Subject: Re: [TI994A] Side Port splitter cable

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 17:34:08 -0400 (EDT)

One of the contacts in the female edge card connector broke off. The 44-pin 
 female connectors were reasonably easy to find but no longer. The same 
outfit  has them listed and I will probably buy one or two of them and repair 
the  original cable as well.
 
Anyway, I decided to just go ahead and get a new cable to eliminate any  
potential problems. I'm going to move my speech synthesizer into the second  
P-Box via one of the Rave cards. I have several fairly large RAMdisks and 
some  other miscellaneous cards that I may install as well as moving DSK3 into 
the  second P-Box. Now, if I could find a SCSI or IDE card  . . . .
 
Bob  Carmany  

In a message dated 3/22/2013 4:40:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Bob, did you try  reversing all the plugs on the old cable? You might get 
lucky and have the bad  pin connected to one of multiple grounds. 
 
____________________________________
From: "atrax27407" <[email-masked]> 
Sender: [email-masked] 
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 17:09:03 -0000
To: <[email-masked]>
ReplyTo: [email-masked] 
Subject: [TI994A] Side Port splitter cable

I got my replacement cable for the side port (i.e. P-Box)that splits the  
port into two seperate "arms". The old one had a bad contact. I am now  
plotting what additional 7 cards I can add to my system in the second P-Box.  Oh 
yes, you can get such a "beastie" at:

_http://www.iec-usa.com/cgi-bin/iec/SVindex.html_ 
(http://www.iec-usa.com/cgi-bin/iec/SVindex.html) 

It  would allow, for example, using both a P-Box AND a CF7  device.

---

From: "Postle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 22:27:46 -0000

Bob,

How are you going to supply power to two joined PEBs?  Or...  How is this all going to work?

Postle

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

--- In [email-masked], rmcarmany@... wrote:
> tonyknerr@... writes:
> From: "atrax27407" <rmcarmany@...>