Subject: Help anyone?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 10:15:54 -0500 (EST)

I ran across some Western Horizons Technology ROM/RAM cartridge boards at  
the Chicago Faire. Unfortunately, the PAL/GAL chips are missing and Non 
O'Neil  no longer has the JEDEC code for them. I wonder if anyone in this 
assemblage  either has the code or access to a copy of it?
 
Bob  Carmany

---

From: "epergrem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 16:27:31 -0000

Hi Bob,
This was a joint project of Bud Mills and WHT.  According to Bud the PALs were never produced, which is why the boards were unpopulated.  

Ernie

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 23:01:15 +0000 (UTC)

Bob and Ernie; 

Those may be the RXB  carts that WHorizon were going to make. 

At the time 3 different vendors were going to make the RXB Cart at the same time. 

Competition Computers, WHorizon, and a homemade one. Do not remember the name. 

I put the Cart code in RXB so it would know if it was a Cart and could exist with a Supercart at same time. 

It would start out in Supercart mode and the GPL Code in RXB would see if it was in XB then switch to that mode. 

So it was a EA Supercart and RXB Catridge in one package. Don and I talked about it but he was adding more. 

The switching of ROM/RAM was   

----- Original Message -----
From: "epergrem" <[email-masked]> 
To: [email-masked] 
Sent: Saturday, November 12, 2011 8:27:31 AM 
Subject: [TI994A] Re: Help anyone? 

Hi Bob, 

Ernie

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 23:03:35 +0000 (UTC)

Dang here is the GPL code for the CART MODE. 

<0285>               *********************************************************** 
<0286>               * CART   MOVE 32,G@CPUPGM,@>8300 * Put assembly into fast R 
<0287>               *      ST   >FF,@FAC           * Byte to load and check for 
<0288>               *      XML  >F0                * Execute assembly. 
<0289>               *      CZ   @FAC               * Is this a RXB Cartridge? 
<0290>               *      BS   SZEXIT             * No, exit to reset. 
<0291>               * CART   RTN                     * Yes, continue on. 
<0292>               *********************************************************** 
<0293>               *            * CPU PROGRAM FOR >8300 FAST RAM SUBROUTINE FO 
<0294>               * CPUPGM DATA >8302 * CPUPGM DATA >8302          * First ad 
<0295>               *      DATA >D820 *        MOVB @>834A,@>6FFF  * Turn on ba 
<0296>               *      DATA >834A * 
<0297>               *      DATA >6FFF * 
<0298>               *      DATA >9820 *        CB   @>834A,@>6FFF  * Is it a ca 
<0299>               *      DATA >834A * 
<0300>               *      DATA >6FFF * 
<0301>               *      DATA >1302 *        JEQ  CARTOK         * Yes. 
<0302>               *      DATA >04E0 *        CLR  @>834A         * No. 
<0303>               *      DATA >834A * 
<0304>               *      DATA >D820 * CARTOK MOVB @>834A,@>6000  * Turn on ba 
<0305>               *      DATA >834A * 
<0306>               *      DATA >6000 * 
<0307>               *      DATA >04E0 *        CLR  @>837C         * Clear for 
<0308>               *      DATA >837C * 
<0309>               *      DATA >045B *        RT                  * Return to 
<0310>               *********************************************************** 

Writing to ROM >6FFF would switch from ROM to RAM or back. Normally writing to >6000 swaps ROMs in XB. 

Rich 

----- Original Message -----
From: "epergrem" <[email-masked]> 
To: [email-masked] 
Sent: Saturday, November 12, 2011 8:27:31 AM 
Subject: [TI994A] Re: Help anyone? 

Hi Bob, 

Ernie