Subject: Sad Loss

From: Teresa Masters <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 16:39:10 -0700

I have a phone message from Joan Freeman telling me that Tom passed away last night. I have not yet been able to reach her, and will continue to try. We were very close friends for such a long time. I am deeply saddened.

Tom developed Parkinson's some years ago, and lost many of his usual pleasures. Primarily the computer as he was unable to function between his eyes and fingers. Tom was a pediatrician, and had to stop his greatest joy, helping children. Walking and talking were very difficult and much of his pleasures were difficult.

Those who came to know him, enjoyed the man Tom Freeman was. 

More as I know.

Hugs,
Terrie

Teresa Masters

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 23:44:21 +0000 (UTC)

Tom was a great guy, got many good tips from him and we used to talk on the phone sometimes. 

He is already missed greatly. 

Rich 

----- Original Message -----
From: "Teresa Masters" <[email-masked]> 
To: [email-masked] 
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 4:39:10 PM 
Subject: [TI994A] Sad Loss 

More as I know. 

Hugs, 
Terrie 

Teresa Masters

---

From: "kevan064" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 00:28:49 -0000

It would be nice to see a posthumous entry for the gentleman in the 99'ers Hall of Fame.  RIP sir.

--- In [email-masked], richgilbertson@... wrote:
> From: "Teresa Masters" <tam2819@...>

---

From: "Jacques" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 16:59:51 -0300

Kevan, thank you for the suggestion. Posthumous nominations are also 
acceptable.

Let me explain the process that is followed to induct a person or group to 
the
TI99er Hall of Fame (TI99HOF).

Ever since the TI99HOF was established in early 2004 its Board of Governors 
(BOG)
has required that a nomination be supported by a nomination document 
describing why
the nominee should be considered for induction to the TI99HOF. Any TI99er 
can submit
a nomination document including a member of the BOG. The nomination document 
should
satisfy the criteria set out in our Mission Statement which states:

"The goal of the TI99ers Hall of Fame (hereafter called TI99HOF) is to 
recognize the
important, established and lasting contributions made by members of the 
TI99er
community."

Following a discussion period among the BOG members the nomination is put to 
a vote
by secret ballot. A nominee is assumed to be inducted unless more than 20% 
of the
BOG oppose the induction and provided that more than half of the total 
number of BOG
members have voted. At the present time we have twelve members on the BOG.

After the result of the vote is known the nominator is asked to submit an
appropriate biography for posting on our web site. Members of the BOG can 
assist in
the preparation of this biography, if needed. The suggested biography will 
require
consensus approval by the BOG but does not require another formal vote.

Since our BOG includes members from both sides of the Atlantic ocean you 
should not
assume that any nominee you submit is well known to all of our members. 
Accordingly
submit as much detail as possible in support of your nomination. This detail 
will
also be helpful in preparing the final biography.

Visit the TI99ers Hall of Fame at http://www.ti99hof.org/ for more details.

Jacques

-----Original Message----- 
From: kevan064
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 9:28 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TI994A] Re: Sad Loss

It would be nice to see a posthumous entry for the gentleman in the 99'ers 
Hall of Fame.  RIP sir.

--- In [email-masked], richgilbertson@... wrote:
> I have a phone message from Joan Freeman telling me that Tom passed away 
> last night. I have not yet been able to reach her, and will continue to 
> try. We were very close friends for such a long time. I am deeply 
> saddened.
>
> Tom developed Parkinson's some years ago, and lost many of his usual 
> pleasures. Primarily the computer as he was unable to function between his 
> eyes and fingers. Tom was a pediatrician, and had to stop his greatest 
> joy, helping children. Walking and talking were very difficult and much of 
> his pleasures were difficult.
>