Subject: CF7+ info?

From: "kory" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 02:38:18 -0000

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone can point me to where I can get pricing for a PCB and parts list to make a CF7+..?

Thanks,
-Kory

---

From: tursi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 18:56:04 -0800 (PST)

I don't believe the CF7 is open, is it?

as far as I know you have to buy them... Ebay is the only source I know if 
there are new ones this is a good time to learn! :)

---

From: "Ksarul" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 22:12:10 -0500

Last I looked there was one Serial and one Parallel listing up. . .and Jaime
is the only source for them, as he hasn't released his code or his layouts.

Jim

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
tursi
Sent: Sunday, November 06, 2011 9:56 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TI994A] CF7+ info?

---

From: fdos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 09:36:52 -0700

Yes, this is true, but the assembled price is very attractive for either 
device, and finding large CF cards (1GB and greater) that work with 
these devices is sometimes very difficult, and there's the power supply 
issue.

Buy them from Jaime.  You'll be glad you did.

Bill S

-- 
Bill R Sullivan (FDOS)
Go Forth+ or X4th99

---

From: "kory" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 04:54:14 -0000

Hi Bill! What do the assembled CF7+ cards usually cost (ballpark) from Jaime? What is the power supply issue?

Thanks!
-Kory

---

From: fdos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 12:21:23 -0700

Kory,

The prices have crept up in recent times due to the higher cost of 2GB & 
4GB CF cards, so now at $50.00 and $60.00 without power supply.  Add 
another $10.00 for the power supply.

Early CF7+ units had 5VDC regulators, so required power supplies of 
7.5VDC to 12.0VDC, but the regulator has been removed, so that 5.0VDC 
power supplies are now used.

I have both a CF7A+ (parallel port) with 5.0VDC regulators and a NanoPEB 
(serial port) with no 5.0VDC regulator, but I use both with the same TI 
console, so when I switch them I have to remember to switch power supply 
connection also--otherwise KABOOM!

Bill S

On 11/7/2011 9:54 PM, kory wrote:
> --- In [email-masked], fdos<fdosbrs@...>  wrote:
>>

-- 
Bill R Sullivan (FDOS)
Go Forth+ or X4th99