Subject: Re: [TI994A] Re: [TI-99/4A] Seventh Call for Votes for Jim Peterson Achieveme...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 23:04:42 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 4/14/2012 7:58:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

So what is 'The God of MESS'?  I know for what the other nominations  are.

Hi Jeff,
 
The nominator meant "The original creator of MESS".  I  hope this helps.  

Glenn
[email-masked]

Nominate TI99ers for induction into  the TI99ers Hall of Fame at 
_http://www.ti99hof.org/_ (http://www.ti99hof.org/) 

See Jim  Peterson Achievement Award recipients posted at 
_http://ti99ers.org/modules.php?name=jpa_ (http://ti99ers.org/index.php) 

Submit  behind-the-scene, "Unsung TI99ers" for inclusion at 
_http://ti99ers.org/unsung/_ (http://ti99ers.org/unsung/)

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 09:16:21 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 4/15/2012 8:35:11 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

I don't  know whether Raphael Nabet was one of the major MESS creators, but 
at least  (and that is just pretty much already) he created a lot of chip 
emulations  within MESS, in particular the complete TMS series, within the 
years  1999-2004. Also, he plugged them together to give us the system 
emulations for  the TI-99/4, 4A, 8, Geneve, and some unfinished ones.

Some years ago  (must be before 2007) he left the project, so I picked  up 
his work and  fixed the most urgent problems that appeared in the meantime, 
added some new  stuff, and rewrote virtually all the code for the previous 
device  restructuring and the now recent C++ class rewrite. 

Certainly, not  much of Raphael's code is left in the current 
implementation. But as I said,  he paved the way, and we probably would not have anything 
for the TI within  MESS without his contributions.

Michael
Thank you Michael for the much appreciated  clarification.

Glenn
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 18:07:18 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 4/15/2012 4:02:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

No, it  is definitely "Raphael". You can look at the source files in MESS, 
there is  not a single "Ralphael" (which is not a common name,  anyway).
Oops!  I must be getting too old for this  job!  Too many typos.  (Senior 
moments.)  It's a problem when  It's getting so that a typo seems to be the 
correct name spelling.  (Spell  check doesn't catch all misspelled names.)  
Thanks for the  correction.  My apologies to Raphael.

Glenn
[email-masked]