Subject: Re: [TI994A] Re: CF2K - Does ANYONE have a WORKING copy?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 21:23:32 -0400 (EDT)

Some years ago, I was able to get a SNUG HSGPL card. I have RICHXB (and  
three or four other flavors of XB) in it as well as my favorite 
cartridge-based  games and, Mark Wills' Turboforth installed on it. When paired with a 
RAMdisk  containing 3 megs of my frequently used programs and data files, it 
makes a  formidable system. All of my "obscure" programs reside on 3-1/2' 
disks which I  am slowly converting to archived files and saving to a DVD with 
TI99DIR.
 
I also managed to accumulate redundant backups for all of my hardware (i.e. 
 hard drives, P-Box cards, etc.) that will last well into the next century.
 
Unless something appears on the market that is compatible with standard TI  
gear, I see little use for it. As for a TIM, got one as a backup for my  
AVPC card. 
 
Bob  Carmany  

In a message dated 7/6/2013 9:12:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

I have to  agree, though the F18 is really cool and new I do not see the 
point of a new  device that is not compatible with the best software the TI 
has ever seen.  
i.e. Funnelweb, Telco (useless today), Y.A.P.P. (TI Artist on steroids) ,  
XHI (Missing Link upgrade), X80 a 80 column Editor just to name a few.
I really miss my TIM card.

Rich

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2013 09:37:21 -0400 (EDT)

FYI, Fred Kaal has articles about using a Phillips150MT monitor and a  HAMA 
video converter on his website and Tony Knerr did a series on using a  
Samsung MP910 with a TI and Geneve on this very website about a month ago - all  
of them use native TI gear. No F18A involved.
 
Bob  Carmany  

In a message dated 7/6/2013 10:38:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

I think you guys are missing the real point of the F18A which is  to 
provide display compatibility with VGA/LCD monitors.  The 80  column feature was 
added as a bonus, never touted as a replacement for  the V9938 or V9958 in 
the various 80-column devices. 

Bob, I  had not seen anyone mention the 9938 "sense" problem.  That may be  
something Matthew would want to know about, if he doesn't already.   My 
programs generally look for the extra RAM and if they don't find it, they  
abort or revert to 40 columns.  I'm not sure how other programs are  sensing the 
chip  type.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2013 09:59:18 -0400 (EDT)

You could stack the P-Boxes. The footprint on the desk would be the same as 
 for a single P-Box. Or even stand a P-Box on end.
 
Bob  Carmany  

In a message dated 7/7/2013 9:55:54 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Thanks for the information, but unfortunately the lack of space I was  
referring to was the lack of room to put even a single P-Box. 

At the present time, I'm stuck with just a Nano-PEB of dubious  utility. 

--- In [email-masked], rmcarmany@...  wrote:
>
> 
> Did you know that you can get a P-Box Y-cable  for the TI from 
> http://www.iec-usa.com/cgi-bin/iec/SVindex.html and  run two P Boxes 
simultaneously? It 
> opens up 7 more slots for  cards.
> 
> Bob Carmany

---

From: Owen Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2013 08:45:01 -0600

You know, Bob, I hadn't considered this...  As I am now currently out of card slots, this will be a life saver when the new IDE cards come out.  :)  I have 4 P Boxes, all in great shape, but I only have cards and drives in one of them.  Thanks for this.  :)

Owen Brand
Opry99er