Subject: where is everyone?

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 Jan 2014 06:53:31 -0800

it's dead in here

---

From: "Ksarul" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 10:30:02 -0500

I’ve been working hard on reconstructing a complete set of schematics to the
Wiesbaden Supermodul II in Visio, along with an updated version of the board
layout using ExpressPCB.  I reconstructed the manual a while back, and I
recently finished a reconstruction of the software flow diagram for it, with
the gracious help of the original designer, Sven Dyroff from Wiesbaden.
He’s declared the IP contained in it as an Open-Source project under the
Creative Commons 3.0 framework
(http://www.creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/de/), a move for which I
thank him, as it allows me to recreate a very useful TI peripheral.  That
hasn’t left me a lot of hobby time to post.

I’ll have to do some tests on my 512K ÜberGROM boards in the next couple of
weeks too—I may have figured out how to eliminate the problem that was
causing the board to randomly fail. . .

I’m still plugging away at a through-hole layout for the IDE board too, so
yeah, life has been busy. . .

Jim

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2014 9:54 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TI994A] where is everyone?

it's dead in here

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
http://www.avast.com

---

From: "Dan O'Quinn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 14:21:31 -0500

subscribe to all 3 or is it 4 ti list?
1 is [email-masked]
2  [email-masked]
3  [email-masked]
maybe more
and atari age
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: [email-masked] 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2014 9:53 AM
  Subject: [TI994A] where is everyone?

  it's dead in here

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Jan 2014 03:40:26 -0800

Hi Jim!

I have got some german documentations, handdrawn schematics (again with german labeling) and high-res photos about the Super Modul (I and or II) in digital format (dsk File/jpg Files). Can you use that for your project? 

Also I was at my flat yesterday to browse through my collection, mainly not yet digitized tapes and not transfered disks that I got from former ti users. One of those members gave me a lot and was in quite some contact and private sharing with guys like Winfried Winkler, Edgar Mauk and other Gurus. The disk/tape labels look very promising, but you never know. A lot of stuff is assembler, GPL docs/prgs and DSR, even on tapes. Don't know yet how to backup those assembler tape prgs to DISK. Took the tape recorder and 50 tapes with me :) Also one tape says Supermodul, but I don't know if that is among the 50 I took. So that is my next (and current) project: Preservation :)

Klaus

---

From: "Ksarul" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 07:16:09 -0500

Those would be useful Klaus, as they may include bits beyond what I received
from Sven.  

One other thing you might want to look for amongst all of the things you’ve
received over the years is a GRAM file copy of the p-Code system.  I know
that it exists—it was demonstrated at the TI Treffen in Berlin many years
ago by Alexander Hulpke, who tested it on a Supermodul II and also on my
Geneve.  It was a conversion of the TI version of the p-System designed to
launch from a cartridge as opposed to using a p-Code card.  I believe the
file name was PASCAL, with six additional files (PASCAL1-PASCAL6) and a
Turtle Graphics Unit (a conversion of the routines from APPLE PASCAL).  He
was a beta tester for the author, who was part of the old Vienna Users
Group, so the code may have survived in one of those items you’ve received.
Alexander wasn’t permitted to release it when he showed it in Berlin, as the
author planned an eventual commercial release—thus, though it has been on
one of my machines, I do not have a copy of it.

Vielen Dank für deine Bemühungen.

Jim

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 6:40 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [TI994A] where is everyone?

Hi Jim!

I have got some german documentations, handdrawn schematics (again with
german labeling) and high-res photos about the Super Modul (I and or II) in
digital format (dsk File/jpg Files). Can you use that for your project? 

Also I was at my flat yesterday to browse through my collection, mainly not
yet digitized tapes and not transfered disks that I got from former ti
users. One of those members gave me a lot and was in quite some contact and
private sharing with guys like Winfried Winkler, Edgar Mauk and other Gurus.
The disk/tape labels look very promising, but you never know. A lot of stuff
is assembler, GPL docs/prgs and DSR, even on tapes. Don't know yet how to
backup those assembler tape prgs to DISK. Took the tape recorder and 50
tapes with me :) Also one tape says Supermodul, but I don't know if that is
among the 50 I took. So that is my next (and current) project: Preservation
:)

Klaus

---

---

From: ti99_forever <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 06:04:36 -0800 (PST)

If anyone's main interest is the turtle graphics routines, Anders sent me a copy of these (a long time ago), and I was able to create a turtle graphics unit from this.

It is on WHT...

Ben

On Wednesday, January 22, 2014 7:18 AM, Ksarul <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
>
>Those would be useful Klaus, as they may include bits beyond what I received from Sven.  
> 
>One other thing you might want to look for amongst all of the things you’ve received over the years is a GRAM file copy of the p-Code system.  I know that it exists—it was demonstrated at the TI Treffen in Berlin many years ago by Alexander Hulpke, who tested it on a Supermodul II and also on my Geneve.  It was a conversion of the TI version of the p-System designed to launch from a cartridge as opposed to using a p-Code card.  I believe the file name was PASCAL, with six additional files (PASCAL1-PASCAL6) and a Turtle Graphics Unit (a conversion of the routines from APPLE PASCAL).  He was a beta tester for the author, who was part of the old Vienna Users Group, so the code may have survived in one of those items you’ve received.  Alexander wasn’t permitted to release it when he showed it in Berlin, as the author planned an eventual commercial release—thus, though it has been on one of my machines, I do not have a copy of it.
> 
>From:[email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
>>________________________________
>

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Jan 2014 07:42:17 -0800

i still lurk around a few times a year

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Jan 2014 14:15:52 -0800

Gary, why don't you come down to the Faire this year?  --Hal

---

From: "Ksarul" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 18:16:55 -0500

Yes, that would be nice.  I'd like to meet another of the interesting folks
I've had many long e-mail conversations with!

Jim

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2014 5:16 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TI994A] RE: where is everyone?

---

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Jan 2014 16:23:25 -0800

Maybe, but I not as close as I used to be, now on Tropical Island for the last few years, no longer chilling in cold Canada.

---

From: Gregory McGill <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 16:41:13 -0800

Next faire at Gary's house :)

Greg

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 4:23 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
>
> Maybe, but I not as close as I used to be, now on Tropical Island for the
> last few years, no longer chilling in cold Canada.
>  
>

---

From: Jeff White <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 23:48:13 -0500

Hal has a habit of wearing short pants at the Chicago faire.  What would he wear on a tropical island?

Jeff White

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Jan 2014 21:14:05 -0800

I got so used to the warm weather here, I now back to wearing long pants, even sweater at times, I get the chills when it goes under 24c.

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Jan 2014 21:18:15 -0800

No problem, I got tons of room, 2015 maybe, if people are willing to vacation in hot sun and crystal clear beachs, and drink lots of rum and beer, just let me know how big of bus I need to pick up everyone at the airport, as my car only fits normally 5, all tho once I got 12 in it on a trip to beach, but my place is alway from all the mass-tourism about a 6 to 7 hour drive from airport to the real beauty of nature untouched the way life should be, relaxing, and clam, and peaceful, if we run out of room we can go crash Brad Pitt's place he got 7km of beachfront nearby, lucky guy, I only got one small little 3 bedroom ranch house.

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 Jan 2014 15:01:28 -0800

Hi Jim!
I sent you the super modul files via a private message to yahoo and atariage.
BR Klaus

---

From: "Ksarul" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 19:09:24 -0500

Many thanks, Klaus!  I downloaded them today.  I had most of the diagrams
from Sven, but the rest of the files are mostly new to me (and for the
various GRAM devices, it seems).  The Manual pages are already converted to
a WORD document that I put up on AtariAge.  I have also turned the “Ablauf”
document into a Visio drawing and also a PDF (but it still needs a bit of
work to conform to Sven’s wishes for attribution).  I also have a nearly
complete circuit diagram in Visio—I’m still checking it to make sure I
didn’t miss any connections.

Ich spreche auch fließend Deutsch, falls Dir irgendwas schwer in Englisch
fällt.

Jim

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2014 6:01 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [TI994A] where is everyone?

Hi Jim!
I sent you the super modul files via a private message to yahoo and
atariage.
BR Klaus

---

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 Jan 2014 17:13:29 -0800

As little as possible, maybe a loincloth and my TI hat.  ;-)  --Hal