Subject: Re: HDX for the TI

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 20:46:56 -0000

I thought HDX was just a cable that needed to be built.  You have to modify the card?

--- In [email-masked], Gregory McGill  wrote:
>
> I just built my first HDX daughter board for the TI rs232 card.  I had a
> spare card that was already socketed for the DSR chip so that saved a lot
> of desoldering and such. Ordered the parts from mouser, they had everything
> in stock except for a 24 pin connector which I had to jerry-rig from a
> "forked" connector they had in stock.
> 
> Assembly was easy, just soldering work. Fred's design page is easy to
> follow. His pictures on the site for modifying the RS232 card are also easy
> to follow. Cut one resistor off, snip a trace or pin for the interrupt and
> add a few jumpers from the daughterboard to the main rs232 card and it's
> done.
> 
> The DSR loaded first try, no errors :)   The one thing I didn't catch in
> the docs first read was that the standard RS232 port is port 1, and the
> HDX1 port is port 2 in the TI rs232 standard. So to test I had to build a
> RS232/2 adaptor/split cable..
> 
> Still have to add a switch for the interrupt line so I can switch back to
> interrupts (the HDX mod doesn't require interrupts to operate and you cut
> the trace to make it work without a dsr until you can load one)
> 
> Now I can type OLD HDX1.APERATURE  and it loads that game in TI BASIC off
> my PC's hard drive. also can open HDX1. in DM2k and view the directory on
> the PC side.  Print to HDX1.PRINTER and it comes out on TIprint on the same
> PC using the PC's cheap printers.
> 
> Essentially a file and print server for the TI!
> 
> Greg
>

---

From: Gregory McGill <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 13:28:27 -0800

Its both

You get functionality in all programs with the DSR mod to the rs232 card.

With the program cfhdxs you get the access in a disk manager screen only.
No print or direct device access outside that app which is basically just
dm2k with hdx access

I wanted to be able to use it for more than just copying files so did the
hardware mod.

Greg
On Jan 9, 2013 12:47 PM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> **

---

From: Gregory McGill <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 13:30:48 -0800

Oh and no cable building is needed for the software its just a straight
through cable.  Cfhdxs uses rs232/1. For the hardware mod I needed an
additional rs232/2 splitter to hook the PC cable that port.
On Jan 9, 2013 12:47 PM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>