Subject: Re: [TI994A] sad news

From: mark wills <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 09:16:47 +0000 (GMT)

sad news indeed. My thoughts go out to his family. Especially at this time of year.

God bless, RIP. 

Mark 

On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 22:47 GMT Dan O'Quinn wrote:

>Although not active with the TI in years, Travis authored T-shell, Max-rle? 
>and had a part in the paradigm BBS software (w/mike kimble, tom wills)
>W. Travis Watford
>
>NORCROSS, GA-W. Travis Watford, 52, of Norcross, GA, died in his sleep on 
>November 29, 2011.
>
>Travis was born December 20, 1958, in Columbia, SC. He was a longtime 
>resident of Cayce, SC before relocating to the Atlanta area in 1992. Travis 
>received a B.S. in Computer Science at the University of South Carolina at 
>Columbia in 1989. He worked first as a computer programmer at Policy 
>Management Systems Corporation in Blythewood, SC for three years and then as 
>a Senior Systems Architect for eighteen years at American Software in 
>Atlanta, GA. Travis was recognized both nationally and internationally for 
>many innovations in computer software.
>
>He is survived by his mother, Jacqueline Watford of Cayce, SC; three 
>brothers, N. Ernest Watford, Jr. and wife, Wendy of Athens, GA, Russell 
>Watford and wife Renee' of Fort Mill, SC, and James Watford and wife, Ellen 
>of Cayce, SC; two nieces, Jessica Delulio of Severn, MD and Josie Watford of 
>Cayce, SC; one nephew, Justin Morgan of Rock Hill, SC, and one grand-nephew, 
>Joshua Delulio of Severn, MD; and numerous aunts, uncles, and cousins.
>
>He is preceded in death by his father, Nolan E. Watford, Sr.
>
>Services will be held at 2 p.m., Sunday, December 4, 2011 at the Chapel of 
>Thompson Funeral Home of West Columbia, SC. Burial to follow in Celestial 
>Memorial Gardens. The family will receive friends at Thompson Funeral Home 
>of West Columbia, from 1 - 2 pm. Sunday, December 4, 2011.
>
>Arrangements under the direction of Thompson Funeral Home of West Columbia, 
>SC.
>Family and friends may sign the on-line guest book at: 
>www.thompsonsfuneral.com 
>
>
>
>------------------------------------
>
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

---

From: "Dan O'Quinn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 08:55:11 -0500

RAM*Boot
The last word in utilities for the Myarc 128K/512K card! RAM*Boot is a setup 
utility and RAM-disk manager for Myarc RAM-disk owners that you will wish 
had come with the card. First thing, RAM*Boot eliminates the tire-some setup 
process for the card - it will automatically partition the RAM-disk, copy 
your programs to it, and run any program for you without you having to do 
anything! After doing that RAM* Boot installs itself on your RAM-disk so 
later you can have it save your work back to floppy or even re-initialize 
your RAM-disk if it gets corrupted. RAM*Boot is unprotected so you can have 
multiple set-up disks. Requires Extended BASIC, Disk and a Myarc 
128K/256K/512K card. By Travis Watford.