
 From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Sent: 4/21/2013 6:38:26  P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: ti 994/a problem

Hi Glenn,
I got your email address from  www.ti99ers.org website and hope this is not 
an intrusion on your  privacy.  I remember your name from back in the day 
(but right now I  can't remember for what) and thought you might be able to 
help me with a  problem I am experiencing with my 4a (or know someone who 
can).  First I  just wanted to say that I have been a 4a user since 1983 and 
was a long time  member of the CTIUG until 2000.  Anyway, the problem I am 
having is with  the 4a console itself.  When I power-up, the TI title screen 
appears as  usual but then after a moment it goes to the menu screen (without 
any  keypress) and after another moment goes back to the title screen (again 
 without any keypress).  It keeps cycling back and forth between the 2  
screens a few times and then locks-up.  I can go to TI Basic from the  menu 
screen (if I catch it quick enough) but after a few moments it too  locks-up.  
Have you ever heard of this problem and do you know (or know  someone who 
might) what is causing it?  Would like to put it back to  correct working 
order if possible.  Thanks for any assistance or advice  you may have and once 
again I apologize if I have intruded on your  privacy.  You may pass along my 
email address to anyone you think might  be able to assist me.

Best Regards,
Terry
Is there anyone out there who can provide some advice and  / or help for 
Terry?  Terry's E-mail address is: [email-masked] 
(mailto:[email-masked]) 
 
Thanks,  

Glenn
[email-masked]

Nominate TI99ers for induction into  the TI99ers Hall of Fame at 
http://www.ti99hof.org/

See Jim  Peterson Achievement Award recipients posted at 
_http://ti99ers.org/modules.php?name=jpa_ (http://ti99ers.org/index.php) 

Submit  behind-the-scene, "Unsung TI99ers" for inclusion at 
http://ti99ers.org/unsung/

---

From: Marc Hull <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 19:18:07 -0700 (PDT)

Guess only.....  9901 is flaky but it could be a host of things.  Is 1-800 TICARES still available ;-).

--- On Sun, 4/21/13, [email-masked] <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TI994A] Fwd: ti 994/a problem
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 6:43 PM

  

      

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Sent: 4/21/2013 6:38:26 
P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: ti 994/a problem

   Hi Glenn,
    I got your email address from 
  www.ti99ers.org website and hope this is not an intrusion on your 
  privacy.  I remember your name from back in the day (but right now I 
  can't remember for what) and thought you might be able to help me with a 
  problem I am experiencing with my 4a (or know someone who can).  First I 
  just wanted to say that I have been a 4a user since 1983 and was a long time 
  member of the CTIUG until 2000.  Anyway, the problem I am having is with 
  the 4a console itself.  When I power-up, the TI title screen appears as 
  usual but then after a moment it goes to the menu screen (without any 
  keypress) and after another moment goes back to the title screen (again 
  without any keypress).  It keeps cycling back and forth between the 2 
  screens a few times and then locks-up.  I can go to TI Basic from the 
  menu screen (if I catch it quick enough) but after a few moments it too 
  locks-up.  Have you ever heard of this problem and do you know (or know 
  someone who might) what is causing it?  Would like to put it back to 
  correct working order if possible.  Thanks for any assistance or advice 
  you may have and once again I apologize if I have intruded on your 
  privacy.  You may pass along my email address to anyone you think might 
  be able to assist me.

Best Regards,
Terry
Is there anyone out there who can provide some advice and 
/ or help for Terry?  Terry's E-mail address is: [email-masked]
 
Thanks, 
 
Glenn
[email-masked]

Nominate TI99ers for induction into 
the TI99ers Hall of Fame at http://www.ti99hof.org/

See Jim 
Peterson Achievement Award recipients posted at http://ti99ers.org/modules.php?name=jpa

Submit 
behind-the-scene, "Unsung TI99ers" for inclusion at http://ti99ers.org/unsung/