Subject: Diskette problems:

From: Barry Peterson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 18:36:27 -0500

I have:
A TI-99/4A with a Cor-Comp 9900 Micro Expansion System attached to a couple
of Teac 5¼" drives.

A Windows 7 laptop attached to a FC 5025 floppy controller and a single
Teac 5¼" drive.

AND, I have several gazillion 5¼" disks that I want to migrate to compact
flash modules (.DSK files)

I've been able to extract 10 SSSD disks to 10 90KB files and 25 DSSD disks
to 180KB files.

But I have had problems with some DSDD disks and would appreciate your
speculation on what's going on.

64 DSDD disks converted with no problems. Those were created on systems
using Cor-Comp controllers (at least 2, or 3 different ones).

I had consistent problems with 15 DSDD disks which came from a system using
a Myarc controller, probably a HFDC. The 15 DSDD disks tested good on the
TI system, and when I copied each of the 15 disks, the copied
disks converted with no problems on the Windows system.

My speculation is that the Myarc DSDD format is slightly different, but
it's a difference that the Cor-Comp controller can handle.

AND, is there any interest in my .DSK files? Any place to upload them?