Subject: TI994a rediscovery

From: Steve <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 18:28:23 -0500

A bit of nostalgia has set in, I was thinking I really enjoyed the TI
system back then.
I , like a lot of others were lured by IBM XT computers and had to
build one.....so the ti sadly fell silent.
Then came a bulletin board system...(Sights  Sounds). and a 5 meg
hard drive.
And so, the Ti fell into further non use.
  
I regret at some point after 10 revisions of my ibm systems and buying
a "portable" computer and then a laptop along with a Grid computer I
thought my ti was no longer a viable machine and I didn't even sell
it.....just when I moved left it behind., OUCH
  
Now I think I need to find a system. It was great fun. A great fun
time. I was part of the LITI ti group on Long Island.

I'm trying to get up to speed on what is out there and what hardware
solutions are available.
Storing and loading programs.

I've been away from it for a long time.

Unfortunately I also junked most of the software I had. Including a set
of original disks of TI official extended basic programs, I forget
the name of the author employed by TI to write the stuff. ( he gave them 
to me after he left ti)

Numbers of 8k cards I built and some other things.

I saw someone mention the Monopoly program I had upgraded which I found
online but it's in ARK form and I couldn't Un ark it so that I could
load it into the win994a simulator. (tried DEark-ti)
I wrote a few other things that I put out there , a PRK program and a
few graphics programs.

Can someone who is still into the 99/4a fill me in.

Thanks

Steve

---

From: Chris and Veronica Schneider <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 17:50:12 -0600

Steve,

Try Archiver 3.03g or 4.0 to unarchive it.

Chris and Veronica Schneider

From:  Steve <[email-masked]>
Reply-To:  <[email-masked]>
Date:  Wed, 05 Mar 2014 18:28:23 -0500
To:  <[email-masked]>
Subject:  [TI994A] TI994a rediscovery

   

 

Thanks

Steve

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 19:03:42 -0500

Hi Steve.
Welcome to the group.

Where to start...hmmmmmmm.

Emulators. Winn994a isn't the most advanced one. There are others.
PC99, V9t9, Classic99, and MESS, amongst a few others.
All have pros and cons, MESS is probably the most accurate if that's 
what you're looking for.

All sorts of equipment is available on EBAY, and you can usually get a 
pretty good deal if you're patient.
Don't know how much you know about improved hardware, but there's a lot. 
If you've got nothing, you might want to start with a console,
and then try to find a CF7 or NanoPEB. They're current-day devices to 
replace the PEB and are about the size of a speech synthesizer,
they use CF cards to replicate many virtual floppy disks and include 32k 
and RS232 functions.

If you have any more specific questions, just ask. There's many here 
willing to help.

Tony

---

From: Steve <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 19:01:22 -0500

Thanks for the reply.
Give me a clue where I might be able to find it.

Steve

Chris and Veronica Schneider wrote:

> From: Steve <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>>
> Reply-To: <[email-masked] 
> <mailto:[email-masked]%21%0A%20>>
> To: <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>>

---

From: Chris and Veronica Schneider <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 19:15:36 -0600

There is a TI/Myarc related ftp site.

ftp://ftp.whtech.com

Anonymous access setting.

Just use your favorite FTP program.  I use FileZilla.  Tons of programs, and
information on the site.

Also if you have not made it to:

Http://www.mainbyte.com
http://home.vodafonethuis.nl/fgkaal/
http://www.99er.net
http://www.ninerpedia.org/index.php/Main_Page

There are many others.

Chris

From:  Steve <[email-masked]>
Reply-To:  <[email-masked]>
Date:  Wed, 05 Mar 2014 19:01:22 -0500
To:  <[email-masked]>
Subject:  Re: [TI994A] TI994a rediscovery

Thanks for the reply.

Steve

Chris and Veronica Schneider wrote:
>  Reply-To:  <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]%21%0A%20> >

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 06 Mar 2014 13:46:05 -0800

Steve, every month the Chicago TI User Group presents a three-hour show on Ustreamtv.com during which we demo all kinds of TI software and hardware.  It airs from about 1:30 p.m. CST (or CDT) on the first Saturday of each month, except for July and August.  Some of the videos of past shows are also available.  There are loads of websites dedicated to things TI as well.  Welcome back to the community!  --Hal

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 08 Mar 2014 06:32:57 -0800

Steve... 

 I add my welcome to those who've already replied!  An online TI-99/4A forum that is very active and informative is the TI-99/4A Programming Forum on AtariAge.

 ...lee

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 08 Mar 2014 06:48:52 -0800

My reference to the TI-99/4A Programming Forum on AtariAge was supposed to include this link: http://atariage.com/forums/forum/119-ti-994a-programming/ http://atariage.com/forums/forum/119-ti-994a-programming/

 I really hate this new YaHoo! interface for groups!

 ...lee