Subject: TI-99/4A Y, R-Y and B-Y to RGB Converter

From: "Brian Tristam Williams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 10:22:13 -0000

I've finally decided to make an attempt at creating a solution for
something I've always wanted: RGB output on the TI-99/4A. I started this
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TI994A/photos/album/1327059790/pic/154543\
5629/view>   last night, based on this . We'll see what travails I
encounter along the way.

---

From: "Brian Tristam Williams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 10:25:48 -0000

Don't know what happened to the document link, but here it is again:
TMS9928/29 and TMS9128/29 Interface to Color Monitors
<http://spatula-city.org/~im14u2c/vdp-99xx/e3/SPPA004A_9928-29_9118-28_I\
nterface_to_Monitors.pdf>  - Video Display Products Application Report
by Texas Instruments.

---

From: Bill R sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 12:25:06 -0700

Why not just put a F18A in your TI console, and use a cheaper easy to 
find VGA monitor, as Analog RGB monitors are hard to find, and very 
expensive when you do find one (usually studio quality).  I stopped 
working on my TMS9928ANL project when I ordered two F18A kits last 
year.  Excellent VGA video.  No hi-res graphics, but lo-res looks clean 
and crisp.

Once done you could do a project to add external VDP RAM and registers 
for hi-res graphics.  I don't know if this is possible, but we could ask 
Matthew.

Bill R Sullivan (fdos)

On 8/21/2013 3:22 AM, Brian Tristam Williams wrote:
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TI994A/photos/album/1327059790/pic/1545435629/view> 
> last night, based on this . We'll see what travails I encounter along 
> the way.
>
>